+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa TRV from India Dec 2017

Anu renoola

Dec 5, 2017
Pls don’t worry about this delay. There were lots of holidays within this timeframe. That could be a reason. They will ask applicant for more details if needed and then only they keep the file aside for reviewing on a later date. If you didn’t get any email after that just stay positive and wait for the surprise email. My friend got visa approval for their parents in 4 days. It all depends on the officer and when you applied. If the officer see everything handy and simple, and also if he or she is a fast decision maker you will get it soon otherwise they go with the flow. Keep checking emails and my cic account.
Thank you for your quick response.. hoping for the positive response ...

roaringpanthers 12345

Feb 4, 2015
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8th Sep 2015 (CIO,NS)
Doc's Request.
RPRF paid April 2016
Nomination.....
24th July 2015 NSNP
AOR Received.
9th Dec 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with PR application
File Transfer...
X
Med's Request
30th June 2016
Med's Done....
6th July 2016. Passed 10th July 2016
Interview........
X
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting (Inland)
Hi All,

I have applied for visitor visa on 19th dec,2017. Its been more than one month i have not received any update. How much time does it usually takes?
I applied through agent by offline paper process.

Thanks.
First of all Good luck with your application. Application time varies for each applicant. It’s mostly a rough time frame that they have mentioned in website. It could take longer if they need more details. I have also read that it takes bit more time for younger applicants just because they have to make sure that applicant will not try to stay in Canada illegally or try to work on visiting visa. For older applicants like 50+ (this year mentioned is a rough number-not based on fact) they assume they won’t try to work or stay illegally. Same time our ties to the country of origin is a big factor they consider you going back to home country (like own business, house, good job, length of employment, family ties, submit a copy of leave application for job back home etc)

roaringpanthers 12345

Feb 4, 2015
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8th Sep 2015 (CIO,NS)
Doc's Request.
RPRF paid April 2016
Nomination.....
24th July 2015 NSNP
AOR Received.
9th Dec 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with PR application
File Transfer...
X
Med's Request
30th June 2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
X
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting (Inland)

Anu renoola

Dec 5, 2017
I have one more question.. is there any way to contact Canada embassy through email or phone to remind them about our application???

roaringpanthers 12345

Feb 4, 2015
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8th Sep 2015 (CIO,NS)
Doc's Request.
RPRF paid April 2016
Nomination.....
24th July 2015 NSNP
AOR Received.
9th Dec 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with PR application
File Transfer...
X
Med's Request
30th June 2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
X
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting (Inland)
I have one more question.. is there any way to contact Canada embassy through email or phone to remind them about our application???
You can contact them through case specific inquiry system of IRCC. But doing this is not going to make any difference. If your application has passed the timeframe IRCC mentioned you can contact them by this way or even call their toll free number (not sure if it’s free when you call from outside Canada) and inquire about this. These emails and calls are attended by agents assigned by IRCC. They will notify your concern (If no update past timeframe, change in any information or status etc) to IRCC officers only if they feel it is valid and necessary. They won’t be able to tell us how much more time it gonna take or what’s going on with your file.

Anu renoola

Dec 5, 2017
You can contact them through case specific inquiry system of IRCC. But doing this is not going to make any difference. If your application has passed the timeframe IRCC mentioned you can contact them by this way or even call their toll free number (not sure if it’s free when you call from outside Canada) and inquire about this. These emails and calls are attended by agents assigned by IRCC. They will notify your concern (If no update past timeframe, change in any information or status etc) to IRCC officers only if they feel it is valid and necessary. They won’t be able to tell us how much more time it gonna take or what’s going on with your file.

Oh ok ... thanks a lot for the information ☺☺

nks.33

Jan 30, 2018
Hi, can I ask a question about the number 2 point - proof of fund? So far I know the visitors (in this case, your wife's parents) are supposed to show proof of fund. Did you have to submit your bank statement as well? Can you please make it clear?
Thank you.

Anu renoola

Dec 5, 2017
Pls don’t worry about this delay. There were lots of holidays within this timeframe. That could be a reason. They will ask applicant for more details if needed and then only they keep the file aside for reviewing on a later date. If you didn’t get any email after that just stay positive and wait for the surprise email. My friend got visa approval for their parents in 4 days. It all depends on the officer and when you applied. If the officer see everything handy and simple, and also if he or she is a fast decision maker you will get it soon otherwise they go with the flow. Keep checking emails and my cic account.

