+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wait for ECA from CES or gamble with WES

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
Hello,

Looking for some advice on my situation, am waiting for the ECA from CES but the increasing CRS cutoffs is making me nervous and am wondering if there is any option to speed it up? My current CRS is 470 (assuming ECA for MS comes through), but have a birthday coming up soon in July and that will drop it to 465.

With the increasing CRS cutoffs the wait to get into the pool is making me nervous, my transcripts were just received by CES last week and they are citing the 12 week wait from ~20 April, which will lead to the drop in CRS.

Is it worth gambling on a faster turnaround from WES or any other agency? Any other suggestions? In case relevant my degree is an MS from US.

Thanks!

hc_mum

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Hello,

Looking for some advice on my situation, am waiting for the ECA from CES but the increasing CRS cutoffs is making me nervous and am wondering if there is any option to speed it up? My current CRS is 470 (assuming ECA for MS comes through), but have a birthday coming up soon in July and that will drop it to 465.

With the increasing CRS cutoffs the wait to get into the pool is making me nervous, my transcripts were just received by CES last week and they are citing the 12 week wait from ~20 April, which will lead to the drop in CRS.

Is it worth gambling on a faster turnaround from WES or any other agency? Any other suggestions? In case relevant my degree is an MS from US.

Thanks!
Hi
You can expect final report in 10-12 weeks from the date of their receipt of your transcript ( me and my friend both got their evaluation a week back, my transcript reached them on 2nd Feb and I got final report on 20th Apr). No point in going for WES now as they will also take same 2-2.5 months and CES is more lenient in evaluation compared with WES.

Also even if you loose 5 points because of upcoming birthday. 465 is a very safescore and you will sail thru in first week after you enter in EE.

Reactions: ryeCatcher

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
@hc_mum : thanks for responding. 10 weeks might be ok, might just sneak in before birthday but 12 and it will be too late.
Initially I was also not worried about the score, but seeing a ~10point rise from 441 (Jan/Feb) - 451 has made me very nervous. What are chances of another 10 point increase in the coming ~3 months?

hc_mum

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
@hc_mum : thanks for responding. 10 weeks might be ok, might just sneak in before birthday but 12 and it will be too late.
Initially I was also not worried about the score, but seeing a ~10point rise from 441 (Jan/Feb) - 451 has made me very nervous. What are chances of another 10 point increase in the coming ~3 months?
The major reason for 10p increase was 1 draw miss by CIC in month of Feb.

Any 1 consecutive week draw will bring the score back to 440-50.

So just relax, CIC has their own target of immigration intake. You will sail thru easily with that score even after your birthday.

Reactions: ryeCatcher

hc_mum

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
@hc_mum : do you happen to know if MS degrees in 18 months (from the US) could cause any trouble with the evaluation?
Should I include my undergraduate (4 year degree from India) for evaluation too?

I posted here as well, but still awaiting responses :
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/question-about-eca-from-ces-for-us-masters.623975/
Hi,

if i understood your question correctly, you have provided only MS degree for evaluation, Right? I dont think it will be an issue, however what evaluation you get depends on the CES.

I just got done my PGDM (from India) degree alone from CES and they evaluated as 2 year Diploma, although i was expecting it to be considered as Masters but didnt get it though.

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
Yes have only provided my MS degree.
Thank you sharing your case, I am getting nervous now whether or not my degree will be evaluated as Masters or not :(

Suhanigupta

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

if i understood your question correctly, you have provided only MS degree for evaluation, Right? I dont think it will be an issue, however what evaluation you get depends on the CES.

I just got done my PGDM (from India) degree alone from CES and they evaluated as 2 year Diploma, although i was expecting it to be considered as Masters but didnt get it though.
Would u mind sharing ur MBA Institute name. I am planning to apply to CES for my PGDM but it will be beneficial only if I get a masters. I am from IMI Delhi

shendenishant

Dec 9, 2019
Hi,

Hi, Can you help me with your college? Was the program aicte, aiu approved?