+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wait times for R10 completeness check?

Tom1144

Oct 6, 2016
Hi everyone,
I've been waiting a long time for my completeness check on my CEC application and I'm starting to get worried.

I got my AOR on May 22, 2016, so I'm at around four and a half months now. My postgraduate work permit expires November 25, and initially I thought I'd have no problem getting the R10 done in time to obtain a BOWP, but it's starting to get tight.

One note: I submitted my original application without a US police certificate because I couldn't obtain it in time. I followed the instructions of submitting a letter of explanation. I received a letter of request for the document on June 20, and submitted it shortly thereafter. Seemed like everything was moving quickly, but since then, nothing - not even an update on the background check.

So my status for the last four and a half months has been:

Application/Profile status: Open
Review of eligibility: Review in Progress
Review of medical results: Passed
Review of submitted documents: Provided
Scheduling an interview: Not needed at this time
Background check is needed: Not started
Final decision: Not started

Does anyone have any experience with current wait times for the completeness check? Does my situation seem normal or weird? Could they be taking a while because the document request set back my processing time? Is it possible there's something wrong with my application? Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

gatorengineer

Star Member
May 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-16
Doc's Request.
11-08-16
AOR Received.
27-06-16
IELTS Request
CELPIP Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-07-16
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Tom1144 said:
Hi everyone,
I've been waiting a long time for my completeness check on my CEC application and I'm starting to get worried.

I got my AOR on May 22, 2016, so I'm at around four and a half months now. My postgraduate work permit expires November 25, and initially I thought I'd have no problem getting the R10 done in time to obtain a BOWP, but it's starting to get tight.

One note: I submitted my original application without a US police certificate because I couldn't obtain it in time. I followed the instructions of submitting a letter of explanation. I received a letter of request for the document on June 20, and submitted it shortly thereafter. Seemed like everything was moving quickly, but since then, nothing - not even an update on the background check.

Does anyone have any experience with current wait times for the completeness check? Does my situation seem normal or weird? Could they be taking a while because the document request set back my processing time? Is it possible there's something wrong with my application? Any other thoughts?

Thanks!
No way to know unless you order your GCMS notes.

Tom1144

Oct 6, 2016
Also just curious to know what kinds of waiting times people have experienced for the completeness check, and whether this is normal or longer than usual.

IvC

Oct 6, 2016
Tom1144 said:
Right, but also curious to know if anyone has had similar experiences?
Hi Tom, as you mentioned earlier, we are in quite a similar situation.
The only difference is I have submitted my Background Check information and it is current under "In Progress".

I have updated my post after I obtained additional information regarding my situation. You can check it out there.

Thank you and good luck to you!

rottenapple

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
GP
Category........
NOC Code......
NOC 6242
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2016
Doc's Request.
RPRF/ Oct. 05,2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Aug. 09,'16
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
NONE
Med's Request
DONE
Med's Done....
16-08-2016/PASSED
Interview........
NOT NEEDED AT THIS TIME
Passport Req..
JANUARY 04,2017
VISA ISSUED...
JAN.20,2017/ Immigrant visa n COPR issued
LANDED..........
Feb.01,2017
Please how do I know if I got my R10 completeness check.. I'm under EE, submited all my documents last Aug. 08,2016... They request to pay my RPRF last Oct. 08, 2016.... Need to apply BOWP, current workpermit will expire this DEc. 28,2016... Need your help please....

gatorengineer

Star Member
May 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-16
Doc's Request.
11-08-16
AOR Received.
27-06-16
IELTS Request
CELPIP Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-07-16
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
rottenapple said:
Please how do I know if I got my R10 completeness check.. I'm under EE, submited all my documents last Aug. 08,2016... They request to pay my RPRF last Oct. 08, 2016.... Need to apply BOWP, current workpermit will expire this DEc. 28,2016... Need your help please....
If they requested RPRF, It's safe to say R10 check was OK.
I believe they check/request for RPRF after R10
YMMV there is no absolute way of knowing that unless you get GCMS notes.

