+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa got rejected!!!!

VelaniD

Aug 16, 2018
Hello,

I am here on student visa and I am studying in Brock Univeristy, Ontario. My husband had applied for visitors visa but it got rejected and the reason given was:-
1. Family ties
2. Purpose of Visit

His sister and her family stays here and they are citizen of this country. My entire family has been to Canada on tourist visa and has good travel history.

My husband has his own business in Mumbai and he does not intend to stay here for long and he has to go back but how do we prove it to the embassy. On business visa he has traveled to Ireland and UK too.

He had booked his tickets in advance and all the business details were shared.

We are planning to file the visitors visa again. Any guidance from you all.

Regards,
Dimple

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am here on student visa and I am studying in Brock Univeristy, Ontario. My husband had applied for visitors visa but it got rejected and the reason given was:-
1. Family ties
2. Purpose of Visit

His sister and her family stays here and they are citizen of this country. My entire family has been to Canada on tourist visa and has good travel history.
With your husband's family in Canada, it is not surprising that he was refused.

Also, refusals are common for spouses of study permit holders unless the visiting spouses have exceptionally strong ties and don't intend to apply for SOWPs when they are in Canada.

My husband has his own business in Mumbai
What documents did he submit especially for his business + does he own property or lease one, including residential and/or office premises + does he live with dependent family members (parents, children, unmarried siblings) + his financial situation?

On business visa he has traveled to Ireland and UK too.
When did he visit the UK and for how long?
What was the purpose of that visit?
Does he have business/clients in the UK and Ireland?

I would not count Ireland as Travel History because Indian passport holders are eligible for an Irish visit visa by virtue of having a valid UK visa.

He had booked his tickets in advance and all the business details were shared.
It's never a good idea to book tickets in advance before visas are issued

VelaniD

Aug 16, 2018
With your husband's family in Canada, it is not surprising that he was refused.

Also, refusals are common for spouses of study permit holders unless the visiting spouses have exceptionally strong ties and don't intend to apply for SOWPs when they are in Canada.

He has his own business so at present he is not looking for SOWP.

What documents did he submit especially for his business + does he own property or lease one, including residential and/or office premises + does he live with dependent family members (parents, children, unmarried siblings) + his financial situation?

Being a partnership firm he submitted Article of Association, Memorandum of Association and GST registration certificate. We have a lease under our name (residential), so can I use this document.

Financial position is also sound but we are confused with the funds that has to be shown. Is there any minimum requirement or if we show more funds and investment will it create any problem. For the initial visa that he filed he showed 6000 CAD so is this amount sufficient? Can we show my savings and investments too???

When did he visit the UK and for how long?
What was the purpose of that visit?
Does he have business/clients in the UK and Ireland?

He visited Ireland in OCTOBER 2017, and purpose of Visit was for BUSINESS. He has his business in the field of education, he is a career counselor and IRELAND ENTERPRISE invited him to explore the country and to visit various universities. Duration for the visit was for 15 days. He has business clients in Ireland. Also, for OCTOBER 2018 he got the invitation from the various universities to visit them and strengthen the business ties and in October end he intends to go to IRELAND.

I would not count Ireland as Travel History because Indian passport holders are eligible for an Irish visit visa by virtue of having a valid UK visa.

What additional documents can we show to convince the embassy for the purpose of visit.

We are thinking to write a Statement of Purpose to inform them about the purpose of visit and the main reason for the visit. Will Statement of Purpose convince them?

We will also share the financial statement of the firm so that they can get the idea about the same and might be convinced.

It's never a good idea to book tickets in advance before visas are issued

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@VelaniD

He has his own business so at present he is not looking for SOWP.
From a visa perspective, it would seem like he is moving to Canada with you to enhance his own career. His business is in education and career counselling and Canada is a premium/much sought after destination for this purpose.

It would be a hard sell to convince the visa officer that your husband will be a genuine, short-term visitor who will not apply for a SOWP later.

Being a partnership firm he submitted Article of Association, Memorandum of Association and GST registration certificate.
Again as a partnership company, his business partners can manage his responsibilities when he is away. Does he have unique, well-defined work responsibilities that no one else can do? If so, can he prove this?

We have a lease under our name (residential), so can I use this document.
Yes, he can include this + 2-3 rent receipts + bank statement to prove rent has been paid.

Financial position is also sound but we are confused with the funds that has to be shown. Is there any minimum requirement or if we show more funds and investment will it create any problem. For the initial visa that he filed he showed 6000 CAD so is this amount sufficient? Can we show my savings and investments too???
He can include evidence of financial investments.

