+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa vs Supervisa??

ronitsharma

Star Member
Sep 4, 2017
Hello All,

I am planning to call my mother in Canada for a couple of months to visit me. I have my mother and sister back home.
I am a PR here in Canada.

I have 2 options.
1. Visitor Visa: I can apply for a regular multiple entry visa. My mother has a property and a business (sole proprietor since my dad passed away in 2019) that she runs in India. She also has a dependant (my sister) she needs to take care of. I believe we have the funds and strong ties to show. However, you are never sure about Visitor visa’s approval.
2. Super Visa: I am not so sure about the process of super visa. But as I am on PR, and I have a good income here, this is also an option. I have heard that the rejection rates are less for super visa. But I am not sure of the processing time for super visa.

Request to provide some suggestions on what path should I take? My mother has never applied for a Canadian visa. I have seen people trying with Visitor visa first and if not successful, then they go for super visa.
Let me know how should I go about it?
Is visitor visa a good option or should I directly go with Super Visa?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello All,

I am planning to call my mother in Canada for a couple of months to visit me. I have my mother and sister back home.
I am a PR here in Canada.

I have 2 options.
1. Visitor Visa: I can apply for a regular multiple entry visa. My mother has a property and a business (sole proprietor since my dad passed away in 2019) that she runs in India. She also has a dependant (my sister) she needs to take care of. I believe we have the funds and strong ties to show. However, you are never sure about Visitor visa’s approval.
2. Super Visa: I am not so sure about the process of super visa. But as I am on PR, and I have a good income here, this is also an option. I have heard that the rejection rates are less for super visa. But I am not sure of the processing time for super visa.

Request to provide some suggestions on what path should I take? My mother has never applied for a Canadian visa. I have seen people trying with Visitor visa first and if not successful, then they go for super visa.
Let me know how should I go about it?
Is visitor visa a good option or should I directly go with Super Visa?
Wrong section. Post under visitors.