+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa processing timelines/approvals 2020-2021 for immediate family of PR/Temporary Resident

Harshkp

Star Member
May 25, 2016
My husband's details - He is mentioned as the representative in IMM5476e form
Did you mention any details regarding prioritising the application ? or just information for person who is supposed to get visitor visa and information of representative ?

If you don't mind can you share the exact wording for what you sent ? ( obviously without any personal details )

Harshara

Mar 21, 2021
Category........
VISIT
please did you include any attachments in your webform. If so what did you include please?
My passport copy
My Birth certificate
My mom's passport copy
All these to prove that she is my Mother (Mom's name is available in my passport and Birth certificate)
My PR card copy
My husband's OCI card copy
(To prove that she is a immediate family member of a Canadian PR)
My mom's Vaccination certificate

This form is mainly to prove them that you exempt from the Canadian travel restrictions.So you can attach even more documents which you feel will make your request stronger and relevant of course.

bumstar1

Mar 24, 2019
My passport copy
My Birth certificate
My mom's passport copy
All these to prove that she is my Mother (Mom's name is available in my passport and Birth certificate)
My PR card copy
My husband's OCI card copy
(To prove that she is a immediate family member of a Canadian PR)
My mom's Vaccination certificate

This form is mainly to prove them that you exempt from the Canadian travel restrictions.So you can attach even more documents which you feel will make your request stronger and relevant of course.
Thanks. You didn’t include anything to prove the child’s due date etc

Harshara

Mar 21, 2021
Category........
VISIT
Thanks. You didn’t include anything to prove the child’s due date etc
No I didn't.Bcz I have already attached my pregnancy reports when I submitted the application.I don't want to reiterate about pregnancy bcz post covid only ppl are mentioning about pregnancy more in their Visa application.
So I was quite afraid to mention it again thinking that it may lead to rejection.

Taro.rosemont

Aug 12, 2021
Hello my friends, I received following email today, what does it mean? Should I do any things?
Subject: Request for an Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification
Good day,
We have received your enquiry and can confirm that a review of your application remains in process. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will be in touch with you when a final decision is made or if more information is required. To obtain more information, please fill out the IRCC Web form in order for it to be sent to the responsible Canadian visa office directly.
Due to the ongoing situation, IRCC offices are experiencing processing delays. Rest assured that they are making all the necessary efforts to process requests as soon as possible; however, having to respond to status updates on applications will affect the processing times.
Also note that during the review of your file, you are not considered to hold a valid Travel document. As such, you should not plan or undertake any travel to Canada until you are advised.
We thank you for your patience in this difficult time,
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada

JaiCanada

Feb 9, 2018
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-05-2018
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Med's Done....
12-06-2018
Passport Req..
27-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2018
LANDED..........
02-11-2018
Purpose of visit(Essential or non-essential): Family Reunification of an Immediate Family Member of a Canadian PR holder
hi @Canada_2021_ may I know where I’m the application process you select this purpose of visit?

We have been waiting since September 2020 probably we can do this with a fresh application.

(TRV outside Canada applied Sept 2020, from India, for parent, biometrics already completed in August first week 2021).

Canada_2021_

Jul 7, 2021
hi @Canada_2021_ may I know where I’m the application process you select this purpose of visit?

We have been waiting since September 2020 probably we can do this with a fresh application.

(TRV outside Canada applied Sept 2020, from India, for parent, biometrics already completed in August first week 2021).
Hi
you can use this link (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html) to prioritize your application. Check `What to do if you've already applied for a visitor visa` section.

Reactions: JaiCanada

Canada_2021_

Jul 7, 2021
Thank you very much for your quick reply. Please did you include any attachments in the webform, if so please what attachments did you include?
for me i submitted PR copy, birth certificate, passport copies, Vaccination certificate. but you can submit any of the following documents to provide evidence of immediate family member. (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html)
  • a marriage certificate or proof of common-law status (documents showing a shared address)
  • a birth certificate
  • a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) for one of the following:
    • the family class (the COPR category under Application Details will be FC)
    • the one-year window of opportunity provision (coded as OYW under Special Program)
  • other documents that show an immediate family connection, for example
    • correspondence from us showing a spousal sponsorship application in progress
    • documents that show a shared home address

