+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa processing timelines/approvals 2020-2021 for immediate family of PR/Temporary Resident

CanadaWP_2020

Star Member
Oct 4, 2020
App. Filed.......
August 1st week
Passport Req..
27 Nov 2020
Hello everyone, I need help in to submitting visitor visa for my parents .

Me and my husband are on work permit which is expiring next month but we have already applied for the extension which we should get by end of December.

Would you guys suggest me to wait for the extension approval to submit my parents visitor visa ? what is the current turnaround time ?

I was thinking that I will mention in the application they will only travel if our visa extension gets approved .

Please help . Thank you .

kuldip25

Mar 23, 2021
PPR request.

Visa office Mexico (applying from Honduras)

Purpose: for immediate family (mother) of a canadian citizen

1st applicartion: june 9th 2021
Biometrics: june 22th 2021
2nd application (new portal): september 25th 2021
PPR and BVL: November 1st 2021

We never got news nor ghost updated. Webforms, only got automated replies.

We included invitation letter and covid proof of vaccine.

We did not show proof of funds. No ticket sent.

My mom has an extensive travel history, including a valid USA visa. She has had 5 canadian visas in the past.

Good luck!!
Applied in March,21. Enough proof, Sr. Citizen, Govt. Pensioner etc. No response yet.
IRCC wake up

kuldip25

Mar 23, 2021
Please suggest what to do except reapply.
Applied March,21. Biometrics done in August. We are Sr. Citizen, Govt. Pensioners in India, good financial position. Daughter and son in law Canadian citizen.
No reply yet.

PSVRao

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
My parents got PPR today for their Visitor Visa. Here is their timeline.

Applied on: 20th Sept 21 via Portal
Biometrics: 1st Nov 21
Biometrics accepted: 4th Nov 21
PPR: 4th Nov 21
Funds proof were not submitted for anyone
Applied from India
Both sons are living outside India
Strong ties - Submitted their property and pension docs
No medicals for visitors visa??

inderbirdeol

Jun 4, 2015
I'm PR in Canada with wedding scheduled for 28th Nov 2021:

I applied visitor visa for my sister who is an IT professional in India.

Her timeline:
Application Submitted - Oct 14 2021
Biometrics - Oct 27 2021
Biometrics completed - October 27 2021 (shows in CIC Portal updated)
Background Check - We are process your background check.
Final Decision - Your application is in progress.
Country of Application: India

I applied for my parents too just before her and after their biometrics were done the got PPR within 3-5 days.

In my sister's I'm not sure why its taking so long.

Any feedback would be much appreciated guys.

Appu1987

Star Member
Sep 22, 2015
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 17
Doc's Request.
Jan15_pcc
Nomination.....
April10
AOR Received.
July 10
Med's Request
Dec. 11
Med's Done....
Sent on Dec 14
How long do the Delhi embassy take after they receive the passport

s.jagjit

Jul 18, 2016
I'm PR in Canada with wedding scheduled for 28th Nov 2021:

I applied visitor visa for my sister who is an IT professional in India.

Her timeline:
Application Submitted - Oct 14 2021
Biometrics - Oct 27 2021
Biometrics completed - October 27 2021 (shows in CIC Portal updated)
Background Check - We are process your background check.
Final Decision - Your application is in progress.
Country of Application: India

I applied for my parents too just before her and after their biometrics were done the got PPR within 3-5 days.

In my sister's I'm not sure why its taking so long.

Any feedback would be much appreciated guys.
I wish the visa is approved , but chances are 99.99 that ur sister visa will be refused if she is unmarried . Good luck

mtlcanada

Star Member
May 17, 2019
Hi, I'm a PR and wanted to bring my wife and 2 kids on a visitor/tourist visa from India,
How much is the total processing time for online applications to get visa in hand? and, Can I apply for them online being inside Canada?
Please advice.

dazzling_chd

Nov 13, 2021
Applied Oct 17 via GC Key. Biometrics submitted Nov 01, biometrics were updated on same day. Since than, status has been background check and application in progress. Did anyone here got approval via GC Key or should we just go for portal and re-apply. Don't want to waste time if they are not decisioning on gc key. Any suggestions would be helpful.

hariw256

Nov 14, 2021
I am a Canadian PR. My spouse has submitted her TRV application on Sep 2nd from India. She had attached the proof of vaccination etc as additional supporting documents along with her application.

Some of the forum members mention submission of a separate "Travel Exemption Webform" along with TRV. Is there a standard format for submission of the same?

alkom

Mar 19, 2013
Hi all, I applied visa for my parents on July 04, 2021 at Chandigarh and they weren't able to get bio-metrics till September 23, 2021 due to unavailability of appointments. It's been over a month and the application status just says ''we're processing your background check''.

Can I do something to expedite the application? Both my parents are fully vaccinated I saw some folks posting electronic travel authorization. I am not sure what that even is, can someone explain that to me?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ravirex

Apr 26, 2019
Hi,

My mother's and brother's visa is expiring in March 2022, and they would be travelling in April-May 2022, can I reapply for their visitor visa now, so that the visa might come in the next few months? I see the visa processing time from India is 200 days.

sunil238

Star Member
May 7, 2018
My parents applied for TRV (from India) on 9th October on the new IRCC portal. They got request for biometrics the next day (10th October) and completed biometrics on 25th October. Since then, there has been no update.
1. Should I be counting the 15/30 days waiting period from date of submission of application or date of completion of biometrics?
2. Also, I had read in another thread that applicants are submitting an additional form or something to indicate that they are fully vaccinated and are eligible to travel immediately. Not sure if this helps only GIC portal applicants or also helps IRCC portal applicants. Should we be submitting this as well for them to even consider picking up the application for processing?

While my parents are not planning on travelling in the next 2/3 months, I am wondering if the delay in processing the application is an indication of something wrong with the application. At present, eligibility review has not even started. Any help or pointers is highly appreciated.