+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa while waiting for PR

Chomplified

Feb 24, 2020
Hey guys, I’ve been waiting for my fiancés PR and it’s passed its estimated completion date. She’s going through express entry PNP to Manitoba.

A little back story about our story. She’s from Nigeria and I’m from Canada. We met in Dec 2017 and have been going strong since. We had no idea we were going serious so she just applied through normal PR. We took trips together, I came to visit me her in Nigeria back in Aug 2018 and then took a few trips to London since that was the only visitor visa she had confidence in getting. And now for the past 6months, since September I’ve been living with her here in Nigeria. We both thought that she would get my PR before January and the plan was to go back together. However, I have to go back in April.

If I invite her to come visit me in Vancouver, would that affect her PR? Also we’re in a lesbian relationship and it’s illegal here so I don’t know if I can submit something like that to show she’s my fiancein case the Lagos visa office sees them.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is it okay even if her permanent residency is on going?
Should we specify she's my fiancee or should I leave that out?
If you think you may ever use the fact that you were common law and living together in future applications you should mention it. Unfortunately it may makes chances of approval more fifficult. Are you a citizen or PR?

Chomplified

Feb 24, 2020
Yikes Okay, I'm a citizen
If you think you may ever use the fact that you were common law and living together in future applications you should mention it. Unfortunately it may makes chances of approval more fifficult. Are you a citizen or PR?

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Hi, I know you did not ask this question but I feel I need to say this here since it is difficult to be away from a loved one. You say she has applied for PR under MPNP. Once she gets PR, you will move to Manitoba to be with her right? Because right now it is looking like she does not intend to live in Manitoba (if you are in Vancouver) and that is cause for PR revocation because it will be misrepresentation of intention. You may want to check that out. If you intend to live in Vancouver, would suggest you apply to sponsor her once you achieve common law status instead.

Chomplified

Feb 24, 2020
Hi, I know you did not ask this question but I feel I need to say this here since it is difficult to be away from a loved one. You say she has applied for PR under MPNP. Once she gets PR, you will move to Manitoba to be with her right? Because right now it is looking like she does not intend to live in Manitoba (if you are in Vancouver) and that is cause for PR revocation because it will be misrepresentation of intention. You may want to check that out. If you intend to live in Vancouver, would suggest you apply to sponsor her once you achieve common law status instead.
Thank you, I appreciate you bringing this out into the open! To be honest I have looked into it, and if need be I would move to Manitoba to be with her. My only concern with sponsoring her is that her application might be moved back a year

Reactions: jddd