+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa (TRV) Processing time 2016 India

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
panc0021 said:
Hi Senior,

Toady strange thing i noticed on my mom's passport. she is Indian Passport holder and at last page above address. it says emigration check required. she will traveling to Canada Feb 8th. please share the experience about this. is there anything she has to do for that stamp. let me know asap.
Your mom has an ECR passport (Emigration Check Required). As she is not going to any of the 17 ECR countries (certain Gulf and African countries).... to take up employment, she will not have any issues if she travels to Canada.

Even if she has flights on a GCC airline + she is in transit in a Gulf country, the ECR restriction will not apply

panc0021

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Bryanna said:
Your mom has an ECR passport (Emigration Check Required). As she is not going to any of the 17 ECR countries (certain Gulf and African countries).... to take up employment, she will not have any issues if she travels to Canada.

Even if she has flights on a GCC airline + she is in transit in a Gulf country, the ECR restriction will not apply
thank you bryanna for clarification. your are awesome.

Thanks

kir1217

Jan 7, 2017
hi all
TODAY
i received an email from cic that i got a message. in the message a pdf attachment says that

"This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We
require your passport to finalize processing your application.
Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure
to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your
passport."

But my status shows 'open' in final decision also doesnt change....

hav they aprroved my TRV visa?????

someone plz tell me

mainhost

Jan 24, 2017
I applied for my parents Visa online. Today we got passport request. How do you submit passport. On VFS website there is option only for in person passport submission. Is there anyway we can mail passport?

Thanks

Raj2014

Sep 13, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
12-12-2014
AOR Received.
04-05-2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
May 9 2014
Med's Done....
May 23 2014 / IP Sep 2 2015 / DM Sep 18 2015
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
Oct 10 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 11 2015
LANDED..........
Dec 15 2015 / Already in Canada Since 2010 as Student & Worker ...Now PR
mainhost said:
I applied for my parents Visa online. Today we got passport request. How do you submit passport. On VFS website there is option only for in person passport submission. Is there anyway we can mail passport?

Thanks
Share timeline first

mainhost

Jan 24, 2017
kir1217 said:
hi all
TODAY
i received an email from cic that i got a message. in the message a pdf attachment says that

"This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We
require your passport to finalize processing your application.
Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure
to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your
passport."

But my status shows 'open' in final decision also doesnt change....

hav they aprroved my TRV visa?????

someone plz tell me
If you get rejection they do not usually stamp on the passport. Therefore CIC requesting passport usually means they have approved your visa.

SHIRIN.BMW

Jan 22, 2017
Hi,
Applied for a tourist visa on 20th Jan Friday and got a message to submit my passport today i.e 25th to submit my Passport.
I had a previous travel history to USA.

I am travelling to USA on 12th Feb midnight. So. my question is if i hand over my passport to VAC will it be returned by my travel time?
What is the general time taken. I will be submitting it in Hyderabad VAC.

mtina

Star Member
Apr 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 feb 2016
AOR Received.
17 FEB 2016
File Transfer...
03-05-2016
Med's Done....
MEDICAL PASSED
Passport Req..
01-09-2016
Need an urgent help!

I got an additional document request on MyCIC for my parents Visiting visa. But There is no upload button in my document submitted page. Everything shows provided.

Pls help Bryanna & Others

lapen

Jan 5, 2017
I applied to my super-visa for my parents online. Today I received passport request only for my mom with updated status of medical "passed" but didn't get a passport request for my dad (principal applicant). Do you know what could be an issue?

Thanks...

- Lapen

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
SHIRIN.BMW said:
Hi,
Applied for a tourist visa on 20th Jan Friday and got a message to submit my passport today i.e 25th to submit my Passport.
I had a previous travel history to USA.

I am travelling to USA on 12th Feb midnight. So. my question is if i hand over my passport to VAC will it be returned by my travel time?
What is the general time taken. I will be submitting it in Hyderabad VAC.
If you submit your passport to VAC Hyderabad, the visa will be stamped by the Bangalore consulate. This normally takes about 7-8 days.

Do ensure that you submit your passport by this Friday. You can include a copy of your plane tickets and request for expedited visa stamping

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
mtina said:
Need an urgent help!

I got an additional document request on MyCIC for my parents Visiting visa. But There is no upload button in my document submitted page. Everything shows provided.

Pls help Bryanna & Others
You can upload it using a Case Specific Enquiry (CSE) to the relevant visa office

SHIRIN.BMW

Jan 22, 2017
Bryanna said:
If you submit your passport to VAC Hyderabad, the visa will be stamped by the Bangalore consulate. This normally takes about 7-8 days.

Do ensure that you submit your passport by this Friday. You can include a copy of your plane tickets and request for expedited visa stamping
Thanks Bryanna.
Submitted my passport today. I did ask them about expediting my passport but they said nothing like that can be done. Can I make call and request the same?
People at VAC told me that it is taking 5 working days.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
SHIRIN.BMW said:
Thanks Bryanna.
Submitted my passport today. I did ask them about expediting my passport but they said nothing like that can be done. Can I make call and request the same?
People at VAC told me that it is taking 5 working days.
You should have included a letter to request the visa office along with your passport. Yes, people have requested for expedited visa stamping. Anyways

No, you cannot call the visa office. All going well, you should get your passport back through Blue Dart couriers (if you opted to have it couriered) by Friday/Saturday of next week

mainhost

Jan 24, 2017
Raj2014 said:
Share timeline first
My parents submitted the passports at VFS Delhi.
Here is my timeline:
1. Applied Online: Dec 26, 2016
2. Received two messages (one for each parent) for "Confirmation of Online Application Transmission": Dec 26, 2016
3. Received two messages for "Submission Confirmation": Dec 26, 2016
4. Received two messages for "Original Passport Request": Jan 24, 2017
5. Passport submitted personally: Jan 27, 2017

All the above messages were in my CIC account.

I also received two emails on Dec 27, 2016 stating "Your application has been updated", but no update was visible on my CIC account.
I contacted VFS office by phone and email and they informed me "VFS does not accept passport/application through mail or courier."

Cost of application: $200 for two applicaitons ($100 each)
VFS Fee: Rs 2016 for both (Includes service, courier and SMS charges)

natrajs35

Star Member
Jan 26, 2014
Hi Guys,

I am planning to apply visitor visa for my father and I am living in Canada. While filling the eligibility questions I got the question like do you father has job or business and when I selected business, there is one form added to the checklist asking to provide proof of business registration on the applicants name but I dont have one. Did you anyone come across this situation. Please help. Thanks...