+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa to Work Permit 2023

jesuslove

Star Member
Oct 24, 2021
Hello I arrived in Canada on a visitor visa in May 2023, found a job within 3 Weeks, now I applied for LMIA Exempt a work permit. Its been exactly 30 days now.
Can anyone share their timeline and experiences for in canada work permit 2023? I can also give tips on how to find a job and employer to sponsor.
Hello. was your work permit approved? How long the process took to get an answer

jesuslove

Star Member
Oct 24, 2021
Applied June 15th. I got an approval after 45 days.
Congrats. Which job position was it. Can you give me some tips on how to find a job inside of Canada please. I have a TVR as well. Thank you
Did you apply online or on Paper?

Last edited:

yannkq

Jul 11, 2023
Congrats. Which job position was it. Can you give me some tips on how to find a job inside of Canada please. I have a TVR as well. Thank you
Did you apply online or on Paper?
Managerial position. Teer 1. I applied online (After 35 days my company sent a letter to IRCC to speed up processing time the week after they started processing my file) You can send me your questions in direct message I'm happy to help. :)

jesuslove

Star Member
Oct 24, 2021
Managerial position. Teer 1. I applied online (After 35 days my company sent a letter to IRCC to speed up processing time the week after they started processing my file) You can send me your questions in direct message I'm happy to help. :)
Thank you so much for your help. I don't see where to send private message.
I got a work contract for the Francophone Mobility program through an agency so I have to pay a lot for the process. So I would like to know if I can travel with my visitor visa to apply inside of Canada. Thank you

yannkq

Jul 11, 2023
Thank you so much for your help. I don't see where to send private message.
I got a work contract for the Francophone Mobility program through an agency so I have to pay a lot for the process. So I would like to know if I can travel with my visitor visa to apply inside of Canada. Thank you
OK. So A few questions, is there a reason your employer has not submitted the offer letter in his employer portal? That's the first step for closed WP. Once your employer has paid and submitted they should provide you with the reference number. You will then use that number to apply for a work permit online. I suggest you to apply outside of Canada as the processing time is said to be shorter.

In regards to your TRV yes you can travel on a TRV then apply from inside Canada which is what's I did.

Reactions: jesuslove

jesuslove

Star Member
Oct 24, 2021
OK. So A few questions, is there a reason your employer has not submitted the offer letter in his employer portal? That's the first step for closed WP. Once your employer has paid and submitted they should provide you with the reference number. You will then use that number to apply for a work permit online. I suggest you to apply outside of Canada as the processing time is said to be shorter.

In regards to your TRV yes you can travel on a TRV then apply from inside Canada which is what's I did.
In this case I don't need a LMIA? I don't know if employer has submitted the offer letter in his employer portal because I applied through a work agency. I have to mention that also, I took the TEF Canada 3 years ago, the migration lawyer said it is still valid for the Mobility Francophone program, I am not sure.

yannkq

Jul 11, 2023
So If you applied through an agency then I'm assuming the agency will be applying for the Mobilité Francophone work permit on behalf of the employer. This work permit does not require any LMIA. TEF tests are valid for 2 years. I suggest you also give any diplomas you have from a french university /institution ext...

jesuslove

Star Member
Oct 24, 2021
So If you applied through an agency then I'm assuming the agency will be applying for the Mobilité Francophone work permit on behalf of the employer. This work permit does not require any LMIA. TEF tests are valid for 2 years. I suggest you also give any diplomas you have from a french university /institution ext...
Thank you so much for your advice. I completed my high school grades in a french school. Do you think if I applied outside of Canada and my work permit not approved it could impack my TVR?

yannkq

Jul 11, 2023
TRV and Work permit are seperate things so one does not impact the other. If your work permit is not approved your TRV is still valid and you can still travel with it.

jesuslove

Star Member
Oct 24, 2021
TRV and Work permit are seperate things so one does not impact the other. If your work permit is not approved your TRV is still valid and you can still travel with it.
Thank you so much for taking time to answer my questions. If it does not bother you, may I have your email please?

evalou23

Apr 6, 2023
Hello I arrived in Canada on a visitor visa in May 2023, found a job within 3 Weeks, now I applied for LMIA Exempt a work permit. Its been exactly 30 days now.
Can anyone share their timeline and experiences for in canada work permit 2023? I can also give tips on how to find a job and employer to sponsor.
Hi please for the tips how to find a job and employer to sponsor and what are the step a visitor in Canada like you have to do to get a job and stay.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi please for the tips how to find a job and employer to sponsor and what are the step a visitor in Canada like you have to do to get a job and stay.
First step is to get an approved TRV by showing funds, ties to home country (job letter with approved leave, spouse/children, business, investments, properties), travel history and valid reasons to travel. You cannot say you are coming to Canada to look for a job.

evalou23

Apr 6, 2023
First step is to get an approved TRV by showing funds, ties to home country (job letter with approved leave, spouse/children, business, investments, properties), travel history and valid reasons to travel. You cannot say you are coming to Canada to look for a job.
I'm asking how to find a job for someone who got a visitor visa and want to stay in Canada the person is in Canada what should the person do to get a job to be able to stay

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm asking how to find a job for someone who got a visitor visa and want to stay in Canada the person is in Canada what should the person do to get a job to be able to stay
Depends on what your educational and work experience background is. You ideally want to find a job that aligns to your education and work experience.