+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa application (ongoing, visit Canadian husband, Philippines)

MedtechYuki

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
Manila
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
December 28, 2016
Doc's Request.
January 30, 2017 (Additional Documents)
AOR Received.
December 11, 2016
File Transfer...
February 13, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
November 21, 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May 30, 2017
Hi Yuki here, I am a bit worried on my application, I have sent mine last Jan 21, 2017 here in Phils. I applied for a visitor visa so I could visit my husband and spend more time with him. Length of my stay is supposedly from Feb 23, 2017 to March 23, 2017. I am working here in the Philippines as a medical technologist and I have 2 jobs. I have no travel history and haven't included in my cover letter that my husband is trying to apply for a spousal sponsorship that is currently ongoing. I submitted:

Marriage Certificate
Photo requirement
A bank statement showing funds from the last six months ($3800 CAD) only.
Income Tax Returns (2014-16)
Employment letter from my main job stating they are giving me a month for holiday.
another employment letter from my secondary job stating that the COE will be used for travel purposes. (Both didn't state my annual or monthly income)
Payslips from both jobs
My existing car loan certificate
A letter stating why I want to visit canada (which is wanting to visit my husband but spend more time with him due to tight work schedules for both of us and that he could only visit me for two weeks however I could stay with him for a month since work allowed me to be on holidays for a month.)
Credit card statement
My husbands employment letter and his revenue for last year
An invitation letter coming from my husband stating our reasons why I wanna visit and that he would provide food and shelter for me.
a letter stating also that he is willing to provide my basic necessities.
Itinerary but my husband only stated where he would take me. I really don't have any reservations elsewhere other than for me to be staying at my husbands home.
My Professional License
My drivers license
Medical (Since I have already done my medical cause I was applying first for a spousal sponsorship)
and the forms I needed to fill up.

What bothers me is that I never had been to any other country. :( I have no travel proof and had been busy for the last 3 years working.
I also forgot to include in my letter that I have an existing sponsorship application and UCI. That I would have to come back to not jeopardize my existing application.
I also forgot to include my existing loan from the national housing authority here stating that I am currently paying for it.
I am so stressed out since I have been reading in forums a heap of rejected applications and feel that I should have done better.
and last 2 years ago I have been rejected to visit my aunts and uncles in Australia since I lack supporting documents. (that was a different story however, I was honest to tell them that I have been rejected a visitors visa in another country)
I really have no idea if I lacked evidence of ties for my application.
but i am still hoping for an approval. My husband and I got married last six months ago.. July 26, 2016 here in phils, and left on the 28th.
I really do wanna spend time with him. I miss him so much and it is just unbelievable that I am going through all this just for me to be with him. :(

Do you think I have provided enough?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hard to say, since we have no idea what your husband's revenue/employment situation is exactly, so it's really up to the visa officer to decide. I think you have a 50-50 chance based on what you provided. Good luck. Keep in mind the current processing time in Manila is currently 12 days, so you might get the decision next week.

Did you declare the spousal sponsorship in the application form in the question "have you applied to enter Canada"?

MedtechYuki

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
Manila
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
December 28, 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
December 11, 2016
File Transfer...
February 13, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
November 21, 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May 30, 2017
bellaluna said:
Hard to say, since we have no idea what your husband's revenue/employment situation is exactly, so it's really up to the visa officer to decide. I think you have a 50-50 chance based on what you provided. Good luck. Keep in mind the current processing time in Manila is currently 12 days, so you might get the decision next week.

Did you declare the spousal sponsorship in the application form in the question "have you applied to enter Canada"?
Hi Bellaluna! Thanks for trying to get back on my question! :) My husband did provide me COE of where he works and 2 of them since both of us do work 2 jobs, plus he had to download a copy of his revenue last year? He did say that was solid proof of income coming from the Canadian government.

However for the question: "have you applied to enter Canada?" I remember saying NO. :( huhuhuhu

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
MedtechYuki said:
Hi Bellaluna! Thanks for trying to get back on my question! :) My husband did provide me COE of where he works and 2 of them since both of us do work 2 jobs, plus he had to download a copy of his revenue last year? He did say that was solid proof of income coming from the Canadian government.

However for the question: "have you applied to enter Canada?" I remember saying NO. :( huhuhuhu
It also matters *how much* he's actually getting, not just that he's getting something.

