+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa refusal parents

ozaN

Nov 29, 2018
Hello everyone,

We've just received the refusal letter from CIC. It's based on travel history, family ties and purpose of visit.

We've been in Canada as family of three (kid, spouse and I) since July 2019.

We applied to visitor visa for my parents. Here are details;

• Both retired and receiving pension salary,
  • Trip would be 15 days for family visit and tourism,
  • Put 28000 Cad for savings and two houses where they live and a car and some stock exchange as financial proof.
  • Put invitation letter from us attached with pr cards, employment letter and volunteering reference letters from public school and library in Canada,
  • As travel history, we showed my mother's passport with UK visa and enter exit stamps from 2011. Also both parents passports with enter exit stamps for Germany from 2017.
  • For purpose of travel we uploaded travel itinerary for full visit here with activities such as sight seeing and family time. We didn't make a reservation for flight but we put the details of the flight as screen shot.
  • Also mentioned in the letter of explanation that they need to return at the end of the stay for spending religious holiday back in the country with their family, to keep looking after my mother's mother who is really old and to take care of their summer house and garden since summer is approaching.
I created an online profile for my mother and applied in the name of her. But didn't fill out family representative form since she applied for herself. And added my father as accompanying family member.

We tried to cover in our application all three area (purpose of visit, family ties and travel history) but still received a refusal. I read a lot from forum before we apply and couldn't make it. I don't know what to do now. Since I just started working here I don't have chance to go and see them for a long time.

Maybe I think it's because we are new immigrants here and applying for visitors visa for our family wasn't a good idea. Maybe my mother applied herself but she doesn't know English and visa officer thought how she filled and submitted lots of documents in English without any representative.

Could I please get your advise about what to do next or what was my mistake?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would suggest ordering GCMS notes. Could be a variety of things. Have you been working for a very long time? You just only recently moved to Canada so that could be a concern. Things like preparing a house and garden for summer do not create strong ties. Travel history from 2011 is not really relevant. Did they travel to Germany for tourism Nd how long did they stay?

Reactions: ozaN

ozaN

Nov 29, 2018
Would suggest ordering GCMS notes. Could be a variety of things. Have you been working for a very long time? You just only recently moved to Canada so that could be a concern. Things like preparing a house and garden for summer do not create strong ties. Travel history from 2011 is not really relevant. Did they travel to Germany for tourism Nd how long did they stay?
Thank you for you reply.

I have been working for about 5 months now. But yes we are new fsw immigrants just landed on July last year. Summer house and garden was just one reason it wasn't alone. They entered from Germany and visited Netherlands and Germany for about 5 days.

Since I am in Canada I can order gcms notes in behalf of them right. I just need their consent?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for you reply.

I have been working for about 5 months now. But yes we are new fsw immigrants just landed on July last year. Summer house and garden was just one reason it wasn't alone. They entered from Germany and visited Netherlands and Germany for about 5 days.

Since I am in Canada I can order gcms notes in behalf of them right. I just need their consent?
yes.

Dec 4, 2018
Thank you for you reply.

did you apply again? Any luck?