+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa (TRV) Processing time 2016 India

AKV

Oct 15, 2013
Hi All

I applied online on 17th April no update yet, online shows time as 21 days, is that 21 working days or total? its not mentioned on their site? any help please ?

SC89

Aug 24, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
VISA ISSUED...
I
karenr said:
Question, Did you apply for your mom online in Canada as an application within Canada OR online application outside Canada. My boyfriends application is online outside Canada and we are still waiting from April 6th. Thanks~
I don't know. I applied through representative. and he said he is doing online application. I'm inviting my mom for my pregnancy. So I don't know if that made any difference in getting passport request with 1 week of applying. I hope I answered your question.

manstar85

Apr 26, 2017
Bryanna said:
That can result in misrepresentation and a 5-years ban. It's necessary to declare the spouse/etc in the Family Information form
Oh.. I did not mean it like that, she would have of course shown that she is married but just that we would have not attached my pay stubs and offer letter from Canada to the application , do you think that would have helped ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
AKV said:
I applied online on 17th April no update yet, online shows time as 21 days, is that 21 working days or total? its not mentioned on their site? any help please ?
1. The processing times stated on the IRCC website are only estimates/not fixed time for processing visas.

2. IRCC website refers to calendar days (not business days).

3. Processing time is estimated from the day IRCC receives a complete visa application.

4. One must factor in up to 10 days for passport transmission to/from a VFS (for paper applications and/or passport submission)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
manstar85 said:
Oh.. I did not mean it like that, she would have of course shown that she is married but just that we would have not attached my pay stubs and offer letter from Canada to the application , do you think that would have helped ?
No, it may have backfired if later you decide to apply for PRs for yourself and your wife.... as it could incorrectly indicate that you/your wife are not in a genuine relationship.

Typically, it is expected that if an applicant is visiting Canada (even on a TRV), s/he would meet her/his Canada-resident spouse + the Canada-resident spouse would take care of accommodation/travel and living expenses. Hence, the pay stubs, bank statement would help.

An exception would be if the Canada-resident spouse is working in a third country at the time the applicant intends to visit

manstar85

Apr 26, 2017
Bryanna said:
No, it may have backfired if later you decide to apply for PRs for yourself and your wife.... as it could incorrectly indicate that you/your wife are not in a genuine relationship.

Typically, it is expected that if an applicant is visiting Canada (even on a TRV), s/he would meet her/his Canada-resident spouse + the Canada-resident spouse would take care of accommodation/travel and living expenses. Hence, the pay stubs, bank statement would help.

An exception would be if the Canada-resident spouse is working in a third country at the time the applicant intends to visit
I must admit that your thoughts are very discerning.. and all the help that you are providing to all of us is much appreciated. Thanks a lot!!

Saurabh_Trivedi

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I am a PR of canada. My brother had applied for my parents visitor visa from back home india, which was paper based file.

I have provided all documents from my side and they also provide all docs from their side. Their file already submitted by VFS on 28th April-2017 and my father got confirm message about receiving file on 29th April-2017.

Does anyone know what is the processing time for visitor visa ??? they already visited me once in the year 2013 and it was single entry stamp. Does this also help them to get visitor visa this time for 10 years stamp???

I read on this thread that some people talk that if u r PR its hard for parents to get Visitor Visa, is that so ???

Please let me know if anyone has any idea????

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello Everyone,
Does anyone know what is the processing time for visitor visa ???
The estimated processing time currently is 22 days. Actual processing time will be different.

They could have applied under the CAN+ program for faster processing.

they already visited me once in the year 2013 and it was single entry stamp. Does this also help them to get visitor visa this time for 10 years stamp???
No. The TRV validity will depend on the assessment made by the visa officer.

I read on this thread that some people talk that if u r PR its hard for parents to get Visitor Visa, is that so ???
Not true. Again, it depends on the applicant's ties to his/her home country

AKV

Oct 15, 2013
The estimated processing time currently is 22 days. Actual processing time will be different.

They could have applied under the CAN+ program for faster processing.

No. The TRV validity will depend on the assessment made by the visa officer.

Not true. Again, it depends on the applicant's ties to his/her home country

Hi Bryanna: what is CAN+ program, and who can apply?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna: what is CAN+ program, and who can apply?
CAN+ allows for faster visa processing + submit fewer financial documents.

Applicants who had visited the US/Canada in the last 10 years or have a valid US visa can apply until CAN+

visa123

May 2, 2017
We don't know the internal dynamics of visa processing. For example, is your dad's application is being reviewed by the same visa officer or if any additional checks are being done.

If processing was strictly on a FIFO basis, then recent applicants would be waiting until all previous applications were decided

I'm sure your dad will get a passport request soon
Just an update --
I got my mom's passport back with 2 yrs visa. Got ppr may 2 for my mom, still waiting for a decision for my dad..

Thanks

AKV

Oct 15, 2013
CAN+ allows for faster visa processing + submit fewer financial documents.

Applicants who had visited the US/Canada in the last 10 years or have a valid US visa can apply until CAN+
Hi Bryanna, I called VFS office to get some details who to apply under that but they are telling forms, fees and processing time all are same. Any idea how to apply under that category. Thank you for your help

Simar71011

Mar 21, 2017
hi
I am in Canada on work permit and applied for TRV online for wife on 2 April 2017, there is no update yet.
Anybody know why it is taking so long, average processing time already passed.

neelti

May 4, 2017
hi
I am in Canada on work permit and applied for TRV online for wife on 2 April 2017, there is no update yet.
Anybody know why it is taking so long, average processing time already passed.
I applied for TRV online for wife on 29th march. Still waiting :(

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna, I called VFS office to get some details who to apply under that but they are telling forms, fees and processing time all are same. Any idea how to apply under that category. Thank you for your help
Hi,

As you have already applied, you cannot request for CAN+ at this stage.

Yes, the TRV application forms, fees, etc is the same for CAN+. An applicant must provide evidence of having visited Canada/US in the last 10 years and/or hold a valid US B1/B2 visa.... with the application

Last edited: