Visitor visa time line Aug.31

eminemwww

Sep 27, 2022
Hi all

Here is my IRCC PORTAL time line,
-Aug.31st applied.
-Sep.2 nd bio.

Now Sep.28th,still processing,no review yet

Applied from china to visit my mother-in-law in QC,my wife(canadian citizen) and i stay in china for two years,hopefully everything goes well!

dun146

Jun 19, 2019
Hi everyone,

We just applied for my fiance's visitor visa and selected intended duration of stay on application form as 4 weeks. I have few questions and really hoping someone responds on this forum:

1) We will register our marriage in Canada and go for inland spousal PR sponsorship. What if my fiance is only granted a stay of 4 weeks at the border? Can we extend his stay while we register/apply for spousal PR?
2) Does my fiance need to say at the border that we'll be registering our marriage? That is declaring true intentions?

Thanks

Reactions: eminemwww

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,

We just applied for my fiance's visitor visa and selected intended duration of stay on application form as 4 weeks. I have few questions and really hoping someone responds on this forum:

1) We will register our marriage in Canada and go for inland spousal PR sponsorship. What if my fiance is only granted a stay of 4 weeks at the border? Can we extend his stay while we register/apply for spousal PR?
2) Does my fiance need to say at the border that we'll be registering our marriage? That is declaring true intentions?

Thanks
1) How long your fiance is allowed into Canada will be up to CBSA. Normally visitors are allowed in for a default six months but a shorter allowed stay is always possible. Yes, you can apply to extend the stay.
2) Your fiance should only answer the questions that are asked and avoid too much detail (unless specifically asked). Declaring that you are coming to get married could raise concerns and make CBSA worried there's an intent to remain beyond the validity of the visa / allowed stay. I would state that the visit is for the purpose of visiting the fiance and avoid mentioning the marriage unless specifically asked.

eminemwww

Sep 27, 2022
1) How long your fiance is allowed into Canada will be up to CBSA. Normally visitors are allowed in for a default six months but a shorter allowed stay is always possible. Yes, you can apply to extend the stay.
2) Your fiance should only answer the questions that are asked and avoid too much detail (unless specifically asked). Declaring that you are coming to get married could raise concerns and make CBSA worried there's an intent to remain beyond the validity of the visa / allowed stay. I would state that the visit is for the purpose of visiting the fiance and avoid mentioning the marriage unless specifically asked.
update:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel
for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application.

i am shocked,i have about 60000 USD in my bank,and purpose i wrote visit my mother-in-law,but i wrote stayed 5 months since 2023 april to Oct,maybe that s the problem? look forward to ur kind reply,thank you so much

eemmmmaa

Oct 23, 2022
Here is my time line,
-Sep.11 applied from China
-Sep.12 bio.

Now 10.24th,still :We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Is there something wrong pls?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Here is my time line,
-Sep.11 applied from China
-Sep.12 bio.

Now 10.24th,still :We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Is there something wrong pls?
This is normal. Processing times are long right now. Nothing is wrong.