+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa processing timelines/approvals 2020-2021 for immediate family of PR/Temporary Resident

PR_FOR_CAD

Mar 10, 2016
nothing started... didnt see my family 2 years now... and they are already processing toursim applications... unfair unfair..
I can feel you bud...couple of my friends got approval just with in a month, that too they applied in Sep and Oct this year.

Jazz38

Jun 1, 2021
Got an update today
Application submitted: Sep 14 (outside canada)
Refusal letter: Oct 28

Refused because of the following reasons:

"I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as temporary resident
based on your family ties in canada and india
based on your purpose of visit"

I have stated the purpose as visiting to celebrate anniversary which is a true reason! she is working in India and for sure she will have to leave back anyways and wait until my other application gets completed (Spouse Sponsorship PR - i know this takes more than a year)

at this point i have no idea what kind of proof that i can submit

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ucantseeme

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Hi!

please, why did you apply twice?? And did you withdrew the first one???
Re-applied because I realized IRCC had a huge backlog of applications they received in the last two years, and thought it was highly unlikely they would process the first application.

And, I didn't withdrew the first one.

Sybrs

May 5, 2019
Have any of your parents got rejected before and reapplied after Sep 7 and got approved?
Myparents got rejected in Jan 2020. Reapplied April 2021.
Not sure if i should reapply right now

SpoualPRIND

Sep 30, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Need some help. My parents are in India and they have visitor visa until June, 2022 (as per old passport's expiry date). They have just received new passport and i was wondering if I can apply for visa renewal. I am not sure if CIC is approving visitor visa for parents at this moment.

fdido

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Hi All. Has anyone come across a situation where eligibility review started and then went back to the previous position? Appreciate some guidance.