+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa refused over 179(b)

ask4sveta

Apr 19, 2018
Hi Guys

I was denied a TRV (visit visa) on the 12 of April 2018 on the basis of 179(b) subsection. The following reasons were given:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
  • You have not demonstrated sufficiently strong socio-economic ties to your home country.
You are free to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these ............bla bla bla

I have a 2 years US visa in my passport and have visited canada in 2015 to deliver a baby. I had all my bills paid and I am not owing the hospital or the Canadian government. With the above reasons by the Visa officer, I worry because I demonstrated lesser socio-economic ties in 2015 and was granted a visa. Now in 2018, I have been promoted to a manager in my organization(Investment Bank) with a good pay raise.

Please what are your thoughts and what you advice I do going forward

Hoping to get a quick reply

Regards

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Guys

I was denied a TRV (visit visa) on the 12 of April 2018 on the basis of 179(b) subsection. The following reasons were given:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
  • You have not demonstrated sufficiently strong socio-economic ties to your home country.
You are free to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these ............bla bla bla

I have a 2 years US visa in my passport and have visited canada in 2015 to deliver a baby. I had all my bills paid and I am not owing the hospital or the Canadian government. With the above reasons by the Visa officer, I worry because I demonstrated lesser socio-economic ties in 2015 and was granted a visa. Now in 2018, I have been promoted to a manager in my organization(Investment Bank) with a good pay raise.

Please what are your thoughts and what you advice I do going forward

Hoping to get a quick reply

Regards
IRCC most likely feels you abused your past TRV privileges since you used a TRV to have a baby in Canada. It's likely going to be difficult to get a TRV approved for this specific reason - and this is the reason for the purpose of visit refusal. In your 2015 TRV application I'm guessing you said that you wanted to visit as a tourist and ended up coming here to have a baby. IRCC will view this as a misrepresentation of your purpose of visit - and therefore doesn't trust what you are saying now.

I would hold off applying to visit Canada for a number of more years and work to build even stronger ties to your home country.

ask4sveta

Apr 19, 2018
IRCC most likely feels you abused your past TRV privileges since you used a TRV to have a baby in Canada. It's likely going to be difficult to get a TRV approved for this specific reason - and this is the reason for the purpose of visit refusal. In your 2015 TRV application I'm guessing you said that you wanted to visit as a tourist and ended up coming here to have a baby. IRCC will view this as a misrepresentation of your purpose of visit - and therefore doesn't trust what you are saying now.

I would hold off applying to visit Canada for a number of more years and work to build even stronger ties to your home country.
Thank you for your reply. I will call up the gcms and find out more

Jul 19, 2018
I was denied a PRV visa on the 19th of july 2018 on the basis of 179 (b) of the irpr.The following reasons were given :-
• I am not satisifed that you will leave canada at the end of yout stay temporary resident , as stipulated in paragraph 179 (b) of the irpr,based on y

Gwaga

Jul 2, 2018
I was denie a trv visa today, i am
a swedish permanent residence holder
With my common law partner in sweden:
The refusal note states:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

Have traveled to Germany, italy, switzerland and d

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I was denie a trv visa today, i am
a swedish permanent residence holder
With my common law partner in sweden:
The refusal note states:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

Have traveled to Germany, italy, switzerland and d
It's difficult to respond to your post without having more information.

1. What was the purpose of your visit and for how long?

2. Are you employed? If yes then since how long at your current employment?

3. What were the grounds for getting your Swedish permanent residence?

4. Your travel to the countries you mentioned are on the back of your Swedish PR and/or because entry is probably visa-free to those countries (under certain conditions). You have not traveled to visa-required countries such the US, UK, Australia, NZ, etc

Reactions: scylla

Gwaga

Jul 2, 2018
1.10days visit for an organisation event which takes 6days.

2.yes am employed 9months

3. Common law partner

4 . Have been to dubai

Aashmeet

Nov 12, 2018
I am a international student and i applied for my husbands visitor visa which got refused. I was married before coming to canada . What should i do the next? Shld i apply for his open work permit???? Can anyone help?

cash247

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
I am a international student and i applied for my husbands visitor visa which got refused. I was married before coming to canada . What should i do the next? Shld i apply for his open work permit???? Can anyone help?
Apply for his work permit since you have student status. You must be a full-time student, I believe.
Also check how long is your student permit valid for.
Good luck

Aboda

Nov 15, 2018
I am a master student in the UK and I have been to 3 different countries (UK, EU, ME) Coming back at time to my home country. I have more than 2000 GBP in my british bank account and 2000 USD in my home-country bank acount, arranging to visit my sister and brother in law during the holidays.

This is Canada’s answer:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.

heir2015

Star Member
May 12, 2016
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015-07-27
AOR Received.
2015-08-25
File Transfer...
2015-09-26
Med's Request
Remed req: 2016-10-26
Med's Done....
2016-10-24
Interview........
2016-10-25
Passport Req..
09-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2017
LANDED..........
28-01-2017
Hi,
I am permanent resident in canada.
My biological mother was deceased in 2008 and my father got remarried in 2016.
I did apply visitor for canada for both father and step mother.
My father got approval but mother visa refused. The reason that i dont have any proof of relation with my step mother like adoption paper.
I am confused now i am 34 years old married and have family here in canada.
My mother is legally married with my father and have proof of marriage affidavit.
Can anyone help me what i can do next or any solution.
Thanks

angel04

Jan 7, 2019
my visit visa was reject by saying I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation. what is this reason they are giving? I am female and i will prefer to stay with my family only and my family is in Saudi Arabia. I have USA Visa last year i been to USA so this year i plan to have trip to Canada so that i also knew how it is and we can promote the country also only when we explore that from our eyes... these officer have doubts only to take money...

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
these officer have doubts only to take money...
Like the $100 visa fee actually makes the Government of Canada money. I’m sure the current political climate between KSA and Canada won’t be overcome by your positive trip reviews. Canada isn’t the USA and we have our own immigration requirements, which they felt you don’t meet. Guess we will just have to live without your glowing travel review.

angel04

Jan 7, 2019
How he can say didnot meet Visa requirements only because he think? i have travel history and i dont want to live in Canada obviously i am female i will prefer my family only unlike Europe we have different system we live with our family. I just plan to visit USA and Canada a pleasant trip. Yes i think he want to give money to Canada Government only as they have many loss because of KSA and in return embassy staff will get incentives too.

angel04

Jan 7, 2019
now what is the next step? how can we make them believe we will come back?as he has only doubts i will not come back? how anyone can clear his doubts?