+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting + 3 months since test/interview to DM. Anyone else?

Pcanadian

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Received GCMS notes:

Knowledge: Passed
Residence: Passed
Language: Passed
Security: (Blank)
Prohibition: Not started
Criminality: Passed

Don't know what to make of it

What is Prohibition
Is there's any update that you have attended the test/interview

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014

Pcanadian

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Received GCMS notes:

What is Prohibition
@dpenabill can you please share any thoughts?
Is the prohibition checks related anyhow to security clearances?

citizenship2017

Nov 23, 2017
Received GCMS notes:

What is Prohibition
My notes are exactly same as yours. My security is in progress as per officer who interviewed me at the day test

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
My notes are exactly same as yours. My security is in progress as per officer who interviewed me at the day test
The problem that the security section is completely blank ... No details about the progress

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Due date was 2018/03/31 but obviously nothing happened.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
It warrants emphasizing: in the absence of an actual reason for making the ATIP request for a copy of a GCMS report, THERE IS NO REASON TO MAKE THE ATIP REQUEST, THERE IS VIRTUALLY NOTHING TO BE GAINED.

REMINDER: The copy of a GCMS report obtained by citizenship applicants has many default codes which do NOT indicate anything of use at all.

REMINDER: The vast majority of QUALIFIED applicants have NOTHING to worry about. As long as they properly completed the application, responded to any notifications or requests from IRCC, showed up for the interview and if applicable passed the test, the odds are very, very high ALL IS WELL, NO PROBLEM. Nothing to worry about.

REMINDER: The timeline even for the most routinely processed applicants will VARY CONSIDERABLY. And I explicitly mean it WILL VARY, not that it can vary, IT WILL VARY. Even within the same local office, as between applicants who applied around the same time and who have very similar applications, most will take around TWICE as long as the fastest took, and MANY will take THREE times as long.

So, if it appears numerous October 2017 applicants are taking the oath within five months, there will be NO sign of any inordinate delay affecting other October 2017 applicants UNTIL October 2018 AT THE SOONEST.

Other than regularly watching for communications and notices from IRCC, the vast majority of October 2017 applicants should have NO REASON, NO CALL to request GCMS notes UNTIL October 2018 AT THE SOONEST. Sure, if you show up for the interview and the interviewer aggressively pursues questions about security or criminality issues, or about the physical presence calculation, and five or six months go by with no further notice or requests from IRCC after the interview, and the response for a webform query is inadequate, MIGHT be time to make a CUSTOMIZED ATIP request.

OTHERWISE: COME ON, RELAX, BE PATIENT.

Save yourself the stress.

Applied october 2017
Test Feb 05 2018
Still no DM since
Received GCMS notes:
What is Prohibition
@dpenabill can you please share any thoughts?
Is the prohibition checks related anyhow to security clearances?
Re Prohibitions:

Every applicant has addressed prohibitions. First in the application. Don't remember this? Revisit your responses given to item 16 in the October 2017 version of the application. Secondly in the interview, that form the interviewer requires the applicant to sign. It basically references the same situations listed in item 16 in the 10-2017 version of the application. Most applicants will need to again verify no prohibitions before taking the oath.

No advanced degrees in cryptography necessary; a cursory review of the prohibitions (again, see item 16 in the application) reveals they involve criminality, security, and immigration-related history and status issues. Just about any potential BACKGROUND checking, other than verification of physical presence, touches on situations related to prohibitions. Some background checks will likely be done right up to when the oath is taken (at the least, there will be a GCMS screening before the oath; that GCMS screening is broader and more intensive than the GCMS citizenship file report copy sent to client/applicants).

BUT this does NOT illuminate much if anything about what the GCMS entry "Prohibition: Not Started" means. As I have oft noted, interpreting these entries is largely a FUTILE exercise from which NO useful information is ordinarily derived.

Leading to this:

"Don't know what to make of it"

Here is what to make of it: Relax. Be patient. Watch for communications from IRCC. Otherwise WAIT . . . and continue waiting, unless and until November arrives, then make a help centre telephone call and/or a webform query. And go from there.

In the meantime. Relax. Be patient. Watch for communications from IRCC. And otherwise WAIT!

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
It warrants emphasizing: in the absence of an actual reason for making the ATIP request for a copy of a GCMS report, THERE IS NO REASON TO MAKE THE ATIP REQUEST, THERE IS VIRTUALLY NOTHING TO BE GAINED.

REMINDER: The copy of a GCMS report obtained by citizenship applicants has many default codes which do NOT indicate anything of use at all.

REMINDER: The vast majority of QUALIFIED applicants have NOTHING to worry about. As long as they properly completed the application, responded to any notifications or requests from IRCC, showed up for the interview and if applicable passed the test, the odds are very, very high ALL IS WELL, NO PROBLEM. Nothing to worry about.

REMINDER: The timeline even for the most routinely processed applicants will VARY CONSIDERABLY. And I explicitly mean it WILL VARY, not that it can vary, IT WILL VARY. Even within the same local office, as between applicants who applied around the same time and who have very similar applications, most will take around TWICE as long as the fastest took, and MANY will take THREE times as long.

So, if it appears numerous October 2017 applicants are taking the oath within five months, there will be NO sign of any inordinate delay affecting other October 2017 applicants UNTIL October 2018 AT THE SOONEST.

