+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa

Subysubhana

Mar 17, 2018
Hi looking to apply for a visit visa for my mother in Sri Lanka. Is it advisable to apply online or by paper. If applying online I will be doing all the necessary paper work from Canada

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi looking to apply for a visit visa for my mother in Sri Lanka. Is it advisable to apply online or by paper. If applying online I will be doing all the necessary paper work from Canada
Applying online or by paper is a personal choice. Regardless of how you apply, what impacts a TRV decision would be your mom's strong ties to Sri Lanka + her financial situation + purpose of her visit

Subysubhana

Mar 17, 2018
Hi Brianna! I have begun to gather documents for the application of my mother's TRV. I have a couple of questions regarding the process. On the document checklist they require the submission of a marriage certificate. My mother has been a widow for the past ten years and unfortunately her marriage certificate got destroyed in a flooding. The municipality doesnt have a copy of it. Is the marriage certificate a must in the application or should I write in the cover letter explaining the missing document?

My mother has socia and financial obligations towards my 93 year old mother who resides in the same house. What documents can I give to prove this?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Brianna! I have begun to gather documents for the application of my mother's TRV. I have a couple of questions regarding the process. On the document checklist they require the submission of a marriage certificate. My mother has been a widow for the past ten years and unfortunately her marriage certificate got destroyed in a flooding. The municipality doesnt have a copy of it. Is the marriage certificate a must in the application or should I write in the cover letter explaining the missing document?
As your mom is a widow, the marriage certificate is not a requirement.

Alternatively, she can include a copy of your birth certificate that states the names of both your parents + the explanation you mentioned.

My mother has socia and financial obligations towards my 93 year old mother who resides in the same house. What documents can I give to prove this?
Evidence such as:
1. They reside at the same address + since XX years
2. Relationship proof to each other (birth certificate, school record, etc)
3. Your mom pays for your grandmom's medical, insurance or similar expenses + rent + utility bills
4. Your mom must return to Sri Lanka by a specific date for some reason concerning your grandmom + any other reasons.... with evidence
5. An explanation about who will temporarily take care of your grandmom when your mom visits