+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Passport Submission & Return time

avlesk

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Hi I just got this response from VFS
VFS Global​
Your application, tracking ID No. 20220303UXXXX has been dispatched to the IRCC Office,on Fri Mar 04 2022 for processing
Good - You will receive your passport back in 2-3 days

Last edited:
Reactions: Brinds15

avlesk

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Does that mean my passport has dispatch from Canada or
Did VFS sent my PP to Canada just today I’m confused?
They have sent it to Canada. Since it is just a matter of pasting new visa on your passport, they do it within a day and send it back and it usually comes back within a day. Once it is done and while your PP is in transit, you can check your new visa record showing up in IRCC site

mashfaq565

Star Member
Jan 24, 2022
They have sent it to Canada. Since it is just a matter of pasting new visa on your passport, they do it within a day and send it back and it usually comes back within a day. Once it is done and while your PP is in transit, you can check your new visa record showing up in IRCC site
Oh that great , thank you

FYI, I’m located in USA does the process will take same duration or may vary from which country I’m applying from?
also where can I track my status other than IRCC website?

avlesk

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Oh that great , thank you

FYI, I’m located in USA does the process will take same duration or may vary from which country I’m applying from?
also where can I track my status other than IRCC website?
You cannot track it until it reaches them but they will send you continuous emails. Stay calm and all will be fine in the next 5 days. I live in US too :)

Brinds15

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
You cannot track it until it reaches them but they will send you continuous emails. Stay calm and all will be fine in the next 5 days. I live in US too :)
I am sailing in same boat (For my brother’s passport)…. keeping fingers crossed… We have a family function on 12th March and hope he can attend

mashfaq565

Star Member
Jan 24, 2022
I am sailing in same boat (For my brother’s passport)…. keeping fingers crossed… We have a family function on 12th March and hope he can attend
VFS Global​
The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. 20220303USNYxxxx has been received from the IRCC Office on Fri Mar 04 2022 at the Canada Visa Application Centre, Canada Visa Application Centre, New York and is ready for collection. For details on the location and hours of operation of our VAC, please refer to our website at: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/USA. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do not reply to this email.
Regards,
VFS Global

mashfaq565

Star Member
Jan 24, 2022
Just got this email, when can I expect my PP

VFS Global​
The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. 20220303USNYPKxxxxx has been received from the IRCC Office on Fri Mar 04 2022 at the Canada Visa Application Centre, Canada Visa Application Centre, New York and is ready for collection. For details on the location and hours of operation of our VAC, please refer to our website at: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/USA. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do not reply to this email.
Regards,
VFS Global

Brinds15

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
VFS Global​
The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. 20220303USNYxxxx has been received from the IRCC Office on Fri Mar 04 2022 at the Canada Visa Application Centre, Canada Visa Application Centre, New York and is ready for collection. For details on the location and hours of operation of our VAC, please refer to our website at: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/USA. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do not reply to this email.
Regards,
VFS Global
Ohh wowwww lucky u… We are still waiting for an update. The last we had was that the passport is at Canada office

mashfaq565

Star Member
Jan 24, 2022
Ohh wowwww lucky u… We are still waiting for an update. The last we had was that the passport is at Canada office
Hope within a day you’ll get another email.
So mine does it mean it reached to NYC VFS post stamping from Canada??

avlesk

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Hope within a day you’ll get another email.
So mine does it mean it reached to NYC VFS post stamping from Canada??
It means it had already reached NYC. The VFS has to generate a shipping label, and send it to you. In a day, you should get the Fedex tracking number with overnight delivery.

Brinds15

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
It means it had already reached NYC. The VFS has to generate a shipping label, and send it to you. In a day, you should get the Fedex tracking number with overnight delivery.
Wowww That was fast
I too am hoping we get an update soon