+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Passport Submission & Return time

avlesk

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Hi All, Sorry to post this here.. I followed the thread and thought to ask my situation.

I'm still to receive my passport back. Anyone else still waiting with similar timelines?

Timeline:
Passports delivered to Ottawa - Feb 2nd 2022
Application approved and portal updated with counterfoil - Feb 24th
Passports sent back - still waiting

Courier: UPS
return label with envelope included in the original package along with my passport.
Country of residence: US
Visa Category: Visitor Visa
Passport: Indian Passport

Not sure what was the cause of delay. Couldn’t able to call them also . Any inputs on how much time it takes to get the passport from them after visa approval??
Hey ! 3 week delay to get passport back is too much. In my case, I got the PP within a day of approval. Only diff is that we used VFS shipping label instead of sending our own. Better call them (VFS NY or LA) and inquire.

deepurach1989

Mar 10, 2022
Hey ! 3 week delay to get passport back is too much. In my case, I got the PP within a day of approval. Only diff is that we used VFS shipping label instead of sending our own. Better call them (VFS NY or LA) and inquire.
Do they answer our calls ? the number provided on the portal is not working. Tried web chat option as well. no luck. I have my travel coming up in April to India and this delay is really frustrating.

r_ca

Mar 7, 2022
I have no clue about personal information consent form. But for additional documents, you can share any documents that you want to submit which you could not provide in the main application. In my case, I worked with more than 3 employers in the last 10 years. So, I expanded the missing details in a letter adding remaining employers that I couldn't submit in the main form. Think of it as a custom document that you can provide with relevant documents if they are not captured as part of the existing forms.
Hi All, Sorry to post this here.. I followed the thread and thought to ask my situation.

I'm still to receive my passport back. Anyone else still waiting with similar timelines?

Timeline:
Passports delivered to Ottawa - Feb 2nd 2022
Application approved and portal updated with counterfoil - Feb 24th
Passports sent back - still waiting

Courier: UPS
return label with envelope included in the original package along with my passport.
Country of residence: US
Visa Category: Visitor Visa
Passport: Indian Passport

Not sure what was the cause of delay. Couldn’t able to call them also . Any inputs on how much time it takes to get the passport from them after visa approval??
That's a huge delay, we got ours stamped and returned in less than a week through VFS courier label (FedEx), its a super easy process to pay and get the label! I think in your case, its UPS and they might not be prioritizing it.

deepurach1989

Mar 10, 2022
That's a huge delay, we got ours stamped and returned in less than a week through VFS courier label (FedEx), its a super easy process to pay and get the label! I think in your case, its UPS and they might not be prioritizing it.
May be .. when I see the passport delivery date and counterfoil issue date , there is 22 calendar days gap. Are they really prioritizing FedEx over UPS .. shipment # is not activated yet . Hope this week .. my travel is coming near and have to go in April mid to india.. .. in these situations, can we re apply for a Indian passport in US ? May be with a lost reason ? Will there be any future consequences?? I am okay to loose the Canada Visa for now.. I should have opted for VFS NY instead of going directly

deepurach1989

Mar 10, 2022
May be .. when I see the passport delivery date and counterfoil issue date , there is 22 calendar days gap. Are they really prioritizing FedEx over UPS .. shipment # is not activated yet . Hope this week .. my travel is coming near and have to go in April mid to india.. .. in these situations, can we re apply for a Indian passport in US ? May be with a lost reason ? Will there be any future consequences?? I am okay to loose the Canada Visa for now.. I should have opted for VFS NY instead of going directly
Hey .. quick update. I received email from CPC Ottawa office ., they said my return label has incorrect FROM address and asked me to regenerate and email back with pdf attached. I just did . Atleast I am happy that my passport is coming now tomorrow or Monday big relief

avlesk

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Hey .. quick update. I received email from CPC Ottawa office ., they said my return label has incorrect FROM address and asked me to regenerate and email back with pdf attached. I just did . Atleast I am happy that my passport is coming now tomorrow or Monday big relief
Ya. Whenever you deal with these situations, it is better to go with their courier.

deepurach1989

Mar 10, 2022
Ya. Whenever you deal with these situations, it is better to go with their courier.
Update : got an email from IRCC saying that “u have new message on your profile “ . When I login into my GC Key account, found a letter from IRCC. It contains the details of dispatching my passport today. I should be receiving my passport in this week.

Reactions: avlesk

deepurach1989

Mar 10, 2022
Hi , my FedEx tracking activated today. Here is my final timeline

Application Received: Dec 21st 2021
Bio-Metrics Submitted: Jan 15th 2022
PP request received : Jan 24th 2022
PP send to Ottawa from US ( no VFS involved) : Feb 2nd 2022
Visitor Visa approved : Feb 24th 2022, Counterfoil issued.
Passport Return Delayed Reason : I sent incorrect return UPS shipment label where FROM address has wrong name.
Return Label Request Email came from IRCC : March 17th 2022 , Responded on same email on same day with FedEx shipment
Passport Dispatched Finally : March 22nd 2022 to my US address.

Thank you all for your inputs . This discussion forum really helped me.. !! Good Luck to other members !!!

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Also, I sent it via the LA VFS. Not NYC
Hi, Is it our choice where to send the passports? Because we have only 2 VACs in US? This is regarding passport submission to our mother-in-law who got PPR recently for her Super Visa. Applied from India(right now in US). Planning to submit it o NY vfs but seems like there are crazy delay right now. So i just came across this post and checking here if it can be sent to LA as well?

Thanks

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi Did you submit it to VFS NY or VFS LA??

Lsingh2212

Star Member
Jun 8, 2022
VV for Parents
Applied - 20 April 2022
Biomatrices - 25 April 2022
Country - India
PPR - Aug 10 2022
PP picked up by Blue dart - 12 aug 2022
PP delivered to VFS -16 aug 2022
PP in transit to IRCC -17 aug 2022
PP processing at IRCC office - 18 aug 2022

Reactions: sg125

Lsingh2212

Star Member
Jun 8, 2022
VV for Parents
Applied - 20 April 2022
Country - India
PPR - Aug 10 2022
Visa approved on portal - 23 aug 2022
PP Dispatched - 24 aug 2022 Expecting it to be delivered on 26 aug (Update)

Lsingh2212

Star Member
Jun 8, 2022
VV for Parents
Applied - 20 April 2022
Country - India
PPR - Aug 10 2022