Hi , previously my visa was rejected for 3 times .. is that the reason behind the delay of my visa process?? This time I applied with strong reasons and explained everything in cover letter .. till now there is no update..

bhkr0008

Jul 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
AOR Received.
AOR1 January 9 AOR2 March 3
File Transfer...
17-01-2015
Med's Done....
JUNE 2014/RE-MEDS DONE OCT 2015
Interview........
HOPE NO
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Hello, Please help me on this confusion for visitor visa for parents.
  • Applying online or hard package is better.
  • Which copies should be notarized or trued copy
  • Which documents should be done with the accountant

chandra415

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney -> Mississauga -> NDVO
App. Filed.......
04-11-2019 (App Received Date)
AOR Received.
23-11-2019
File Transfer...
File Transfer to NDVO: 13-01-2020
Med's Request
06-12-2019
Med's Done....
Medicals passed on 11-12-2019
Passport Req..
Waiting Eagerly
Hello everyone,

Please guide me to the correct post if this is irrelevant.

I am a PR and planning to bring my parents and fiance to Canada on a visitor visa. Can some one please help me with the checklist, process, pros and cons.

Thank you;
Chandra

roaringpanthers 12345

Feb 4, 2015
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8th Sep 2015 (CIO,NS)
Doc's Request.
RPRF paid April 2016
Nomination.....
24th July 2015 NSNP
AOR Received.
9th Dec 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with PR application
File Transfer...
X
Med's Request
30th June 2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
X
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting (Inland)
Hi , previously my visa was rejected for 3 times .. is that the reason behind the delay of my visa process?? This time I applied with strong reasons and explained everything in cover letter .. till now there is no update..
As long as you have submitted a cover letter with valid reasons and fixed the reason for previous rejections it should be good I guess.

DHARMDEEP SINGH

Jan 31, 2017
hii
i am working in government bank and my wife is not working. we have applied online for canada tourist visa on 2 December 2017.
we have not get any reply from cic till date. what could be the reason for delay.

roaringpanthers 12345

Feb 4, 2015
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8th Sep 2015 (CIO,NS)
Doc's Request.
RPRF paid April 2016
Nomination.....
24th July 2015 NSNP
AOR Received.
9th Dec 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with PR application
File Transfer...
X
Med's Request
30th June 2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
X
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting (Inland)
hii
i am working in government bank and my wife is not working. we have applied online for canada tourist visa on 2 December 2017.
we have not get any reply from cic till date. what could be the reason for delay.
Hello,
It is hard to guess what’s going on with any application. If your application has past the timeframe you can contact IRCC and ask for status. What I recommend is always make sure every single possible questions from IRCC is clarified while you apply initially rather than waiting for them to ask. Always make sure we provide more than what is required. It is always best practice to try our best to get application approved by first time itself rather than taking chances and then later worrying and trying to fix errors. Even if we have to wait a week or more to get certain certificates (bank documents, birth certificate, marriage certificate) rather than applying with what we have and take chances.

Age is a big factor. More younger you are more at risk you are for the government. IRCC promotes permanent residency and Citizenship but they don’t want people staying in Canada illegally. We have to show we will always return to our home country so show more ties to home country

pasmas

Feb 11, 2018
Hi All,

I have applied for visitor visa on 19th dec,2017. Its been more than one month i have not received any update. How much time does it usually takes?
I applied through agent by offline paper process.

Thanks.
I applied for a tourist visa in July 2017 and still not received any update on my application.

can any senior members provide some help here?

roaringpanthers 12345

Feb 4, 2015
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8th Sep 2015 (CIO,NS)
Doc's Request.
RPRF paid April 2016
Nomination.....
24th July 2015 NSNP
AOR Received.
9th Dec 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with PR application
File Transfer...
X
Med's Request
30th June 2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
X
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting (Inland)
I applied for a tourist visa in July 2017 and still not received any update on my application.

can any senior members provide some help here?
Hardeep,
IRCC applications are very straight forward. It is always better to submit applications by self. As you have applied through agents you would have to wait till your agent replies and if agent miss to reply to IRCC emails and follow up with requested documents there are always chances for rejection. As we all know there are good and bad agents around and no one will admit mistakes even if it happened from them. You can contact IRCC through toll free number from your country of residence and or submit case specific inquiry. If application has past timeframe mentioned in website you have the right to contact them. If your file is rejected you have the right to know why as well. If rejected you can always re apply but make sure you wait at least 3-6 months and make necessary efforts to correct the reason for previous rejection. There is no chance for luck here in immigration affairs. They admit people with no potential risk to the country.