+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa processing timelines/approvals 2020-2021 for immediate family of PR/Temporary Resident

Liveinthepresent

Mar 10, 2020
I applied Oct 12 for TRV spousal - dual intent. Everything on the PR spousal side has been complete since July - pre-arrival, criminality, eligibility, biometrics, medical and security. Have not heard anything on either.

devsamas

Oct 18, 2021
My parents got PPR today for their Visitor Visa. Here is their timeline.

Applied on: 20th Sept 21 via Portal
Biometrics: 1st Nov 21
Biometrics accepted: 4th Nov 21
PPR: 4th Nov 21
Funds proof were not submitted for anyone
Applied from India
Both sons are living outside India
Strong ties - Submitted their property and pension docs
Congratulations! I think officer must have waited only to get biometrics before updating decision.

Reactions: 3sports

PSVRao

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
My wife gave her biometrics today but her finger prints were not captured. We were told it is a common problem among women of 50+ years of age. Has anyone come across such an experience??

Luxp

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Has no one got PPR still for Spouse visa? I really wonder what is going on. This whole experience is making me feel so low and helpless

PSVRao

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
Are we require to give medicals for tourist visa?? Earlier, before the pandemic, tourist visa was sanctioned within 15 days. Medicals, etc are difficult within those 15 days.

Thanos007

Star Member
Nov 29, 2020
It is strongly suggested that you attach the return ticket as well, Visa Officer needs to be convinced that the visitor will return after the visit. Just my 2 cents
Haha you pay for it then. Don’t advise people to dump their money to waste to this useless government.

Thanos007

Star Member
Nov 29, 2020
I'm keeping my expectations low, the only reason I applied was because the recent processing times seems to be much faster than SOWP. So I thought of giving it a try.
Fingers crossed guys. All the best to all of you. Things will work out. Be positive. They will get their karma if now they do anything wrong.

Liveinthepresent

Mar 10, 2020
exactly, still waiting. No news for spouse visa in particular
In the same boat. As stated previously, my PR file is complete but sitting on a desk with no DM. Applied for visitor visa Oct 12 hoping it would be faster as we have basically everything passed on PR side. My file for TRV has not even been opened yet.