+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa (TRV) Processing time 2016 India

nik1982

Jun 5, 2017
Hi nik,

Can you explain how to link your paper application to cic account.
We have appliedand it is forwrded to Bangalore and tracking is 20170516IN******* and would like to see if the process has gone through or not.

Thanks.
You can link your paper application to your MyCIC account. This will give you a better idea about your application status. Here's the link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/link.asp

hihello

Jun 10, 2015
Hi Bryanna,

I live in Canada as PR, my friend living in USA wants to visit Canada, he asked me to provide Invitation Letter for his Visitor Visa. He will Stay with me in my house for 1 week. he will take care of his financial needs.

I read some where that I can sponsor at the maximum 7 persons, so if give invitation letter to him will he be counted under my 7 member quota.
Could you please guide me on this.

Thanks for your help

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I read some where that I can sponsor at the maximum 7 persons, so if give invitation letter to him will he be counted under my 7 member quota.
Could you please guide me on this.
For visitor visas or TRVs, you are not *sponsoring* the visitors, but only *inviting* them. There is no rule that you can invite a maximum of 7 persons for TRVs

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finally managed to link my account. It shows following but no message or email. This has to be the most complicated visa application i have gone through.
"Final decision Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details."

Now i dont know when do i goto the VFS office to collect my passport as VFS tracking and helpline says my application is still under process, CIC website says as above that application approved and decision has been made, but no message stating that passport sent back to VFS.
There are some issues currently with IRCC's online services. The update on the VFS website will not change.

I suggest you wait for a couple of days, or do contact the VAC to confirm your processed passport has been returned by the visa office

Jun 8, 2017
You can link your paper application to your MyCIC account. This will give you a better idea about your application status. Here's the link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/link.asp
Hi Nik,

I am trying to link my account with the given name on passport and birthdate. I am inputting the correct data and yet it says you might have made a mistake entering the information. You can do it only 5 times in the first 24 hours. I entered twice and I am sure i DID NOT do any mistake. Did this happen to you as well?

VFS tracking shows that the passport has been dispatched today from Bangalore. Please let me know

nik1982

Jun 5, 2017
Hi Nik,

I am trying to link my account with the given name on passport and birthdate. I am inputting the correct data and yet it says you might have made a mistake entering the information. You can do it only 5 times in the first 24 hours. I entered twice and I am sure i DID NOT do any mistake. Did this happen to you as well?

VFS tracking shows that the passport has been dispatched today from Bangalore. Please let me know
happened to me plenty of times. you need to make entry exactly the way it is on passport, entry exit dates as per application and even funds available has to match.

Jun 8, 2017
Hi,

I am on my work visas in Canada until July 2019 (previously was on Study Permit) and have ongoing full time employment since a year from now. Ishould be applying for Express Entry PR in the next couple of months and I do intend to stay in Canada.
I had my family (mom, dad and sis) TRV paper application filed from India and got the TRV approval. The approval was till the exact date my Work Permit is valid until. This is their first overseas trip. Is there a way this decision can be requested to be reviewed? What are your suggestions for this? Can I request them to review it to give TRV for 10 years or keep as it is. They are planning to be here only for a month every year in summers. I am confused. Please advise..

Jatsah

Jun 15, 2017
Hi
I have just started applying for Canada Visitor visa for self and for my family online. After generating the documents list from ircc found that they have not mentioned anything about financial documents. All they have asked is past travel history for self and family.
Do I still need to include financial documents. If yes then how should I upload them.
Please help.

Reynu

Jun 15, 2017
Hi to all
My husband visitor visa applied on April 18 in Chandigarh as paper application. Still waiting but no response yet. I've checked processing time is 25 days. It's over the time given. Any suggestions! Help us

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I had my family (mom, dad and sis) TRV paper application filed from India and got the TRV approval. The approval was till the exact date my Work Permit is valid until. This is their first overseas trip. Is there a way this decision can be requested to be reviewed? What are your suggestions for this?
This is the maximum length of visa that IRCC will give in these circumstances

Can I request them to review it to give TRV for 10 years or keep as it is. They are planning to be here only for a month every year in summers. I am confused. Please advise..
You cannot request the validity of the TRV to be revised to 10 years. Actually, it is not a straight 10 years. The maximum validity of a TRV can be until one month (or one day in some cases) of the passport expiry

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi
I have just started applying for Canada Visitor visa for self and for my family online. After generating the documents list from ircc found that they have not mentioned anything about financial documents. All they have asked is past travel history for self and family.
Do I still need to include financial documents. If yes then how should I upload them.
Please help.
It's possible if you and your family have a valid US visa or have visited the US/Canada in the last 10 years.

You must, however, prove your individual and collective strong ties. You can combine all documents/evidence/explanation as a single PDF for each applicant and upload in the Optional/Letter of Explanation

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi to all
My husband visitor visa applied on April 18 in Chandigarh as paper application. Still waiting but no response yet. I've checked processing time is 25 days. It's over the time given. Any suggestions! Help us
You can:
1. Try linking the paper application to the online account (MyCIC)

2. Send a Case Specific Enquiry using the Web form on the IRCC website to request an expedited decision. Also, send an email to NDVO and CHD

Does your husband work in the defense services/police, etc? Or he has a PR application in progress?

Reactions: Reynu

cheema302

Star Member
Nov 17, 2015
Hi everyone
Applying TRV online application for my parents. Have few questions if someone can please answer.
- Do all the forms (IMM5645, IMM5257) need to be signed. As its mentioned that digital signature will be required later.
- What exactly is digital signature.
- In IMM5257, Do I have to print the form and write names in my native language? If so, Can my parents sign it as well.

Jun 8, 2017
This is the maximum length of visa that IRCC will give in these circumstances

You cannot request the validity of the TRV to be revised to 10 years. Actually, it is not a straight 10 years. The maximum validity of a TRV can be until one month (or one day in some cases) of the passport expiry

Thank you. I have seen some of my friend's parents getting 10 years multiple entry visas when they invited them for graduation. Is inviting on a graduation different from inviting to visit? They still had the same situation as my family, first time visits overseas and almost same application.

Reynu

Jun 15, 2017
You can:
1. Try linking the paper application to the online account (MyCIC)

2. Send a Case Specific Enquiry using the Web form on the IRCC website to request an expedited decision. Also, send an email to NDVO and CHD

Does your husband work in the defense services/police, etc? Or he has a PR application in progress?
Thanks Bryanna for ur reply.
No he does not work in defense services etc. We also applied his SOWP on April 5 and waiting for results. Please send me email address for NDVO and CHD.