+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting a long time for background clearance to complete

Fidai

Jun 19, 2018
Provincial Nomination programme
My application was recieved Dec 01,2016
Cic asked for landing fees on may 04,2017
Asked to provide police clearance June 05,2017
I dint hear back from them until January 2018, so me and my husband did our medicals without request and sent it to immigration. It has still not been updated on my account that they have recieved my medicals.
Its over processing time and I don’t know what is happening:(
I called cic and all they say is they are doing background check.
I sent an email to them and got a reply back saying that they are doing some additional verification and will contact us if they need any additional information.
Does anyone have the same problem like this or does someone know what could I do to find out more information
Its very stressful
I have a closed work permit and im very stressed out with this job I have and cannot grow and make more money
I have a 4 year old daughter and its getting very tough for us financially and mentally
Please, if someone has some knowledge that would be appreciated

antonpa

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
Nova Scotia
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-08-2016
AOR Received.
28-11-2016
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
25-11-2017
Passport Req..
30-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2019
Provincial Nomination programme
My application was recieved Dec 01,2016
Cic asked for landing fees on may 04,2017
Asked to provide police clearance June 05,2017
I dint hear back from them until January 2018, so me and my husband did our medicals without request and sent it to immigration. It has still not been updated on my account that they have recieved my medicals.
Its over processing time and I don’t know what is happening:(
I called cic and all they say is they are doing background check.
I sent an email to them and got a reply back saying that they are doing some additional verification and will contact us if they need any additional information.
Does anyone have the same problem like this or does someone know what could I do to find out more information
Its very stressful
I have a closed work permit and im very stressed out with this job I have and cannot grow and make more money
I have a 4 year old daughter and its getting very tough for us financially and mentally
Please, if someone has some knowledge that would be appreciated
I'm in the same boat, though my application was received August 2016 and our medicals done in November 2017.
My closed work permit expires in 12 days, and they are still reviewing its extension since May 20 (which is 8 days over the normal time already).
There is nothing anybody can do here. Just wait.

nickmalik

Star Member
Nov 20, 2011
Canada
IELTS Request
There are all types of applicant with some problem.
I applied pr ,feb 7 2017, almost all my friend got ppr , even who applied after me , i am single applicant ainp pr filed.
Already waited 26 months for ainp , for which i have to buy lmia to get wp with huge amount , now i am on restoration period , no job , no wp . Bcz wp got expired And waiting for ppr , like my life depends on it , which is true somehow.
Wait is killing me.

Kahila

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
There are all types of applicant with some problem.
I applied pr ,feb 7 2017, almost all my friend got ppr , even who applied after me , i am single applicant ainp pr filed.
Already waited 26 months for ainp , for which i have to buy lmia to get wp with huge amount , now i am on restoration period , no job , no wp . Bcz wp got expired And waiting for ppr , like my life depends on it , which is true somehow.
Wait is killing me.
Did you get PPR?

Fidai

Jun 19, 2018
It’s Canadian Secret Intelligence Services. They are Canada’s spy agency. They review all PR applicants before approval. What date was your initial appliaction if I may ask?
Does it say on your application that they are doing CSIS inquiryÉ

Fidai

Jun 19, 2018
I'm in the same boat, though my application was received August 2016 and our medicals done in November 2017.
My closed work permit expires in 12 days, and they are still reviewing its extension since May 20 (which is 8 days over the normal time already).
There is nothing anybody can do here. Just wait.
You did not re-apply for your work permit
I applied for my work permit even though it expires in DEC 2018. why would you need LMIA i dont understand. You are eligible to apply open work permit if you r file is in process with CIC..
Even mine was closed but now i am eligible for open work permit.

Fidai

Jun 19, 2018
I sent them a request regarding the status of my background check only a few days ago. It says it can take up to 8 weeks for them to reply back. So will have to wait. Will update on this forum when I get a reply back from them.
I applied for my GMSC notes and i got it in 3 weeks. it did not say much. it was very confusing. 34 criminal checks:( I sent my medicals already but they haven't reached to my medicals. No idea whats going on

IZZY2016

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
You did not re-apply for your work permit
I applied for my work permit even though it expires in DEC 2018. why would you need LMIA i dont understand. You are eligible to apply open work permit if you r file is in process with CIC..
Even mine was closed but now i am eligible for open work permit.
Sept 22, 2016 applicant. Still waiting for the background check to be completed. Not sure if i will get it this year. My closed work permit will be expiring in Jan16, 2019. Are we eligible to apply for open work permit once you have the closed work permit? very curious to know how you did this. Thanks

Fidai

Jun 19, 2018
You can automatically qualify for work permit when ur closed work permit expires. I would recommend you to apply your WP 3-4 month before expiration.
You don’t need LMIA. They are doing my Criminal check since June 05, 2017. They havent requested my medicals either. It dsnt explain much.

IZZY2016

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
You can automatically qualify for work permit when ur closed work permit expires. I would recommend you to apply your WP 3-4 month before expiration.
You don’t need LMIA. They are doing my Criminal check since June 05, 2017. They havent requested my medicals either. It dsnt explain much.
I know I can extend before it expires. But my question is whether I can switch from close to open WP? Last time I applied through my employer by getting an offer of employment from them as I did not have the AOR at that time. I'm your case, did you switch from closed to open WP?

Fidai

Jun 19, 2018
Yes you automatically qualify for open work permit.
Coz i also have a closed work permit and when i called cic they said you apply for open work permit for extension.

funter28

May 20, 2015
Yes you automatically qualify for open work permit.
Coz i also have a closed work permit and when i called cic they said you apply for open work permit for extension.
is your csis completed? if yes when? Any idea why your application is taking so long? Are you FSW?

Fidai

Jun 19, 2018
is your csis completed? if yes when? Any idea why your application is taking so long? Are you FSW?
They are doing my criminal background check. Not CSIS
Noone knows why its taking so long. They say some files take longer then expected. I am at 21 months now, applied as With AINP nomination.

funter28

May 20, 2015
They are doing my criminal background check. Not CSIS
Noone knows why its taking so long. They say some files take longer then expected. I am at 21 months now, applied as With AINP nomination.
Ok. Hope you'll get it soon.