+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa refused? MP?

Kazexiii

Aug 24, 2013
Hello guys,

I am new here!

My family has lived in Canada for about 8 years and we have sent many visitor invitations to family members and they have all been accepted. Only one of the family members that we have sent visitor invitation to, got refused. We are planning to send her another invitation and I was wondering if its worth it to involve the MP? Do they even help with this kind of visa?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
MPs have no influence on the decisions made by CIC and can't overturn or change a decision. MPs are typically helpful when the processing of an application has taken too long - especially with spousal sponsorship applications.

For visitor visas, the best thing you can do to increase the chances of approval is fully address all of the reasons for refusal provided in the first letter. You want to include as much evidence as you can that demonstrates the person wanting to visit has strong ties to their home country and has no plans to remain in Canada long term. Emphasize ties to the home country as much as possible (e.g. proof of employment, proof of property ownership, etc.).

aeldani10

Sep 23, 2013
Trying to bring a family member over the christmas break from lebanon. Thats when she gets the time off because of university. Is Uni a good enough reason to bring her here just for 2 weeks??

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aeldani10 said:
Trying to bring a family member over the christmas break from lebanon. Thats when she gets the time off because of university. Is Uni a good enough reason to bring her here just for 2 weeks??
Write an Invitation Letter saying you want this family member to visit you over the Christmas Holidays. Her relationship with you matters, not her university break.

Good luck.

scrls5

Mar 20, 2013
Focus on the ties she has to Canada on the application, dont worry, I have received one rejection and have had two approvals after it, so its not all lost. But be sure that you provide STRONG evidence on whatever reason they marked for rejection

hladha

Aug 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad/London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2013
AOR Received.
August 2013
File Transfer...
Jan 2014 to London office
Med's Request
10 Dec 2014 (done)
Interview........
19 Jan 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19 Jan 2015
LANDED..........
25 Jan 2015
scrls5 said:
Focus on the ties she has to Canada on the application, dont worry, I have received one rejection and have had two approvals after it, so its not all lost. But be sure that you provide STRONG evidence on whatever reason they marked for rejection
where did you apply from?? and what was the time span between the first and the second application??

aeldani10

Sep 23, 2013
O_guy said:
Write an Invitation Letter saying you want this family member to visit you over the Christmas Holidays. Her relationship with you matters, not her university break.

Good luck.
Thank you i have the letter and all of her info, i was just told that the most important thing is they needed to make sure that she was gonna go back to lebanon after her visit and is Uni valid enough for them. she also has all her family they're. I really want this to work out.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aeldani10 said:
Thank you i have the letter and all of her info, i was just told that the most important thing is they needed to make sure that she was gonna go back to lebanon after her visit and is Uni valid enough for them. she also has all her family they're. I really want this to work out.
I think the fact that she is university student in Lebanon shows strong ties to her home country. However, words are not enough for CIC, they require proof. Ask her to get a letter from the university administration office saying she is enrolled at that university.

scrls5

Mar 20, 2013
hladha said:
where did you apply from?? and what was the time span between the first and the second application??
At that time I applied from Mexico and I reapplied within 3-4 days, I sent them a lot of concise, strong evidence

aeldani10

Sep 23, 2013
O_guy said:
I think the fact that she is university student in Lebanon shows strong ties to her home country. However, words are not enough for CIC, they require proof. Ask her to get a letter from the university administration office saying she is enrolled at that university.

Thank you for you reply, she will be getting the note on Monday. I hope this works out. Im praying!!

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aeldani10 said:
Thank you for you reply, she will be getting the note on Monday. I hope this works out. Im praying!!
Did she pay for the university? If so, she can ask them to mention on the letter that she has already made the full payment for the semester and hopefully CIC will see that to mean she intents to return.

aeldani10

Sep 23, 2013
ya thats a good idea! thank you!

also when finished all the paper work, how long will it take to know if she has been approved?

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
also when finished all the paper work, how long will it take to know if she has been approved?
Let her apply as soon as possible. It might take more than 2 months to get the visa.

On another note: ask her NOT to book a flight via the UK. My cousins were traveling last year from Beirut to Toronto via UK Heathrow airport, they had a problem because they didn't have a transit visa to the UK. some airlines ask for this visa, some don't. The best routes are via Paris or Amsterdam.