+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa processing timelines/approvals 2020-2021 for immediate family of PR/Temporary Resident

Aftabshah2565

Star Member
Apr 27, 2021
Before PPR

Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
After PPR:
Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
My application status is
Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
Background check in progress

But still no update.

sripradheep

Star Member
Jun 4, 2021
did any one received their family visitor visa ( minor son or Spouse) from india??? - working in canada as a Temporary Resident ( work permit) for their family.

@veebee

Mar 9, 2021
did any one received their family visitor visa ( minor son or Spouse) from india??? - working in canada as a Temporary Resident ( work permit) for their family.
No , desperately waiting to receive ppr, I too applied for my 3 yr old kid on March 2021, no updates till now.

Aftabshah2565

Star Member
Apr 27, 2021
No , desperately waiting to receive ppr, I too applied for my 3 yr old kid on March 2021, no updates till now.
for my case, its 9 months now. still showing reviewing eligibility and BC in progress.
My question is, does taking longer time means greater chances of approval. Because I read somewhere that rejections come quite quickly.
Otherwise it will be very unfair that they reject applications after waiting so long.

2ndly the documents which I submitted are no more valid as of now, Will they ask for newer documents? I applied TRV from Dubai

Aug 13, 2021
for my case, its 9 months now. still showing reviewing eligibility and BC in progress.
My question is, does taking longer time means greater chances of approval. Because I read somewhere that rejections come quite quickly.
Otherwise it will be very unfair that they reject applications after waiting so long.

2ndly the documents which I submitted are no more valid as of now, Will they ask for newer documents? I applied TRV from Dubai

In the thread "Work permit delay in visa processing" there was a guy who waited since September 2019 and got refusal this month...

lost_identity

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Category........
Applicant: Spouse of a Canadian PR ( Visitor visa- Covid -19 family reunification)
Application date: Aug 20, 2021
Biometric request: Aug 21, 2021
Biometric completion: Aug 24, 2021
Raised travel exemption webform: Aug 26, 2021
Received generic email ( Request for an Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification): Aug 30, 2021
Raised another webform for specific visa office through the link provided in email: Aug 31, 2021

I am scared cz some of the guys received PPR right after receiving the Generic email. Should I be expecting PPR in a couple of days???

VJ2021

Aug 13, 2021
Applicant: Spouse of a Canadian PR ( Visitor visa- Covid -19 family reunification)
Application date: Aug 20, 2021
Biometric request: Aug 21, 2021
Biometric completion: Aug 24, 2021
Raised travel exemption webform: Aug 26, 2021
Received generic email ( Request for an Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification): Aug 30, 2021
Raised another webform for specific visa office through the link provided in email: Aug 31, 2021

I am scared cz some of the guys received PPR right after receiving the Generic email. Should I be expecting PPR in a couple of days???
Hi could you pl let me know country of the applicant ?

Samar00

Jan 12, 2017
Application Date: 8th Dec 2020
Biometrics Completion date: 13th Jan 2021
Country of residence: UAE, Dubai
Your relation: Spouse
Purpose of visit(Essential or non-essential): To unite with spouse
Approval date: Pending
I raised 2 webforms requesting for ircc authorization approval. no luck. hopefully we may start seeing pprs for visit visa
Hello, how did you raise a webform? Alos, do you know how can we email them to change the purpose of travel to "COVID-19"? thanks