If I were you I'd get notes (ordered today will be delivered in 30 days) and then apply for BOWP before Dec 28 and work on implied status.
Maybe experts can guide you better.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
rottenapple said:
If you have already submitted your eAPR, you do NOT need to wait for the R10 completeness check to be completed before you apply for the BOWP. You only need to provide a copy of the acknowledgement of receipt that you received after you submitted your application. It is true that the BOWP cannot be finalized before the R10 check, but you can submit your application before that, and benefit from implied status, if that is necessary.

chonji1226

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Do I need to pass the medical exams for the R10 completeness check? My wife is pregnant so we will have to wait until she gives birth. But my work permit expires in August so I'm thinking to submit an BOWP while waiting for my wife to complete her medicals.

But will my R10 completeness check fail if my wife has not completed her medicals yet? I'm the principal applicant.

I'm assuming incomplete medicals should not affect the R10 completeness check because of this phrase in the CIC website about BOWP:

"If a medical examination has not been previously conducted or its result has expired, the office must impose the following conditions:

not authorized to work in childcare, primary or secondary school teaching, or health services field occupations;
not authorized to work in agricultural occupations (designated countries only)"

rottenapple

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
GP
Category........
NOC Code......
NOC 6242
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2016
Doc's Request.
RPRF/ Oct. 05,2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Aug. 09,'16
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
NONE
Med's Request
DONE
Med's Done....
16-08-2016/PASSED
Interview........
NOT NEEDED AT THIS TIME
Passport Req..
JANUARY 04,2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Feb.01,2017
Tom1144 said:
Hi everyone,

Hi Tom, how's your R10 completeness check now? How many months did you wait for R10?

Thanks!

mrawa

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
06-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-03-2017
jes_ON said:
If you have already submitted your eAPR, you do NOT need to wait for the R10 completeness check to be completed before you apply for the BOWP. You only need to provide a copy of the acknowledgement of receipt that you received after you submitted your application. It is true that the BOWP cannot be finalized before the R10 check, but you can submit your application before that, and benefit from implied status, if that is necessary.
I think a lot of applicants are experiencing a delay in R10 Completeness Check, I am one of them. My eAPR submission date is relatively recent, received AOR on Nov 5th, 2016 and applied for BOWP on 21st Nov. The usual turn around time for online BOWP application is 30 days and its way past 30 days for me. CIC have put my BOWP application on hold, I am assuming it's because my R10 Completeness Check is not done yet. I am currently on implied status and scared that if they cancel my BOWP application because of the delay in R10.

@jes_ON - you have answered my queries in past as well, really appreciate your help. Do you by any chance aware of any such cases, where BOWP application got cancelled/ rejected because of delay in R10 completeness check? BTW happy new year !! Thanks

rottenapple

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
GP
Category........
NOC Code......
NOC 6242
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2016
Doc's Request.
RPRF/ Oct. 05,2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Aug. 09,'16
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
NONE
Med's Request
DONE
Med's Done....
16-08-2016/PASSED
Interview........
NOT NEEDED AT THIS TIME
Passport Req..
JANUARY 04,2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Feb.01,2017
mrawa said:
I think a lot of applicants are experiencing a delay in R10 Completeness Check, I am one of them. My eAPR submission date is relatively recent, received AOR on Nov 5th, 2016 and applied for BOWP on 21st Nov. The usual turn around time for online BOWP application is 30 days and its way past 30 days for me. CIC have put my BOWP application on hold, I am assuming it's because my R10 Completeness Check is not done yet. I am currently on implied status and scared that if they cancel my BOWP application because of the delay in R10.

@jes_ON - you have answered my queries in past as well, really appreciate your help. Do you by any chance aware of any such cases, where BOWP application got cancelled/ rejected because of delay in R10 completeness check? BTW happy new year !! Thanks
How's your BOWP application?

rottenapple

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
GP
Category........
NOC Code......
NOC 6242
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2016
Doc's Request.
RPRF/ Oct. 05,2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Aug. 09,'16
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
NONE
Med's Request
DONE
Med's Done....
16-08-2016/PASSED
Interview........
NOT NEEDED AT THIS TIME
Passport Req..
JANUARY 04,2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Feb.01,2017

rafa2mac

Jul 21, 2014
Same situation here.

Applied for PR November 11 and applied for BOWP November 14th.

My current work permit will expire on January 15th, so in a few days.

BOWP is on hold till the R-10 Check is complete.