+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa (TRV) Processing time 2016 India

visa123

May 2, 2017
Yours is an online application. So it's a guessing-game as to which visa office in the world is processing your application. Your wife was lucky (maybe her app was processed by a visa office dealing with fewer applications).

Hopefully you will get a reply to your emails in 1-2 days (the ones you wrote to NDVO and Bangalore). They might even let you know where your application is being processed. And, from what I've seen, things start to speed up after getting these replies
Oh. so its not necessary that online application goes to the country of application? I didn't know that.
Yea , hope I get a reply for the emails before this weekend. Anyway, will keep posted of the developments..
Thanks

visa123

May 2, 2017
Yours is an online application. So it's a guessing-game as to which visa office in the world is processing your application. Your wife was lucky (maybe her app was processed by a visa office dealing with fewer applications).

Hopefully you will get a reply to your emails in 1-2 days (the ones you wrote to NDVO and Bangalore). They might even let you know where your application is being processed. And, from what I've seen, things start to speed up after getting these replies
So received a reply today from delhi office.

"This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.
As you applied online, all correspondence regarding your application is sent to your online account. Our records indicate that correspondence was sent to your online account on April 29, 2017."

But there has been no messages since Apr 2 (submission confirmation). I have replied saying that I didn't receive any correspondence.
Is there any possibility for a technical glitch in the system ?? Probably they sent something and I didn't receive it in my account?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
So received a reply today from delhi office.

"This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.
As you applied online, all correspondence regarding your application is sent to your online account. Our records indicate that correspondence was sent to your online account on April 29, 2017."

But there has been no messages since Apr 2 (submission confirmation). I have replied saying that I didn't receive any correspondence.
Is there any possibility for a technical glitch in the system ?? Probably they sent something and I didn't receive it in my account?
Did you get a ghost email? That means an alert that you have update but there's nothing in the MyCIC account

naniRaj

May 31, 2017
Greetings of the day!

Hi, i have applied for TRV (Business) visa on May 2nd in Hyderabad. Applied for Expo which was scheduled on (May 16th to 18th). But i did not get any update till date...Do any one one know about this type of issues? And in November 2016 i was refused because of financial status....

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Greetings of the day!

Hi, i have applied for TRV (Business) visa on May 2nd in Hyderabad. Applied for Expo which was scheduled on (May 16th to 18th). But i did not get any update till date...Do any one one know about this type of issues? And in November 2016 i was refused because of financial status....
In hindsight, you should have applied in March or early April. You had applied way too late for this event. Anyways.

The visa officer will not consider the dates of an event when processing an application.

You'll have to wait until you get a decision

Reactions: naniRaj

naniRaj

May 31, 2017
In hindsight, you should have applied in March or early April. You had applied way too late for this event. Anyways.

The visa officer will not consider the dates of an event when processing an application.

You'll have to wait until you get a decision
Thank you so much "Bryanna" . Your reply make me tension free

visa123

May 2, 2017
Did you get a ghost email? That means an alert that you have update but there's nothing in the MyCIC account
Yes , it did happen, I received an email saying your status has been updated. But when I checked in mycic, there were no update in status.

hihello

Jun 10, 2015
Hi Bryanna,

I have applied for my father-in-law and Mother-In-Law visitor visa on January 22 2017 through ONLINE.
My mother in Law Passport Request came on Feb17, we sent her passport and she got visa.
For My father In law there was no update on his case, so I applied for Case Specific Enquiry on May27,
and we received mail with an attachment which shows his passport request was sent on Feb 17, but we didnt received it in online account.

My doubt is if we send the passport to them will they give visa or not because we had already exceeded 30 days,
Could you please suggest us what can we do now to get Visa Stamping.

Thank you for your help

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna,

I have applied for my father-in-law and Mother-In-Law visitor visa on January 22 2017 through ONLINE.
My mother in Law Passport Request came on Feb17, we sent her passport and she got visa.
For My father In law there was no update on his case, so I applied for Case Specific Enquiry on May27,
and we received mail with an attachment which shows his passport request was sent on Feb 17, but we didnt received it in online account.

My doubt is if we send the passport to them will they give visa or not because we had already exceeded 30 days,
Could you please suggest us what can we do now to get Visa Stamping.

Thank you for your help
Normally, the visa office will not accept passports that are submitted after 30 days.

What does the 'Final decision' update say for his application?

hihello

Jun 10, 2015
Normally, the visa office will not accept passports that are submitted after 30 days.

What does the 'Final decision' update say for his application?
Thanks Bryanna for your reply,
please find below the status currently showing in his application. it was the same form the day we applied.

Application status : We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Final decision : Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Apr 30, 2017
I work with a reputable organization with over seven years experience and am being paid a good salary and I have a substantial amount of money in my account coupled other movable assets. Am married with kids. I am planning to process a visitor's visa to attend a comference in July but I am sceptical to apply since I don't have travel history in other word, since I graduated from university in 2008 I didn't have the time to travel out of my home country. Can only the travel history be the only determinant to get my visa approved or denied. Thanksas I awaits your response.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks Bryanna for your reply,
please find below the status currently showing in his application. it was the same form the day we applied.

Application status : We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Final decision : Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
That's great. I think there's some chance.

If a passport isn't submitted within 30 days, the status would've changed to 'Closed/refused'.

Do send an email + a CSE to the relevant visa office:
1. Acknowledge receiving the passport request now

2. Explain the passport request does not appear in the MyCIC account (include a screenshot)

3. Request confirmation to allow you to submit the passport now

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I work with a reputable organization with over seven years experience and am being paid a good salary and I have a substantial amount of money in my account coupled other movable assets. Am married with kids. I am planning to process a visitor's visa to attend a comference in July but I am sceptical to apply since I don't have travel history in other word, since I graduated from university in 2008 I didn't have the time to travel out of my home country. Can only the travel history be the only determinant to get my visa approved or denied. Thanksas I awaits your response.
No, lack of travel history is not a ground to refuse an applicant. Everyone has to start traveling abroad at some point in time.

You need to post the list of documents you intend to submit. We can then advise

hihello

Jun 10, 2015
That's great. I think there's some chance.

If a passport isn't submitted within 30 days, the status would've changed to 'Closed/refused'.

Do send an email + a CSE to the relevant visa office:
1. Acknowledge receiving the passport request now

2. Explain the passport request does not appear in the MyCIC account (include a screenshot)

3. Request confirmation to allow you to submit the passport now
Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestion Bryanna