Oh dear, so your husband already submitted the sponsorship application, right? If so, send a follow-up and explain about the spousal sponsorship:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/manila.asp

MedtechYuki

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
Manila
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
December 28, 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
December 11, 2016
File Transfer...
February 13, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
November 21, 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May 30, 2017
bellaluna said:
It also matters *how much* he's actually getting, not just that he's getting something.

Oh dear, so your husband already submitted the sponsorship application, right? If so, send a follow-up and explain about the spousal sponsorship:
Hello again! Unfortunately me and my husband tried to look if we could do changes or follow ups for the application, and since I have done the visitor visa application online, I really have no luck submitting any extra documents for them to know we had submitted a spousal sponsorship app. earlier. :( bummer! I guess, I'll just have to hope they would approve my visit; either way, if that wouldn't happen my husband will be the one visiting me here in Phils. Too bad I would only be able to stay with him way less than if I did the visiting. So hard to be away from him... Thank you bellaluna! Thanks so much for helping me!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
MedtechYuki said:
Hello again! Unfortunately me and my husband tried to look if we could do changes or follow ups for the application, and since I have done the visitor visa application online, I really have no luck submitting any extra documents for them to know we had submitted a spousal sponsorship app. earlier. :( bummer! I guess, I'll just have to hope they would approve my visit; either way, if that wouldn't happen my husband will be the one visiting me here in Phils. Too bad I would only be able to stay with him way less than if I did the visiting. So hard to be away from him... Thank you bellaluna! Thanks so much for helping me!
You really can't submit additional documents.

You have to send a case specific enquiry separately to explain your situation.

I urge you to do this because the worst case scenario (not sure it will happen but you don't want it to happen) is you will get a 5 year ban from Canada for misrepresentation.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
bellaluna said:

I urge you to do this because the worst case scenario (not sure it will happen but you don't want it to happen) is you will get a 5 year ban from Canada for misrepresentation.
Absolutely right.

We have also seen cases where ongoing PR applications were cancelled by IRCC due to false information. So do send the Case Specific Enquiry immediately. It may not happen in your case, but why take a risk.

Also, you must declare visa refusals/entry denials to any country (if it is the case) in this same CSE (if it applies to you)

MedtechYuki

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
Manila
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
December 28, 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
December 11, 2016
File Transfer...
February 13, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
November 21, 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May 30, 2017
bellaluna said:
You really can't submit additional documents.

Hi again! I have done that yesterday and have declared all the amendments. I stated that I have an ongoing spousal sponsorship and gave them the UCI number and application number and that I also told them I answered no to the background declaration question: "have you ever had close contact with a person who is positive with tuberculosis?" and wanted that corrected since I am a medical technologist, and thus, my job as a medical technologist is to examine body fluids and sputum is one of the body fluids I am handling, and for the past three years working I do have patients who were TB positive. I also attached a copy of the new application form and a letter of the corrections I have done. After, they said that it will be processed in 28 days as I remember after submitting the amended documents. Today I have received a message from them asking me to submit my passport to a VAC center (which is VFS Philippines in Makati) Does that mean that they have approved me? I wonder if they have seen my amended application form and my explanation on why I screwed up on the paperwork....

MedtechYuki

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
Manila
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
December 28, 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
December 11, 2016
File Transfer...
February 13, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
November 21, 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May 30, 2017
Bryanna said:
Absolutely right.

We have also seen cases where ongoing PR applications were cancelled by IRCC due to false information. So do send the Case Specific Enquiry immediately. It may not happen in your case, but why take a risk.

Also, you must declare visa refusals/entry denials to any country (if it is the case) in this same CSE (if it applies to you)
Hi Bryanna!!! I was refused to visit Australia last 2015 round August and have declared that on my application and stated the reasons why. That was also a visitor visa application, but I was suppose to visit aunts and uncles back then. That I did declare. I have also sent an enquiry about all the corrections I wanna change on the visitors visa application, and that was stating that I do have an ongoing application for spousal sponsorship and gave them the details on it. Plus, like what I have said to Bellaluna, I answered "NO" on the background declaration: "have you ever had close contact with a person with tuberculosis?" which should have been "YES" due to my occupation (medical technologist). before hand, I have already submitted with the other required documents a medical done at the hospital they required. That was done for my spousal sponsorship which wasn't so long ago (about 3 months). So I have submitted that too as proof that I have no issues with my health whatsoever. I have received an email today asking me to submit my passport at the VAC center (VFS global in Makati) with the attachment of the letter they have sent me. Does that mean that they have approved me? they did say they have made a decision on it already......

