File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. CIC doubted the reason for your trip and think you may have plans to stay in Canada long term. You must show additional proof to support your reason for traveling to Canada if you wish to reapply.
2. You have strong ties in Canada (probably family here or something along those lines) which increase the chances you want to come here to stay. You didn't include enough information in your application to show you have strong ties to your country of residence and will return there after your trip to Canada. If you reapply, you should show stronger proof of ties to you country of residence. This evidence could include several of the following: property ownership, business ownership, rental or lease agreements, bank or other assets, employment proof, family left behind, school enrollment.

Hope this helps.

amash

Dec 23, 2011
thanks for ur reply scylla.
1.purpose of visit was: christmas vacation(written in form)and christmas vacation with spouse and visit a few tourist places(written in SOP).
2.ties in canada: my spouse on study permit
ties in india: i have shown my immediate family members and in-laws too.i have also shown my employment(appointment letter,leave approval letter,letter to the visa officer from the employer).i have shown my bank statements and fixed deposits.also shown affidavits from parents and parents in-law to support me during my stay(if at all required-properties being on their names).

also i had applied for single entry visa.do u think this would really matter?
i do not understand what should i add more to make my application strong.
i have also sent an SOP. please suggest me what changes can be made in SOP if required?
thanks in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It looks like you provided a lot of evidence. I think your main problem is that you have a spouse here on a study permit (unfortunately visas for spouses on study permits seem to be being refused quite a bit these days). Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions for making your application stronger. You could try reapplying. Perhaps your spouse could visit you instead.

amash

Dec 23, 2011
thanks scylla :)
please let me know if any of ur friends here can suggest me anything.

guys need ur help please..

jsinghj88

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
where did u apply for ur visa
whn ur spouse went to canada
since how long u people r married
how much balance u showed in ur a/c n ur spouse showed in canada
have u shown any ITR's if yes dn for how much?
do u hve any travel history or been 2 any another country except canada
u said tht u want trv to meet ur spouse in canada and u r husband or wife

amash

Dec 23, 2011
hello jsinghj88,
i applied in new delhi.
my spouse went to canada in aug 2011.
we have been married for 5 yrs now.
balance was good enough in both our accounts for my stay for 3 months.
shown ITRs for 3 yrs.
i have been to USA for 1 yr and have another US visa,but did not go.
i want to meet my husband.

please help.waiting

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amash said:
thanks for ur reply scylla.
1.purpose of visit was: christmas vacation(written in form)and christmas vacation with spouse and visit a few tourist places(written in SOP).
2.ties in canada: my spouse on study permit
ties in india: i have shown my immediate family members and in-laws too.i have also shown my employment(appointment letter,leave approval letter,letter to the visa officer from the employer).i have shown my bank statements and fixed deposits.also shown affidavits from parents and parents in-law to support me during my stay(if at all required-properties being on their names).

also i had applied for single entry visa.do u think this would really matter?
i do not understand what should i add more to make my application strong.
i have also sent an SOP. please suggest me what changes can be made in SOP if required?
thanks in advance
Hi,

Following are the main factors for the issuance of TRV-Visitor

1. The reason for travel to Canada and the applicant's contacts there;
2. The applicant's financial means for the trip;
3. The applicant's ties to his or her country of residence, including immigration status, employment and family ties
4. Whether the applicant would be likely to leave Canada at the end of the authorized stay

- Where is your letter from employer confirming salary and length of employment?
- Where is your salary statement?
- Where is your FORM 16/last 2 years ITR details?
- Where is your one page summary of the financial information you are submitting along with your TRV application?
- Where is the financial documentation of your spouse like (Notice of Assessment, T4, proof of employment, bank statement)?

It's USELESS to show things like;

1. Immediate in-laws details.
2. Affidavits from Parents/Parents-in-law
3. Letter to Visa officer from your employer.

amash

Dec 23, 2011
hello enfield,
i have provided my appointment letter stating my salary would be in cash and also i would work with them for long term.therefore cannot provide salary statements.
i have provided ITRs for 3 yrs.
i have also provided 2 pages financial summary.
i have also sent my spouse's bank statement.

i have taken absolute care while providing documents to them.but they rejected on 2 reasons, purpose of visit and family ties in india and canada.
now i am not able to understand how to convince them through SOP.what should i write?

amash

Dec 23, 2011
please reply to me guys,,m waiting madly..m planning to apply in next 2 weeks..please help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm not sure any of us can help you more than we already have. We can't tell you want to write in your SOP. Your SOP should list your honest reasons for wanting to visit.

Include all of the evidence you can in your second application and maybe you will be approved this time.

However keep in mind that many spousal visit visas are being rejected these days (even with strong evidence). Your husband may have to visit you instead.

amash

Dec 23, 2011
Re: visitor visa refusal

please can anybody tell me what should i write specifically in the 'purpose of visit' in the application?
i just want to stay with my husband for 2-3 months.

and how to prove family ties in india and canada?

please guys help me,,i am hoping from everybody to help me out here,,its been 4 months since my husband left for canada.

had anybody applied for visitor visa for spouse??
please help guys.m waiting.

jsinghj88

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
@amash- well applied ur visa too ealry, nt da rite time 2 apply, well u can aplyin 2 situations 1-along wid ur husband, in aug 2011 or 2- apply whn ur husband finish 1st semester, it depends sm courses have 6 months sem or sm have 4 months, 4 example- my wife also went 2 canada 4 months ago n i did'nt applied at tht time bt m going 2 apply now, ur husband must send u a letter frm his college which clearly shows his academic records and fee payment of 2nd sem as well, on da other hand, he must show around 6-7k in his a/c, do u hve any kids, if yes dn chances r gr8, bcoz if u applying alone nt wid kidz u will definately get da visa.

der is a grl frm south india on dis forum evn she applied wid her husband n 2 kids bt got rejected in 1st attempt n i advised her 2 apply alone nt wid kids and she got da visa in 2nd attempt, so i can only say bst of luck and apply in 2nd week of jan, der r many spouses who r suffering in such situation, dnt worry, keep trying

amash

Dec 23, 2011
thanks for ur reply jsinghj88.
i think u r right,i applied too early i guess.i did not work out on this.
well m planning to apply again in Jan, but not specifically in the 2nd week.it may take some time to gather all the documents again.
well i do not have kids.
please let me know when r u applying and what will u put in the 'purpose of visit' and 'family ties in india and canada'.how will u prove these 2 points.since these r not technical points,its difficult to convince them about family ties.also u have to be very specific about ur purpose of visit.for how many months u want to stay there,what u will do there,..n all that sort of 'out of imagination' questions.
well i did show my husband's college letter stating his records n fees.he showed 11,000 cad in his account,he showed his apartment receipt,his college IDs.
i have shown literally everything.
what else should i add now.
please let me know if u have prepared any SOP.i would appreciate if u would mail me ur SOP just for reference @ ashwinikhedekar@gmail.com
we r in the same boat n need to work out on every little detail.because visitor visa seems to be very difficult for spouses.

please help.waiting for ur reply.

jsinghj88

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
I can understand u r suffering through tough situation, well der is bit difference b/w our cases, m nt sure abt sop bcoz sop will b different bcoz m going 2 see my wife der so its easy 2 get trv in tht case as compare 2 other case bcoz a girl student may need support frm her husband, bt a husband needs support frm wife n so soon it seems bit difficult, anyhow i reccomend u try 2 apply open work permit dis time, bcoz one of my friend was rejected twice after tht he got an OWP , well evn m nt sure abt myself too,