+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa (TRV) Processing time 2016 India

DipT

Jun 5, 2014
DipT said:
Hello Everyone,

I applied online for my in-laws visitor visa on March-27. I received confirmation messages after submission of my application but no further updates after that.
By going to thru few other post on this forum, it seems like its taking longer than expected timeline and many other applicants are waiting on their application approval.

Does anyone who applied in last two week of March received approval on their application?

What is the mode of contact to IRCC to request for expedite processing for online applications?

My in-laws are travelling to USA in first week of May. Considering very close timelines i would like know on below scenarios.
  • Scenario-I: If the visa approval come just 4-5 days prior to their USA travel, is it feasible to visit Canadian embassy in Delhi directly to get same day stamping? My in-laws are living in Ahmedabad and submitting their passport to Ahmedabad VFS office may take longer to process as I understand they send all the passport to Delhi embassy for stamping.
  • Scenario-II: In case their visa approval come after their USA travel, can they visit LA embassy and get same day visa processing? They already planned to visit LA during their stay in USA.

Thanks,

Still waiting on decision for my in-laws visitor visa application submitted online on 27th-March.

My Uncle-Aunt submitted their tourist visa application to Ahmedabad-VFS office one week (on 3rd-April) later with help of agent. And they received their passport with Visa stamped yesterday (25th-April).

Not sure but it looks like those who submitted online application recently are suffering a lot! :(

Karthikaa

Apr 22, 2017
Nithya Gandhi said:
We can wait for the decision nothin else cn be done.
I need my parents during this phase but this delay is irritating

Good luck
Do update ur status
Sure nithya.. I will post if there is any update..
U too let us know if there are any updates..
Hope we will receive passport request soon..
Good luck

hardipsinh

Apr 26, 2017
Hi,

My cousin and his wife submitted their visitor visa application to VFS Bangalore on 30th March. They got confirmation email next day and there is no update after that.
I have few questions:

1. I have linked their application to my cic account just so that i can get update. will there be any issue linking their application to my account?
2. They have submitted their paper application on 30th march. I linked their application to my cic account 5th April. When I log into my cic account it shows submitted date as
"5th April'. why?

Thank you

Apr 6, 2017
Applied for TRV for my spouse on Feb 16, 2017 online.

Confirmation received on Feb 17, 2017.

It has been 68 days now and the application is still in-progress.

I submitted an enquiry through the webform on IRCC and received a generic reply 35 days later that there are no updates and thank you for your patience.

My spouse has a visitor visa for USA so I am planning to have my spouse come to USA for a couple of days over the May long weekend so that I can meet her there.

I am looking for any suggestions re what I can do about the TRV application. At this point the application is way beyond the estimated time, I have been given no reason why the processing is taking this long and I don't think submitting another enquiry would result in anything other than the same generic email I received for the last enquiry I submitted. Should I just withdraw the application and reapply.

I know that the Government departments are underfunded and understaffed but I never knew getting a visitor visa could be this long of a process. At this rate I can only imagine how long it might take for CIC to process my spouse's PR application :-[

dr_jaat

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
Doc's Request.
Upfront
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2016
LANDED..........
05-06-2016
FRUSTRATED.ADI said:
Applied for TRV for my spouse on Feb 16, 2017 online.

Confirmation received on Feb 17, 2017.

It has been 68 days now and the application is still in-progress.

I submitted an enquiry through the webform on IRCC and received a generic reply 35 days later that there are no updates and thank you for your patience.

My spouse has a visitor visa for USA so I am planning to have my spouse come to USA for a couple of days over the May long weekend so that I can meet her there.

I am looking for any suggestions re what I can do about the TRV application. At this point the application is way beyond the estimated time, I have been given no reason why the processing is taking this long and I don't think submitting another enquiry would result in anything other than the same generic email I received for the last enquiry I submitted. Should I just withdraw the application and reapply.

I know that the Government departments are underfunded and understaffed but I never knew getting a visitor visa could be this long of a process. At this rate I can only imagine how long it might take for CIC to process my spouse's PR application :-[
Sorry buddy, it's a sad and painful situation. unfortunately there is nothing we could do about it. Not sure if more CSE would do anything better.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
FRUSTRATED.ADI said:
Another CSE will not help.