No large, last-minute transfers.... nothing borrowed from anyone. His personal investments/financials must match his ITRs and source of income.

He visited Ireland in OCTOBER 2017, and purpose of Visit was for BUSINESS. He has his business in the field of education, he is a career counselor and IRELAND ENTERPRISE invited him to explore the country and to visit various universities. Duration for the visit was for 15 days. He has business clients in Ireland. Also, for OCTOBER 2018 he got the invitation from the various universities to visit them and strengthen the business ties and in October end he intends to go to IRELAND.
Valid UK and Irish Visit Visas + tickets, hotel bookings, etc for the visit (hopefully, it is scheduled after his intended visit to Canada) + a broad plan of his UK/Ireland visit + evidence of that purpose of visit.

We are thinking to write a Statement of Purpose to inform them about the purpose of visit and the main reason for the visit. Will Statement of Purpose convince them?
Explanations work only when supported by evidence.

He can include a detailed day-by-day itinerary with expense estimates for typical sightseeing, meeting you, etc. and prove he can afford it + airfare.

We will also share the financial statement of the firm so that they can get the idea about the same and might be convinced.
You can include company registration + company bank statement + office lease agreement + Profession Tax + GST + Income Tax, etc paid by the company/business.

That said, your husband cannot include business finances for his personal visit + he must clearly state the percentage of his share in the business

Reactions: ubfx and bellaluna

VelaniD

Aug 16, 2018
@VelaniD

From a visa perspective, it would seem like he is moving to Canada with you to enhance his own career. His business is in education and career counselling and Canada is a premium/much sought after destination for this purpose.

It would be a hard sell to convince the visa officer that your husband will be a genuine, short-term visitor who will not apply for a SOWP later.

He will apply for visitor visa now and SOWP is for the later stage, in his Statement of Purpose can he mention that at present moment he is not looking for SOWP but maybe in January 2019 he will start applying for the same. If he justifies it so will be officer be convinced as we are being honest with our plans and are not fooling them.

Again as a partnership company, his business partners can manage his responsibilities when he is away. Does he have unique, well-defined work responsibilities that no one else can do? If so, can he prove this?

His major sole responsibility is taking care of Operation in the business and does marketing too. So, will a letter from other partner work as a evidence wherein they specify the responsibilities of each one of them. (Affidavit will be good idea..?)

Yes, he can include this + 2-3 rent receipts + bank statement to prove rent has been paid.

Okay, than can be shown and done.

He can include evidence of financial investments.

Yes, we have that and the amount is also good.

No large, last-minute transfers.... nothing borrowed from anyone. His personal investments/financials must match his ITRs and source of income.

He has sufficient funds in his account and does not have any last minute transfer. Also can he include my bank statement as an additional funds? My GIC funds are in some other account and apart from that I have funds in another account, have my own investments and saving so can we include that too? Will it really count?

Valid UK and Irish Visit Visas + tickets, hotel bookings, etc for the visit (hopefully, it is scheduled after his intended visit to Canada) + a broad plan of his UK/Ireland visit + evidence of that purpose of visit.

He has the needed evidence of his past trip to Ireland in 2017. And, for this October trip he has got the invitation letter from 2 universities and will apply for business visa for Ireland only in the end of September, 2018. So getting Ireland Visa in advance make our file strong??? Like, first we apply for Ireland visa and after he gets that we shall apply for Canada Visa.

Explanations work only when supported by evidence.

He can include a detailed day-by-day itinerary with expense estimates for typical sightseeing, meeting you, etc. and prove he can afford it + airfare.

He will be staying here with his sister and brother in law so his travelling, stay and food will be taken care of. He also has the invitation letter from them so this case are we suppose to show expenses for the above listed items???

And he intends to see visit few places in Ontario and will visit my University that's all. So will a detailed itinerary convince the embassy???

You can include company registration + company bank statement +office lease agreement + Profession Tax + GST + Income Tax, etc paid by the company/business.

All of these is there and can be submitted to the embassy.

That said, your husband cannot include business finances for his personal visit + he must clearly state the percentage of his share in the business
The share of the percentage is mentioned in the MOA and AOA. For the visit only personal finance are shown and business finance are not included.

What else can we add to make our file more strong?

