+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa (TRV) Processing time 2016 India

ArunOnline

Sep 28, 2016
I'm glad this topic exists. I recently applied for a Canada visitor visa and I am in a spot of bother now. My timeline is as follows:

September 9: submitted online application
September 27: received letter requesting for passport

I am going to submit the passport at Bangalore VFS tomorrow (September 29) as there is no Canada VFS in Kerala. I have a travel on October 14 to the US for which I will need the passport in my hand by October 13th. So that's exactly 2 weeks gap after submitting passport at VFS Bangalore. Do you think it will be a risk as I'm seeing more than 2 weeks timeline from others replies in this topic.

I have another question as well. I noticed one member saying that the processing was done in Bangalore. Does that mean the stamping is done not only in New Delhi High Commission but have other locations like Bangalore also for the visa stamping?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@ArunOnline

You'll get your passport back in 5-7 days. You can opt to collect your processed passport back from the VFS instead of couriering it to Kerala.

You can send an email to the Bangalore visa office (include your US flight tickets) and request them to return your passport soon.

I noticed one member saying that the processing was done in Bangalore. Does that mean the stamping is done not only in New Delhi High Commission but have other locations like Bangalore also for the visa stamping?
TRV applications and visa stamping are NOT done by the NDVO for TRV applications from south India states, Maharashtra and Gujarat. These apps are processed by the Bangalore consulate

ArunOnline

Sep 28, 2016
Bryanna said:
@ ArunOnline

You'll get your passport back in 5-7 days. You can opt to collect your processed passport back from the VFS instead of couriering it to Kerala.

You can send an email to the Bangalore visa office (include your US flight tickets) and request them to return your passport soon.

TRV applications and visa stamping are NOT done by the NDVO for TRV applications from south India states, Maharashtra and Gujarat. These apps are processed by the Bangalore consulate
Thanks a lot for this information!

ArunOnline

Sep 28, 2016
Submitted the passport today at Bangalore VFS. Paid for the SMS notification as well. Does anyone know from when will the SMS notifications start coming? yet to get any passport received confirmation SMS.

kingcobra

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 April 2012
AOR Received.
AOR was not sent
File Transfer...
26 July 2012
Med's Done....
22 March 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
9 August 2012
VISA ISSUED...
10 September 2012
LANDED..........
23 October 2012 & PR card received on 17 December 2012
Pleasant surprise today!!

I had applied for TRV for both my in-laws on 22 August (paper application) in Bengaluru. I had linked my paper application to my online account and today, the online status says "This application has been approved" for both!! According to VFS tracking tool, the passport is ready for collection at the VFS office as of 29/09/2016 (we didn't want to use courier).

So I guess this means their visa is stamped. I hope there are no more surprises and they are given multiple entry visas till their passport expires. Will update everyone in a day when they collect their passports from the VFS office in Bengaluru tomorrow.

Prabh2132

Dec 24, 2013
Hi all,

Me and my wife are currently residing in canada as PR since last year. I want to apply for my parents visitor visa so that they can visit us on our baby's birth in jan 2017. Can you guys advice me the best way to proceed with this.

Thanks.

SweetyAjoy

Jul 26, 2016
Applied TRV : 23rd Aug @ BLR VFS
Application still in process

So depressing to see the status same since applied :( Upsetting

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
SweetyAjoy said:
Applied TRV : 23rd Aug @ BLR VFS
Application still in process

So depressing to see the status same since applied :( Upsetting
Try linking your paper application to your online account for actual updates

kingcobra

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 April 2012
AOR Received.
AOR was not sent
File Transfer...
26 July 2012
Med's Done....
22 March 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
9 August 2012
VISA ISSUED...
10 September 2012
LANDED..........
23 October 2012 & PR card received on 17 December 2012
Both my in-laws got multiple entry visa till the expiry of their passports! Here's my timeline:

In person paper application - 22 August 2016 (Bengaluru)
Recd. emails the same day about the receipt of our applications. Sometime in September I linked the two applications to my online account.
Status change to approval - 29 September 2016
Passports ready for pick up from VFS tracking tool - 29 September 2016

So, 38 days since the time of my application to the time we received the passports.

RoseCanada

Mar 30, 2016
kingcobra said:
Both my in-laws got multiple entry visa till the expiry of their passports! Here's my timeline:

In person paper application - 22 August 2016 (Bengaluru)
Recd. emails the same day about the receipt of our applications. Sometime in September I linked the two applications to my online account.
Status change to approval - 29 September 2016
Passports ready for pick up from VFS tracking tool - 29 September 2016

So, 38 days since the time of my application to the time we received the passports.
Congratulations

ArunOnline

Sep 28, 2016
Have to say that the VFS in Bangalore and Visa Office in Bangalore were very quick to process my passport. This was the timeline for the passport processing:

September 29th 3 PM: Submitted Passport at VFS Bangalore
September 29th 7 PM: Got email that passport was received at VFS and it has been forwarded to the Visa Office
September 30th 10 AM: Got email that passport is under processing
September 30th 6 PM: Got email saying that the processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office and to track using the courier website!

I'm guessing that the VFS tracking number or passport number will show up the tracking details (under reference no.) at BlueDart but it isn't showing up yet. I think it will show up tomorrow only on BlueDart website as they update overnight usually.

SANDALWOOD

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
india
Category........
Visa Office......
COLOMBO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
---
Applied online for my mother visitor visa.

Applied on September 8

Passport request - September 22

Application approve - September 30

Anyone coming from Baroda or Ahmedabad to Toronto next month. I need someone who can accompany my mother and guide her.

sandy99980

Sep 26, 2016
Gujarat india
Visa Office......
Banglore
App. Filed.......
17-10-2016
SANDALWOOD said:
Applied online for my mother visitor visa.

Applied on September 8

Passport request - September 22

Application approve - September 30

Anyone coming from Baroda or Ahmedabad to Toronto next month. I need someone who can accompany my mother and guide her.

hello sandalwood my application is pending and we are from BHARUCH , My ticket is of november so once it will approve i can help your mother to accompany us

Thank you

ArunOnline

Sep 28, 2016
Got my passport with the stamped visitor visa today. Here is my final timeline:

September 9: Applied online
September 27: Received letter with passport request
September 29: Submitted passport at VFS Bangalore
September 30: Processed and passport couriered confirmation from Bangalore Visa Office
October 1: Received passport via BlueDart courier

So I received the passport in hand on the 2nd day after submitting it at VFS! Visa validity was for 1 day before my passport expiry date, so it was for around 8 years (multiple entry).

SANDALWOOD

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
india
Category........
Visa Office......
COLOMBO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
---
sandy99980 said:
hello sandalwood my application is pending and we are from BHARUCH , My ticket is of november so once it will approve i can help your mother to accompany us

Thank you
hi sandy,

kindly share your travel and flight details so that i can search for ticket booking.