+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa processing timelines/approvals 2020-2021 for immediate family of PR/Temporary Resident

demonpreet

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
When answering the question on the application form about the purpose of travel, enter the following information exactly as written to make sure your application is prioritized:

• For question 1 a) purpose of travel, choose “other” from the drop-down menu.
  • For question 1 b) description field, write “COVID-19” exactly like this (you must use capital letters).

What to do if you’ve already applied for a visitor visa
Step 1: Email us, so we can prioritize your application
Email us only if you’re eligible to travel to Canada at this time. We won’t respond to any other enquiries.

Send your request to this email address: IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Make sure you include

• your full name
  • your date of birth
  • if you have an application in process
  • how you applied for your visa (online or by paper)
  • your application number and unique client identifier (UCI)
  • your passport number
  • a detailed reason for travel
  • the dates you plan to travel
  • where you live now (current country of residence)
  • your supporting documents to show you’re eligible to travel to Canada at this time (for example, the application for authorization and statutory declaration for extended family members)
Make sure you email us all required information and supporting documents in one email only.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html
HI!

I have a question regards to this email. Can I message you?

Luxp

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
No, I applied on Oct 10th...still waiting
Me too applied on 10 Oct for wife. Looking fwd to ur response after u receive ur result. I will update as well. About to raise a webform today. As per latest processing times, it's come down to 40 days from 150+ days. God knows how

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
Me too applied on 10 Oct for wife. Looking fwd to ur response after u receive ur result. I will update as well. About to raise a webform today. As per latest processing times, it's come down to 40 days from 150+ days. God knows how
Sure, I will update here as soon as I get an update.
I think sending a webform at this stage may slightly delay the application so I will hold off for now.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Sure, I will update here as soon as I get an update.
I think sending a webform at this stage may slightly delay the application so I will hold off for now.
The new portal has some crisis webform and I am not sure if it expedites or retards the pace of decision roll out

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
The new portal has some crisis webform and I am not sure if it expedites or retards the pace of decision roll out
The crisis form is intended to expedite the application but you should have a valid reason like a medical emergency or else your request would be overlooked without any action.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
The crisis form is intended to expedite the application but you should have a valid reason like a medical emergency or else your request would be overlooked without any action.
I personally know someone who had a pHAC approval and used the crisis webform and received a refusal. So this whole thing is riding a lot on luck from what I perceive of it

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
I personally know someone who had a pHAC approval and used the crisis webform and received a refusal. So this whole thing is riding a lot on luck from what I perceive of it
Expediting application doesn't mean a positive outcome and again it may be difficult to say why his/her application was refused without knowing other background details. And I agree, you need to put a good application and be lucky as well, have seen visa officers rejecting files for silly reasons.