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Oh congrats you're lucky then. ;D

Be sure to correct those questions after sponsorship approval, when you apply for PR.

MedtechYuki

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
Manila
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
December 28, 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
December 11, 2016
File Transfer...
February 13, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
November 21, 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May 30, 2017
bellaluna said:
Oh congrats you're lucky then. ;D

Be sure to correct those questions after sponsorship approval, when you apply for PR.
I will inform them too :) thanks so much for your help! That must mean I will be seeing my husband and his country! yehay!

Sparkling

Star Member
May 13, 2015
MedtechYuki said:
I will inform them too :) thanks so much for your help! That must mean I will be seeing my husband and his country! yehay!
Hi, congrats on your visa!
Anyway, what did you include in your mail besides your passport and email letter from CIC.
I know we need to pay a fee via manger's check, is it the Php543.15 for Secure transmission of passport to the Embassy of Canada in Makati City, Philippines upon request by visa office (for example, electronic application) — Price per Passport ?

Did you also pay for the P293.95 for Courier Delivery of Applications to Applicant?
And also, how are they giving back your passport, did you send a pre-paid return envelope from 2GO?

Thank you!

MedtechYuki

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
Manila
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
December 28, 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
December 11, 2016
File Transfer...
February 13, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
November 21, 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May 30, 2017
Sparkling said:
Hi, congrats on your visa!
Anyway, what did you include in your mail besides your passport and email letter from CIC.
I know we need to pay a fee via manger's check, is it the Php543.15 for Secure transmission of passport to the Embassy of Canada in Makati City, Philippines upon request by visa office (for example, electronic application) — Price per Passport ?

Did you also pay for the P293.95 for Courier Delivery of Applications to Applicant?
And also, how are they giving back your passport, did you send a pre-paid return envelope from 2GO?

Thank you!
I haven't got my passport back yet.. So I do hope when I do I would get them with a visa on it..
I drove there today at VFS personally.. and I would drive back to get it. There are other fees than that like (sms fee amounting to 68.85). but yes it's 543.15 for passport transmission. and I did see 280++ for the shipment back.

If I were you and you do have time, do it personally.
if not, try LBC I have seen one opposite the building.. (I think you could pick your courier since it did say on a form what courier you would want to use.) But I have no idea on how it works when you send it to them via mail. I think your right on attaching a mngrs. chq. (I also think you could pay at union bank, go to there website, there they have forms you could download and fill up and show at union bank when you pay. I am not sure but I think that is how I read it.)

I included my:
passport
letter from CIC
I printed my name, address, email and contact number on a separate sheet of paper
and the VFS Consent form (google the pdf and fill that up too.)

I hope this helps :) Cheers!

Sparkling

Star Member
May 13, 2015
MedtechYuki said:
I haven't got my passport back yet.. So I do hope when I do I would get them with a visa on it..
I drove there today at VFS personally.. and I would drive back to get it. There are other fees than that like (sms fee amounting to 68.85). but yes it's 543.15 for passport transmission. and I did see 280++ for the shipment back.

If I were you and you do have time, do it personally.
if not, try LBC I have seen one opposite the building.. (I think you could pick your courier since it did say on a form what courier you would want to use.) But I have no idea on how it works when you send it to them via mail. I think your right on attaching a mngrs. chq. (I also think you could pay at union bank, go to there website, there they have forms you could download and fill up and show at union bank when you pay. I am not sure but I think that is how I read it.)

I included my:
passport
letter from CIC
I printed my name, address, email and contact number on a separate sheet of paper
and the VFS Consent form (google the pdf and fill that up too.)

I hope this helps :) Cheers!
Thank you!
My mom is in Baguio so she can not do it personally, the least she can do is just mail.
But we are a bit confused if we need to pay for both the Php543.15+ and Php290++...

MedtechYuki

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
Manila
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
December 28, 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
December 11, 2016
File Transfer...
February 13, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
November 21, 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May 30, 2017
Sparkling said:
Thank you!
My mom is in Baguio so she can not do it personally, the least she can do is just mail.
But we are a bit confused if we need to pay for both the Php543.15+ and Php290++...
I guess if you want all of it done and sent by a courier back, I suggest to give them the amount needed. You could chat them now online :) I think if you would be giving a mngrs chq. total include all the expenses.