Reactions: bumstar1

Canada_2021_

Jul 7, 2021
Hello my friends, I received following email today, what does it mean? Should I do any things?
Subject: Request for an Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification
Good day,
We have received your enquiry and can confirm that a review of your application remains in process. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will be in touch with you when a final decision is made or if more information is required. To obtain more information, please fill out the IRCC Web form in order for it to be sent to the responsible Canadian visa office directly.
Due to the ongoing situation, IRCC offices are experiencing processing delays. Rest assured that they are making all the necessary efforts to process requests as soon as possible; however, having to respond to status updates on applications will affect the processing times.
Also note that during the review of your file, you are not considered to hold a valid Travel document. As such, you should not plan or undertake any travel to Canada until you are advised.
Sincerely,
You can submit the webform using the link provided in the email. (To obtain more information, please fill out the IRCC Web form in order for it to be sent to the responsible Canadian visa office directly.)

bumstar1

Mar 24, 2019
Good day,
Sincerely,
What’s your timeline please

Canada_2021_

Jul 7, 2021
3 VO? can you please guide me? I have submitted web form but no reply it's more that 20 days.
In above link there there are three Visa Office options for India, Delhi, Chandigarh and Bangalore.
I submitted web-form for all these VOs.

I am not sure, submitting webform will speed up the process. But it worked for few members so just suggested to do so.

Hope you get PPR soon

Jesse_mj

Dec 28, 2019
In above link there there are three Visa Office options for India, Delhi, Chandigarh and Bangalore.
I submitted web-form for all these VOs.

I am not sure, submitting webform will speed up the process. But it worked for few members so just suggested to do so.

Hope you get PPR soon
I submitted request to all three VOs and got a generic reply from Delhi which states as follows, there is no update from Bangalore and Chandigarh, did you get any revert from Delhi before PPR, as you mentioned that you got generic replies from Bangalore and Chandigarh. Were those generic replies similar to this?

Dear Client,

Thank you for your email.

The Government of Canada has suspended all direct commercial and private passenger flights to Canada from India until September 21, 2021. The High Commission will not be organizing repatriation flights during this period. Please remain in contact with your travel agent and airline for the latest updates.

Fully vaccinated travellers eligible to enter Canada under current border restrictions may be exempt from some testing and quarantine requirements. Refer to the following webpage for additional information.

COVID-19 vaccinated travellers entering Canada - Travel restrictions in Canada – Travel.gc.ca

Passengers who travel to Canada from India via an indirect route need to obtain a pre-departure negative COVID-19 molecular test result from a third country before continuing their journey to Canada (https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/flying-canada-checklist/covid-19-testing-travellers-coming-into-canada?utm_campaign=gac-amc-covid-20-21&utm_source=travel-covid_travel-restrictions_flying_&utm_medium=redirect&utm_content=en#types).

Review Canada’s travel advice for India and register with us at https://travel.gc.ca/ .

Canada_2021_

Jul 7, 2021
I submitted request to all three VOs and got a generic reply from Delhi which states as follows, there is no update from Bangalore and Chandigarh, did you get any revert from Delhi before PPR, as you mentioned that you got generic replies from Bangalore and Chandigarh. Were those generic replies similar to this?

Dear Client,

Thank you for your email.

The Government of Canada has suspended all direct commercial and private passenger flights to Canada from India until September 21, 2021. The High Commission will not be organizing repatriation flights during this period. Please remain in contact with your travel agent and airline for the latest updates.

Fully vaccinated travellers eligible to enter Canada under current border restrictions may be exempt from some testing and quarantine requirements. Refer to the following webpage for additional information.

COVID-19 vaccinated travellers entering Canada - Travel restrictions in Canada – Travel.gc.ca

Passengers who travel to Canada from India via an indirect route need to obtain a pre-departure negative COVID-19 molecular test result from a third country before continuing their journey to Canada (https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/flying-canada-checklist/covid-19-testing-travellers-coming-into-canada?utm_campaign=gac-amc-covid-20-21&utm_source=travel-covid_travel-restrictions_flying_&utm_medium=redirect&utm_content=en#types).

Review Canada’s travel advice for India and register with us at https://travel.gc.ca/ .
I didn't get any email from Delhi VO, before PPR. Received similar email from Bangalore and Chandigarh.