+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa query for newborn(2022)

ram0326

Feb 12, 2022
applied visitor visa for our newborn in Nov 2021 and still no updates
(Both the parents are PR)
We parallelly applied Sponsorship and received medical request few days ago.
Were you outside canada when applying for VV ?
Did you apply for PR sponrsorship after moving to canada ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Her PR expires on March 2024, so as per the calculations she should enter canada before Aug/sep of this year and stay till end of PR to achieve the RO of 730 days stay within canada.

What do you think about below approach, will this cause any issues for the wife/babies travel at the POE ?
"BTW, my WP is a closed work permit by my employer and not tied to my wife's PR. So we thought of a worst scenario as me travelling to canada first on my WP and then invite my baby by raising VV in the new portal which few people are saying is being processed within a month or two. Do you think there will be any issues with this approach ? "
Just want to clarify that you must meet the 730 days 5 years from your landing date not the expiry date of your PR card. When did she land and how much time has she spent in Canada?

Reactions: Naturgrl

ram0326

Feb 12, 2022
Just want to clarify that you must meet the 730 days 5 years from your landing date not the expiry date of your PR card. When did she land and how much time has she spent in Canada?
She got her PR in Mar 2020 and stayed till Nov 2020 before coming back to India for our marriage. So she got 9months covered already, only need to spend remaining days of 730 right.

Reactions: canuck78

RC@new

Jan 29, 2018
Wow thats frightening to hear. Baby's mother doesnt meet residency obligations, she lived close to 8 months as PR in canada before returning to India for our marriage and then lockdown happened followed by baby so she coudnt return.

We thought of getting VV for baby first, then all of us travel to canada and apply for PR sponshorship once in canada.

BTW, my WP is a closed work permit by my employer and not tied to my wife's PR. So we thought of a worst scenario as me travelling to canada first on my WP and then invite my baby by raising VV in the new portal which few people are saying is being processed within a month or two. Do you think there will be any issues with this approach ?
I have same case,I came back to India after getting PR and got married ,Covid happened could not travel back and then i gave birth in India.Applied for baby VV Jl,just waiting since then

zerofull800

Sep 29, 2021
@ram0326 I'm in the same position, WP approved and passport stamped, applied for my newborn on Feb 9th, medica passed on Feb 15th.
We're all in our home country waiting for babies visa.
If I get and update I'll post my timeline here;)

zerofull800

Sep 29, 2021
Medicals?? For vv?
If your dependent is going to stay in Canada for more than 6 months (the length of your contract) they need to provide medicals, unless they're exempt.

I have another child whom is 2 years old, and we had to provide medicals for her VV as well.

ram0326

Feb 12, 2022
@ram0326 I'm in the same position, WP approved and passport stamped, applied for my newborn on Feb 9th, medica passed on Feb 15th.
We're all in our home country waiting for babies visa.
If I get and update I'll post my timeline here;)
Great, please do share your timelines!!
Quick question, so when applying did you choose the reason as "To visit parent who is in canada temporarily such as international student or temporary worker"

zerofull800

Sep 29, 2021
Great, please do share your timelines!!
Quick question, so when applying did you choose the reason as "To visit parent who is in canada temporarily such as international student or temporary worker"
I did not because it asked for address which I don't have.

I just choose visit for business or pleasure I think, then I explained everything in the LOE. If you're using a consultant, you should run this with him/her.

ram0326

Feb 12, 2022
I did not because it asked for address which I don't have.

I just choose visit for business or pleasure I think, then I explained everything in the LOE. If you're using a consultant, you should run this with him/her.
Okay, I initially thought of selecting "To visit parent who is temp. worker" and provide an hotel address that im gonna stay for inititial few weeks.
But ya its better if am appying via proper consultant, searching for a good one.

ram0326

Feb 12, 2022
Okay, I initially thought of selecting "To visit parent who is temp. worker" and provide an hotel address that im gonna stay for inititial few weeks.
But ya its better if am appying via proper consultant, searching for a good one.
@zerofull800 hey, any update on your application ?