+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa requirements

erode

Jul 14, 2016
Hi Folks
As a canadian citizen ,I want to apply for visitor visa for my parents .I would like to know do I need to have a signature and seal by attorney for invitation letter? I know where I can find documents needed in immigration website .but still I am not clear about invitation letter. Could it be mailed? Can I email it to my parents or it should be mailed to them? Please respond if you have applied yourself or anyone near you have done that and you know by any of these experiences.Also,please clarify why do my parents need to fill out this application,Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union [IMM 5409].?
I just want to apply for my mother only ,not for my spouse or anything like that.

Thanks

Last edited:

Guiders

May 30, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged on 03-11-2014
AOR Received.
PER 29-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued on 02-04-2015. Passport received on 30-04-2015
LANDED..........
16-09-2015
Hi Folks
As a canadian citizen ,I want to apply for visitor visa for my parents .I would like to know do I need to have a signature and seal by attorney for invitation letter? I know where I can find documents needed in immigration website .but still I am not clear about invitation letter. Could it be mailed? Can I email it to my parents or it should be mailed to them? Please respond if you have applied yourself or anyone near you have done that and you know by any of these experiences.Also,please clarify why do my parents need to fill out this application,Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union [IMM 5409].?
I just want to apply for my mother only ,not for my spouse or anything like that.

Thanks
Hi,
You don't need a sealed attorney invitation letter. Simply write a detailed invitation letter, sign and email (if you're applying online because eventually they'll need to scan to apply online) - or mail if you're applying on paper.

see the following for invitation letter:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/letter-invitation.html

Common-law Union is where a couple lives together but aren't married.

erode

Jul 14, 2016
Hi,
You don't need a sealed attorney invitation letter. Simply write a detailed invitation letter, sign and email (if you're applying online because eventually they'll need to scan to apply online) - or mail if you're applying on paper.

see the following for invitation letter:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/letter-invitation.html

Common-law Union is where a couple lives together but aren't married.
Thanks for reply.did you or anyone you know applied for such visa? what about income statement? my parent will self support herself ,she may just reside in my apartment .thanks