+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa refused? MP?

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aeldani10 said:
ya thats a good idea! thank you!

also when finished all the paper work, how long will it take to know if she has been approved?
Many people have been saying on these forums that procssing of a visa takes less time if the application goes through a VAC rather than online application. Recently, there was a posting of a lady whose husband applied for TRV online and after waiting for 4 months, he submitted an application through a Visa Application Centre (VAC) and received a possitive decision in less than 2 weeks.

aeldani10

Sep 23, 2013
really? i heard this is pretty quick, not like immigration, max a month. i guess well wait and see and apply ASAP.

Oh interesting, alright thank you, ill keep a note of that! hopefully this works out ASAP, got everything with proof that the CIC requires.

also is 3000.00 American cash okay enough to bring for 2 weeks as she wont need to be paying for shelter and stuff cause shell be living with me. Just a question because i also heard that the CIC wants to see how youll be paying for stuff on your visit or something like that.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aeldani10 said:
also is 3000.00 American cash okay enough to bring for 2 weeks as she wont need to be paying for shelter and stuff cause shell be living with me. Just a question because i also heard that the CIC wants to see how youll be paying for stuff on your visit or something like that.
You are right, CIC wants proof showing she has money to come to Canada as a tourist. 3000 dollars whether it is USD or CAD is certainly enough. Besides, she will be staying with you, so that money is not for hotel. Also, this is important: If she doesn't have that money and you do, write a "Letter of Support" saying you will provide shelter, food, and also mention that you have 3000 dollars for her to do touristy things with. And of course you should provide bank statement showing you have 3000 dollars.

aeldani10

Sep 23, 2013
thank you for all your help! One more Question.

so we got the following:

Passport
shes in great health
Letter request from a canadian resident for her
University letter stating she is enrolled in 2013/2014
Cash for tourism 3000.00USD

What else should i do for her before submitting the information to my lawyer so he can procces this request so that we can get an approval from the CIC ASAP??

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aeldani10, the two main issues CIC has is if she will return to her home country at the end of the visa and if she or the person inviting her has enough money for her to visit Canada. Clearly, you have addressed both of those issues. Submit the application as soon as possible and preferably not online as mentioned before.

This link gives you everything you need for the application: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

On a side note: Some people say include photocopy of the airplane tickets but that can be waste of money. You do NOT need to purchase airplane tickets at this time. You can send “Proposed Route” showing the flights she would be taking if the visa is approved. Do the flight search online as you would if you were purchasing the tickets for her, but you do not need to complete the transaction. Then copy and paste that information on a Word Doc. Itinerary or proposed route is part of the required documents.

aeldani10

Sep 23, 2013
I'm in Calgary, where is the nearest VAC. How do I submit it through them and not online. I can't find one or figure out how this works through VAC??

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aeldani10, the VAC your friend needs to go through for her TRV application is not in Canada, it is in her home country. Here is the link of the VAC in Lebanon: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Lebanon/index.html

Email all the forms to her. She will just print them out, sign/date them, and take all the documents to the VAC.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aeldani10 said:
she doesn't need to do a medical exam does she ?
Visitor visa does not require medical exam. The only time CIC asks TRV applicant to do medical exam is if they are coming to Canada to visit thier husband or wife.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@aeldani10

FYI - Medical exams requirements for temporary residents (visitors, students and workers)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-temp.asp

aeldani10

Sep 23, 2013
This visitor was previously married to someone from London England, when she was with him he tried to get her to Immigrate to London as his wife, she got denied 4 times for reasons like the house was to small he was older then her and really strange non major issues denied her of going there and now they're divorced . Anyways mmy question is will this have an affect on the visitor visa application to canada?? I really hope not