Other than regularly watching for communications and notices from IRCC, the vast majority of October 2017 applicants should have NO REASON, NO CALL to request GCMS notes UNTIL October 2018 AT THE SOONEST. Sure, if you show up for the interview and the interviewer aggressively pursues questions about security or criminality issues, or about the physical presence calculation, and five or six months go by with no further notice or requests from IRCC after the interview, and the response for a webform query is inadequate, MIGHT be time to make a CUSTOMIZED ATIP request.

OTHERWISE: COME ON, RELAX, BE PATIENT.

Save yourself the stress.

Re Prohibitions:

Every applicant has addressed prohibitions. First in the application. Don't remember this? Revisit your responses given to item 16 in the October 2017 version of the application. Secondly in the interview, that form the interviewer requires the applicant to sign. It basically references the same situations listed in item 16 in the 10-2017 version of the application. Most applicants will need to again verify no prohibitions before taking the oath.

No advanced degrees in cryptography necessary; a cursory review of the prohibitions (again, see item 16 in the application) reveals they involve criminality, security, and immigration-related history and status issues. Just about any potential BACKGROUND checking, other than verification of physical presence, touches on situations related to prohibitions. Some background checks will likely be done right up to when the oath is taken (at the least, there will be a GCMS screening before the oath; that GCMS screening is broader and more intensive than the GCMS citizenship file report copy sent to client/applicants).

BUT this does NOT illuminate much if anything about what the GCMS entry "Prohibition: Not Started" means. As I have oft noted, interpreting these entries is largely a FUTILE exercise from which NO useful information is ordinarily derived.

Leading to this:

"Don't know what to make of it"

Here is what to make of it: Relax. Be patient. Watch for communications from IRCC. Otherwise WAIT . . . and continue waiting, unless and until November arrives, then make a help centre telephone call and/or a webform query. And go from there.

In the meantime. Relax. Be patient. Watch for communications from IRCC. And otherwise WAIT!
Look i understand very well that it might take a long time and the processing time is 12 months.

However the reason i am thinking about it and making atip requests is i have my passport, my pr card and my USA visa expiring in july-august. And i need the 3 of them for september

So having my canadian citizenship before would help me avoid to renew the three things above ... so yea it's beautiful to advice people to relax however in some cases it's not that simple ....

Reactions: Towhida

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Look i understand very well that it might take a long time and the processing time is 12 months.

However the reason i am thinking about it and making atip requests is i have my passport, my pr card and my USA visa expiring in july-august. And i need the 3 of them for september

So having my canadian citizenship before would help me avoid to renew the three things above ... so yea it's beautiful to advice people to relax however in some cases it's not that simple ....
Obtaining a copy of the ATIP generated GCMS client-report is NOT going to accomplish anything:
-- it will NOT accelerate the processing timeline
-- it will NOT provide you with any information which will help you make any decisions
-- -- this includes making any decisions in dealing with IRCC about your application
-- -- this includes making decisions about how to handle matters related to status in other countries
-- -- this includes making a decision about whether or when to apply for a new PR card​

I understand almost everyone is anxious and would like to know what will happen and WHEN. BUT you would do as well to boil some tea leaves, let them steep for a bit, drink or remove the water, and see what you can learn reading the tea leaves. Seriously.

I also understand many applicants have circumstances in their life which elevate the importance of what-and-WHEN for them. But again, there is no crystal ball. It will happen when it happens. And as I emphasized, it is not just that the timeline CAN vary, it WILL vary from one applicant to another.

You will learn as much as you can about what-and-when for your application by watching for communications and notifications from IRCC, including watching eCas. THAT'S IT. Sorry, really, and practically, that is it.

For example: As for IF or when to apply for a new PR card, in particular, again the ATIP reports are NOT going to help. For those who definitely need to have a valid PR card, watch the IRCC online information for how long it is currently taking routine applications, and apply with a few weeks margin before that. Consider the cost and effort as paying for insurance.

The spreadsheets may offer some indication. That information is not very reliable. General conclusions based on the spreadsheets tends to be less-than-credible. And, the spreadsheets offer NO assurance at all about how long it is likely to take any specific applicant, other than the spreadsheets can suggest a very broad ballpark range in which things are fairly likely to happen.

As little as the spreadsheets will help forecast an individual's timeline, that is WAY more information than the applicant will get from the ATIP GCMS notes.

THUS:
So having my canadian citizenship before would help me avoid to renew the three things above ...
Understood. Of course. Many do indeed have reason to be anxious.

BUT IN THE MEANTIME, sorry, honestly, really and practically, the best the applicant can do is again: Relax. Be patient. Watch for communications from IRCC. And otherwise WAIT!

And of course make decisions in one's life according to the respective situation with due consideration for one's individual needs and priorities.

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Can you share the your file location in GCMS notes ... like there is a file location code ... maybe we can verify if we are in the same pile

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Same here, I passed the test on Jan 24 and still in process, I called IRCC yesterday and the agency told me that my application is completed, There is no missing document there is no any other requirement and there is no background check just waiting for oath date from Montreal office
Any news for you ?

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
It took 3 months since my test for status to change to DM. They sent FP two days after my test which I completed within 2 weeks. RCMP confirmed they sent results within 2 days of fingerprinting.Then it took them another 2.5 months to change it to DM. Still waiting for Oath invite.

I ended up doing a ATIP request. IRCC simply didnt even open the file since receiving the results of the FP from RCMP in my case.
Either ways there isnt much you can do unless you are passed the 12 month total processing time mark.

robinhood_1984

Jan 22, 2018
What does the 12 month processing time even mean in real terms, if anything? If your application exceeds 12 months, is there any course of action open to you that will achieve anything or is it merely their own target that they can and will ignore at will, with no recourse?