+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Refused. Want to understand why?

harpoon31

Aug 2, 2017
Hi I received my rejection letter today but not able to understand why? below is the letter I received

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your temporary resident visa application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR).

I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am salaried person, employed in same organization for past 3 years with decent salary. I live with my wife & Parents and no kids. my sister is a citizen of Canada. she is married and have two sons. i have never met them and elder one is turning 5 in July. I wanted to attend his birthday and meet them in person. I submitted following documents:

My covering letter stating the reason

My Bank statement showing salary credits

My Paystubs

My leave approval letter of 3 weeks from employer.

My sisters Invitation letter guarantying the fooding & lodging support

Her bank statement and tax papers

Assets wise I had shown cash 4000 CAD in my accounts and multiple credit cards in good standings, mutual funds, FDs & RDs. I don’t own a house. My parents & wife are not working, and I am responsible for them so there was no reason I would risk my stable job by overstaying and I mentioned this in my cover letter too. Moreover, I wanted to meet my real nephews for the very first time. Can someone explain me the possible reason for denial?

harpoon31

Aug 2, 2017
Because your 3-week trip to Canada costs over 4000 CAD and the proof you showed doesn't cover it.
But I have Cards with limit of over 2 million Indian rupees and all in good standing. 4000 dollar was cash available. Moreover my sister had provided a letter that she will be responsible for my stay and food. I can't understand if they only want to look on cash available

Agam11

Jun 25, 2019
Bro sorry to hear,but if u don’t mind could u able to provide u r timeline.i has submitted my file on 11 June in Delhi,still waiting for decision as my travel dates was 2and 3 July which has passed already. Thanks

harpoon31

Aug 2, 2017
Bro sorry to hear,but if u don’t mind could u able to provide u r timeline.i has submitted my file on 11 June in Delhi,still waiting for decision as my travel dates was 2and 3 July which has passed already. Thanks
All the best for your application bro. Here are the timelines
Online application submitted: 21Jun
Biometric requested : 23 Jun
Biometric done : 27 June
Biometric acknowledged: 4 July
Rejection received :( : 5 July

Agam11

Jun 25, 2019
All the best for your application bro. Here are the timelines
Online application submitted: 21Jun
Biometric requested : 23 Jun
Biometric done : 27 June
Biometric acknowledged: 4 July
Rejection received :( : 5 July
Thanks

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
But I have Cards with limit of over 2 million Indian rupees and all in good standing. 4000 dollar was cash available. Moreover my sister had provided a letter that she will be responsible for my stay and food. I can't understand if they only want to look on cash available
I have no idea what 2 million rupees is equivalent to, but yes, they generally only look at cash.

Even if your sister will provide for your stay, they want the applicant to prove they will afford the trip entirely on his own.

Because the worst case is you will work in Canada illegally because you don't have enough cash. That's how IRCC visa officers think. The reasons they checked off were generic refusal reasons, but I reckon your savings did play a part in the decision.

I know for US tourist visa applications, they consider credit cards and relatives' sponsorship. But not Canada.