+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Passport Submission & Return time

avlesk

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Hi,
I am applying for a visitor visa from US. We submitted our application end of Dec and got approval today to submit passport. However, My wife has to travel to India on emergency and we cannot submit PPs within 30 days. If we submit the passports later, will it be accepted? also, even if I submit mine alone now, how much time will it take to get the passport back?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi,
I am applying for a visitor visa from US. We submitted our application end of Dec and got approval today to submit passport. However, My wife has to travel to India on emergency and we cannot submit PPs within 30 days. If we submit the passports later, will it be accepted? also, even if I submit mine alone now, how much time will it take to get the passport back?
Which portal did you apply ? GC Key or IRCC Portal?

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015
Is that guaranteed or safe? Want to know if we can send the passport tomorrow and get it before Feb 2.
There are no guarantees. No one will give you that. You have a choice to make to take the risk or not.

Reactions: BA101

avlesk

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
There are no guarantees. No one will give you that. You have a choice to make to take the risk or not.
hmm.. makes sense. If I cannot submit within 30 days, can I request in anyway to extend the duration to 60 days or later?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
hmm.. makes sense. If I cannot submit within 30 days, can I request in anyway to extend the duration to 60 days or later?
Call the IRCC Customer support center and speak to someone to get the right clarity on this.

avlesk

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Call the IRCC Customer support center and speak to someone to get the right clarity on this.
Hi, I am in US. Can I still call this helpdesk?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html

• telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)
    • Automated telephone service—available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
      • If you have a touch-tone telephone, you can listen to pre-recorded information about our programs, and check the status of your application.
    • Client Support Centre agents—Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., your local time, except for statutory holidays. Services are available in French and English.
      • Agents can help you with general and case specific enquiries. They cannot:
        • make decisions on applications
        • help process applications faster, unless you meet the criteria for urgent processing

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi, I am in US. Can I still call this helpdesk?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html

• telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)
    • Automated telephone service—available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
      • If you have a touch-tone telephone, you can listen to pre-recorded information about our programs, and check the status of your application.
    • Client Support Centre agents—Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., your local time, except for statutory holidays. Services are available in French and English.
      • Agents can help you with general and case specific enquiries. They cannot:
        • make decisions on applications
        • help process applications faster, unless you meet the criteria for urgent processing
Yes this is the number to call

Reactions: avlesk

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015
The applicant can ask for more time, but I do not think it is useful. Decisions take long these days. Better to push whatever plans he had until the passport is stamped and returned.

Reactions: BA101

avlesk

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
or what is the ph
The applicant can ask for more time, but I do not think it is useful. Decisions take long these days. Better to push whatever plans he had until the passport is stamped and returned.
Our application is approved. It is just that we are unable to submit our passports within the next 30 days as my family member is already traveling to India on a personal emergency, and will return only after 30 days. I have submitted it as a request via helpdesk. Our concern is not to have any visa refusal on our record for any country (We do not have one currently).

mashfaq565

Star Member
Jan 24, 2022
Hi,

mashfaq565

Star Member
Jan 24, 2022
Hello Brother,

just a quick question I got my approval too last week. They have sent me an email to submit yhe passport for visitors visa stamping. With the link in a email to find the location of VAC centers. But I’m not able to find the right information on VAC sites to send the passport. I live in Texas.

Can you please help me advising the instructions on how to send and return the passport being in Texas. Thanks