I suggest you do NOT withdraw the application/reapply. Her application would be at the end of the processing queue if you do. It's best to continue with the current application

Apr 6, 2017
Thanks guys.

I will take your suggestion and not reapply.

I guess I just have to wait and see what happens.

Have you seen application for visitor visa take this long or my spouse's application a special case?

We received the AOR2 for my spouse's PR application on March 24, 2017 and the application is in process in New Delhi. Schedule A and Police check were already submitted in early Feb.

Hopefully I hear the good news regarding the TRV soon.

At least I get to see my wife over the May long weekend in US. ;D ;D ;D ;D
Got married in November last year and could only stay with her for 14 days after the wedding as I had to get back to work.

Nithya Gandhi

Star Member
Aug 22, 2016
FRUSTRATED.ADI said:
Thanks guys.

I will take your suggestion and not reapply.

I guess I just have to wait and see what happens.

Have you seen application for visitor visa take this long or my spouse's application a special case?

We received the AOR2 for my spouse's PR application on March 24, 2017 and the application is in process in New Delhi. Schedule A and Police check were already submitted in early Feb.

Hopefully I hear the good news regarding the TRV soon.

At least I get to see my wife over the May long weekend in US. ;D ;D ;D ;D
Got married in November last year and could only stay with her for 14 days after the wedding as I had to get back to work.

I had the same situation before approval for PR

We had to wait for 2 years to see each other.
Got married in 2014 and he had to leave me after 1 month and then we saw in person in 2016...

It was a long wait.

Now, waiting TRV for parents almost 1 and 1/2 month since we applied

Quina

Jan 4, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
Doc's Request.
IND/UK/USA PCC request on 11.08.2015
Nomination.....
PER recd 01-03-15
AOR Received.
09-04-15
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
No idea, but SLU 23-05-15
Med's Request
16-05-16
Med's Done....
25-05-16
Interview........
Waived, TLU 04-06-16
Passport Req..
WARSAW Knows
VISA ISSUED...
NDVO knows
LANDED..........
GOD knows
DipT said:
Still waiting on decision for my in-laws visitor visa application submitted online on 27th-March.

My Uncle-Aunt submitted their tourist visa application to Ahmedabad-VFS office one week (on 3rd-April) later with help of agent. And they received their passport with Visa stamped yesterday (25th-April).

Not sure but it looks like those who submitted online application recently are suffering a lot! :(
You should be getting it soon, I applied for my mother online too.
And on 27th March..same timeline as yours. If your last email was a ghost mail. Then u are sure to get it anytime now.

Cheers and Goodluck!

@Visitor

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Quina said:
You should be getting it soon, I applied for my mother online too.
And on 27th March..same timeline as yours. If your last email was a ghost mail. Then u are sure to get it anytime now.

Cheers and Goodluck!
Can you please share what time you received email and was it ND (India) office?

manstar85

Apr 26, 2017
Hello Fellow Members,

I am in Canada on a work permit which expires in October 2018 and have applied for a TRV for my wife on 7th April.
The TRV was applied on my behalf by my employer's lawyers and as such I am unable check the status online.

As the application was made through the help of lawyers the documentation was elaborate including my wife's bank statements, leave approval from her employer, my offer letter and proof of supporting funds.

I have been able to check the status through IRCC's automated voice system and it says that "the documents have been received".

My questions are:

1. what stages does the TRV application go through ? if it says that the documents have been received then typically how long will the IRCC take to make a decision on the application. ?

2. Has anyone else applied around that date and received a final decision yet ?

Many Thanks

Quina

Jan 4, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
Doc's Request.
IND/UK/USA PCC request on 11.08.2015
Nomination.....
PER recd 01-03-15
AOR Received.
09-04-15
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
No idea, but SLU 23-05-15
Med's Request
16-05-16
Med's Done....
25-05-16
Interview........
Waived, TLU 04-06-16
Passport Req..
WARSAW Knows
VISA ISSUED...
NDVO knows
LANDED..........
GOD knows
@Visitor said:
Can you please share what time you received email and was it ND (India) office?
Hi I received a mail on 25th April about a message on mycic. Then on logging in I saw the message to submit passport.

Hope it helps :)

hardeek07

Apr 27, 2017
DipT said:

DipT said:

Would you please give me agent contact detail
hardeek7@gmail.com