+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa processing timelines/approvals 2020-2021 for immediate family of PR/Temporary Resident

mirmukaramali

Jun 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ST.claire
NOC Code......
NOT REQUIRED
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
NOT REQUIRED
Nomination.....
NOT REQUIRED
AOR Received.
14th may 2010
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
File Transfer...
30th may 2011
Med's Request
NOT REQUIRED
Interview........
nov 2013
Hello everyone since I applied for my mother in law. From oct 8th I see this message, does anyone has the same portal?
she has already done her biometric, but I still read from them(WE DID NOT RECEIVED YOUR BIOMETRIC)is it normal?
please advise and suggest.

Geep

Oct 31, 2018
Hello everyone since I applied for my mother in law. From oct 8th I see this message, does anyone has the same portal?
she has already done her biometric, but I still read from them(WE DID NOT RECEIVED YOUR BIOMETRIC)is it normal?
please advise and suggest.
@mirmukaramali same here. Biometrics is completed and we see the biometric information. But the message says "we need your fingerprints.........."

mirmukaramali

Jun 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ST.claire
NOC Code......
NOT REQUIRED
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
NOT REQUIRED
Nomination.....
NOT REQUIRED
AOR Received.
14th may 2010
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
File Transfer...
30th may 2011
Med's Request
NOT REQUIRED
Interview........
nov 2013
@mirmukaramali same here. Biometrics is completed and we see the biometric information. But the message says "we need your fingerprints.........."
Thats encouraging, thank you much for the update.
when did you apply ?

mirmukaramali

Jun 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ST.claire
NOC Code......
NOT REQUIRED
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
NOT REQUIRED
Nomination.....
NOT REQUIRED
AOR Received.
14th may 2010
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
File Transfer...
30th may 2011
Med's Request
NOT REQUIRED
Interview........
nov 2013
Reactions: Geep

4RyL

Jun 6, 2017
Applied: 20 Oct 21 via IRCC Portal
Applicant: Mom(unvaccinated); Sponsor: Myself
Visa Office Location: Accra
Biometrics: 11 Nov 21; PPR: 18 Nov 21

Reactions: mirmukaramali

Chandra1

Nov 13, 2020
My parents got PPR today for their Visitor Visa. Here is their timeline.

Applied on: 20th Sept 21 via Portal
Biometrics: 1st Nov 21
Biometrics accepted: 4th Nov 21
PPR: 4th Nov 21
Funds proof were not submitted for anyone
Applied from India
Both sons are living outside India
Strong ties - Submitted their property and pension docs
Hello Anura@06, congratulations!!
Could you help in below query:
I assume you applied via new portal (and not gckey). If yes, did you fill out separate applications for your father and mother, or was it just one application (one parent as primary other one as secondary).
I am asking as I am not getting that option in new portal. In the past I had applied in gckey and there I had applied keeping one as primary.

Chandra1

Nov 13, 2020
Hello Anura@06, congratulations!!
Could you help in below query:
I assume you applied via new portal (and not gckey). If yes, did you fill out separate applications for your father and mother, or was it just one application (one parent as primary other one as secondary).
I am asking as I am not getting that option in new portal. In the past I had applied in gckey and there I had applied keeping one as primary.
I think I found the answer: basically to click on group icon and update both parents names and applications

kk240391

Star Member
Oct 28, 2021
I applied for Visitor Visa from USA on Sep 23rd. No update after Oct 18th biometrics. Now I have to change my passport (personal reason although expiry is after 6 years) in December and travel to India for a period of 3-4 months. What if I receive PPR after I renewed my passport and temporarily residing in India? Is it ok to send new and old passport together? Can I send it to the requested consulate from India itself? For ex: Send passport to my wife in the US and send it to consulate for visa stamping via US address?
Any suggestions are appreciated..

Last edited:

Pmaan

Nov 19, 2021
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Mississauga,
I am applying for my brother to visit me as his representative.
My question is from representative form option D, your declaration. Does his wife also need to sign the paper? Because he is solo visiting me.(There is option shown as a"signat

goofy123

Aug 14, 2021
Everything but mine and couple of our friends here :)
Hi all,
1) If all applications are processed in New Delhi, shd we contact delhiimmigration [at] international.gc.ca for any requests / inquiries, rather than the ones at Blr/Mum?
2) Does PPR notification come via email and are there 2 mails, in case of 2 applicants (dad and mom)?
3) Can the passport be submitted in person in the VFS center? What is the appr. duration for this stage..?
Thanks.

PSVRao

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
I am a CoPR holder and i am waiting to land in Canada in about 4 weeks and then after landing and collecting PR card,hope to come back to India(in Jan( to get married for a few days and travel back.
With this being the case,can i apply for Visitor visa for my fiance without mentioning my relationship and then apply for spousal a bit later after i land back after marriage in Jan?
what would the timelines be like?
Don’t hide anything from IRCC. It may prove counter productive!! Apply for her trv before marriage. Then you need not hide anything. Also, if her visa is not approved before her marriage to you, you have to upload the change through a webform.

PSVRao

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
Hi all,
1) If all applications are processed in New Delhi, shd we contact delhiimmigration [at] international.gc.ca for any requests / inquiries, rather than the ones at Blr/Mum?
2) Does PPR notification come via email and are there 2 mails, in case of 2 applicants (dad and mom)?
3) Can the passport be submitted in person in the VFS center? What is the appr. duration for this stage..?
Thanks.
Yes you can contact at Delhi immigration. The PPR intimation will be made via email and separately for you mom and dad. At present no vfs is accepting passports personally. When you go for biometrics you can inquire there.