Is there any need for me to send him the invitation letter. His parents have traveled a lot to Canada to meet her sister so will parents visa detail help him to justify that family's travel history is good and will surely return to India. Also in September, 2018 his parents are coming to Canada to meet her sister and her family so can we include that too as a family reunion. For the family gathering and to meet his wife he is willing to come on visitor visa..

Thanks a lot!!!

ubfx

Oct 6, 2017
The share of the percentage is mentioned in the MOA and AOA. For the visit only personal finance are shown and business finance are not included.

Is there any need for me to send him the invitation letter. His parents have traveled a lot to Canada to meet her sister so will parents visa detail help him to justify that family's travel history is good and will surely return to India. Also in September, 2018 his parents are coming to Canada to meet her sister and her family so can we include that too as a family reunion. For the family gathering and to meet his wife he is willing to come on visitor visa..

Thanks a lot!!!
Invitation letter can be additional document but can't be a supporting document until unless things are completed as per @Bryanna explained above..Good Luck

muba

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Hello friends,

I applied TRV for my in-laws (online)in June and it got rejected. Below are the timelines.

19-June: Application Submitted Online
20-June: Your application is in progress. Submitted Stage
07-July: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
13-July: Final Decision made. Not Approved.

From expert members in the forum I came to know the mistake I did. In the invite letter I mentioned that I am inviting my in-laws to help my wife during pregnancy. Thanks to Bryanna for pointing out clearly the mistake I did. Also I said i the invite letter that they will stay here for 3 months (another mistake of mentioning a longer term)

Now its been a month. My wife delivered baby on 1-Aug. Can I re-apply TRV for them stating the purpose of visit as " Sightseeing and to visit the family especially the new born grand child" Please advise.

the rejection reason provided by visa officer is as below:
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

I cant do anything for travel history as they have traveled only to Saudi Arabia.
For purpose of visit, I will be now mentioning that they are coming to visit the attraction places in Canada and to visit the family especially the new born grand child and they will be here for 2 weeks.
For Financial status, will it be sufficient if I show my canadian bank statement and how much money should I show in my bank statement. Kindly advise.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
You need to state it specifically. The visa officer may not go through the fine print in a MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) to figure out the facts of your husband's business.

IMO, the type of business he is in + the fact that he has business partners has worked against a favorable decision. Also, he quite literally does not have any concrete asset as in owning a property + no strong travel history.

What is also working against his approval is the fact that his entire family is in Canada which would leave him with little or no incentive to return to India.

Is there any need for me to send him the invitation letter.
Not sure why you believe an invitation letter is not required.

His parents have traveled a lot to Canada to meet her sister so will parents visa detail help him to justify that family's travel history is good and will surely return to India. Also in September, 2018 his parents are coming to Canada to meet her sister and her family so can we include that too as a family reunion. For the family gathering and to meet his wife he is willing to come on visitor visa..
This idea will only increase the chances of another TRV refusal as it puts the focus on the entire family being in Canada = No reason/no dependent family member to return to in India

VelaniD

Aug 16, 2018
You need to state it specifically. The visa officer may not go through the fine print in a MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) to figure out the facts of your husband's business.

Yes, it can be done and I'll be very careful about it.

IMO, the type of business he is in + the fact that he has business partners has worked against a favorable decision. Also, he quite literally does not have any concrete asset as in owning a property + no strong travel history.

What is also working against his approval is the fact that his entire family is in Canada which would leave him with little or no incentive to return to India.

This is something that I can't change. Need to present the real facts.

Not sure why you believe an invitation letter is not required.

Because, he already has her sister in Canada and she is the citizen. So I was unsure that will her Invitation work or he will need my invitation letter too...

This idea will only increase the chances of another TRV refusal as it puts the focus on the entire family being in Canada = No reason/no dependent family member to return to in India
My in-laws are coming to Canada only for a month. I'll avoid adding this detail. Thanks..!!!

VelaniD

Aug 16, 2018
My in-laws are coming to Canada only for a month. I'll avoid adding this detail. Thanks..!!!

Hello!!!!

As per your guidance we applied for visitors visa for my husband and after 40days it got approved. Thank you so much for all the valuable guidance given by you and the team.

The major asset was all the supporting documents. Once again thanks a lot!!!

SINGH26

Star Member
Apr 17, 2018
Hello!!!!

As per your guidance we applied for visitors visa for my husband and after 40days it got approved. Thank you so much for all the valuable guidance given by you and the team.

The major asset was all the supporting documents. Once again thanks a lot!!!
When have u applied? Which v/o processed your application?