+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa processing timelines/approvals 2020-2021 for immediate family of PR/Temporary Resident

Samar00

Jan 12, 2017
Timeline:

Application submitted: March 16, 2021
Biometrics submitted: March 24, 2021
Applying from: Saudi Arabia
Purpose of travel: Family visit - ( to visit my sons- three of them are permanent residents in Canada)

HOW DO I CHANGE THE PURPOSE OF TRAVEL TO "COVID-19"??

lost_identity

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Category........
Timeline:

Application submitted: March 16, 2021
Biometrics submitted: March 24, 2021
Applying from: Saudi Arabia
Purpose of travel: Family visit - ( to visit my sons- three of them are permanent residents in Canada)

HOW DO I CHANGE THE PURPOSE OF TRAVEL TO "COVID-19"??
Please fill out the form provided in the link and submit it. Also, don't forget to include applicant's current address, date of birth, passport no, why do you think you're exempt from visit and your intended duration of stay in the webform.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Crisis

Sardee

Feb 18, 2021
Category........
CEC
*URGENT*
Guys, i need help. I applied for my parents visitor visa in March 2020 and COVID-19 happened, i was TR at that time . They did biometrics in august 2021. i am PR now and want to make sure if their file is processed on priority basis. Our baby arrived in august 2021 and we desperately need somebody from family here in CA. Should i submit a regular webform or special measures one. M confused bw them, Plus can i be the inquirer? or it must be my father(main applicant for visitor visa). What documents should i attach with the webform? In webform Should i select temporary residence in drop down menu ? and in type of application- visitor record or just visa?
TIA

lost_identity

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Category........
*URGENT*
Guys, i need help. I applied for my parents visitor visa in March 2020 and COVID-19 happened, i was TR at that time . They did biometrics in august 2021. i am PR now and want to make sure if their file is processed on priority basis. Our baby arrived in august 2021 and we desperately need somebody from family here in CA. Should i submit a regular webform or special measures one. M confused bw them, Plus can i be the inquirer? or it must be my father(main applicant for visitor visa). What documents should i attach with the webform? In webform Should i select temporary residence in drop down menu ? and in type of application- visitor record or just visa?
TIA
Do you have your PR card yet or not!

np1610

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
I submitted request to all three vos on Friday, got generic reply from Delhi assuming that the application is at Chandigarh hoping to hear from them soon. Lets see. Thank you for the information.
What did you ask in "Enquire tab" by raising web-form in email
In above link there there are three Visa Office options for India, Delhi, Chandigarh and Bangalore.
I submitted web-form for all these VOs.

I am not sure, submitting webform will speed up the process. But it worked for few members so just suggested to do so.

Hope you get PPR soon
What did you ask in "Enquire tab" by raising web-form in email ?
Did you attach any documents for that ?

lost_identity

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Category........
Yes i have the PR card
Then raise a webform to the specific VO regarding the change in your status. Also raise a covid 19 travel exemption webform with all the supporting documents writing in detail how you qualify for the travel exemption. That should help expedite your visa application process.

The applicant should be doing all these if the IMM form for representative is not filled out at the time of the application.

Reactions: Sardee

Ranga0585

Jan 6, 2019
Hi Everyone curious to know if any temporary resident family member received a PPR in the recent time. Its been close to 9 months already and super frustrating to wait. Just want to hear something if its positive.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Everyone curious to know if any temporary resident family member received a PPR in the recent time. Its been close to 9 months already and super frustrating to wait. Just want to hear something if its positive.
Have you started your husband’s sponsorship? Unfortunately your husband was never guaranteed approval of a TRV so starting his sponsorship is what is the most important.

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
Sorry if already replied.. and I know there's less chance of approval as I'm PR.

I'm about to submit my spouse's outland PR sponsorship application. Can anyone please help with the following questions?

1. Can I apply for TRV based on family reunion before I submit that file or should I do that after submitting the file or after I get AOR ?
2. She's a freelancer so what should I do to show strong ties to the native nation ?
3. If I get any reply for TRV application - do I have to inform IRCC for spousal application ?
4. I have her PCC so will she required to do PCC again for TRV ?
5. I have paid for her biometrics already for spousal application so what should I do for TRV? and which one will come first?
6. For medical, is it required to do upfront for TRV? Also, for spousal, it will be after I get update from IRCC - is that right ?
7. Which are the required docs and proofs for applying for TRV

Thanks in advance for the reply.

rules87

Jul 21, 2021
Application Date: 21st July 2021
Biometrics Completion date: Nov 2019
Your relation: Mother
Purpose of visit(Essential or non-essential): Family re-unification. To be with my daughter during her delivery
Web form raised: 27th Aug. 2021
Approval date: not yet

vendod

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
I just received an email response from IRCC.INWorkspaceGamma-EspacedetravailGammaRI@cic.gc.ca for our webform request after 20 days. Below is the response but not sure if it is positive or not.

Subject: Request for an Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification

Good day,
We have received your enquiry and can confirm that a review of your application remains in process. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will be in touch with you when a final decision is made or if more information is required. To obtain more information, please fill out the IRCC Web form in order for it to be sent to the responsible Canadian visa office directly.

Due to the ongoing situation, IRCC offices are experiencing processing delays. Rest assured that they are making all the necessary efforts to process requests as soon as possible; however, having to respond to status updates on applications will affect the processing times.

Also note that during the review of your file, you are not considered to hold a valid Travel document. As such, you should not plan or undertake any travel to Canada until you are advised.

We thank you for your patience in this difficult time,

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada