+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Passport Submission & Return time

avlesk

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Were you able to see the change in your application on ircc portal?
I applied through GC Key (Again, I applied for first time, and never knew the difference). While my passport was in transit, I was able to see the new visa number and expiry date in the portal.

avlesk

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
They are totally stupids who are sitting there . Not even clear where to find the letter. Is it invoice or payment they should mention. Just saying confirmation means not enough. Pathetic process. I will try sending invoice receipt . Thanks
I agree on documentation and instruction gaps. However, if you had paid for the courier fee, it generates the application reference number much earlier. By the end of payment, it will show link to download the confirmation letter and it will also be emailed. Just curious - how did you submit your passport? They need a copy of this letter.

Brinds15

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
I applied through GC Key (Again, I applied for first time, and never knew the difference). While my passport was in transit, I was able to see the new visa number and expiry date in the portal.
Oh okay…. and did you already got the passport back? I mean how many days does it take from NY office to reach the applicant. I heard NY office is badly loaded and so it does get delayed

avlesk

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Oh okay…. and did you already got the passport back? I mean how many days does it take from NY office to reach the applicant. I heard NY office is badly loaded and so it does get delayed
I applied in LA office. I have already received the passport on hand on Feb 28th. Here is my timeline (Yesterday, I sent my wife's passport)

My PP timeline

Feb 14 - 2-way courier label generated & couried
Feb 16 - courier delivered

Feb 23 - Your application, tracking ID No. XX has been dispatched to the IRCC Office,on Wed Feb 23 2022 for processing
Feb 24 10 AM - Your application, tracking ID has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on Thu Feb 24 2022
Feb 24 4 PM - The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. XX has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, to the Canada Visa Application Centre in USA, Los Angeles
Feb 25 11am - The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. xx has been received from the IRCC Office on Fri Feb 25 2022 at the Canada Visa Application Centre, Canada Visa Application Centre, Los Angeles and is ready for collection.
Feb 25 11:45 am - The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. XX has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, Canada Visa Application Centre, Los Angeles on Fri Feb 25 2022 via courier partner. Please use Tracking id. or the AWB number provided to track the shipment on the courier partners website after 24hrs.
Feb 28 : received PP at home

P.S: I also did my biometrics in the LA office

Brinds15

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
I applied in LA office. I have already received the passport on hand on Feb 28th. Here is my timeline (Yesterday, I sent my wife's passport)

My PP timeline

Feb 23 - Your application, tracking ID No. XX has been dispatched to the IRCC Office,on Wed Feb 23 2022 for processing
Feb 24 10 AM - Your application, tracking ID has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on Thu Feb 24 2022
Feb 24 4 PM - The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. XX has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, to the Canada Visa Application Centre in USA, Los Angeles
Feb 25 11am - The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. xx has been received from the IRCC Office on Fri Feb 25 2022 at the Canada Visa Application Centre, Canada Visa Application Centre, Los Angeles and is ready for collection.
Feb 25 11:45 am - The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. XX has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, Canada Visa Application Centre, Los Angeles on Fri Feb 25 2022 via courier partner. Please use Tracking id. or the AWB number provided to track the shipment on the courier partners website after 24hrs.

Thank you so so much for this timeline. So basically i assume once the passport leaves visa office it comes in hand within one business day

r_ca

Mar 7, 2022

My PP timeline

Thanks for sharing this, whats the tracking ID number? I tried with reference number it din't work

avlesk

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Thanks for sharing this, whats the tracking ID number? I tried with reference number it din't work
It was a dynamic number. It didn't resolve in Fedex. I never attempted to track it. The only thing that I was able to track was the final tracking no that indicated the passport delivery.

r_ca

Mar 7, 2022
It was a dynamic number. It didn't resolve in Fedex. I never attempted to track it. The only thing that I was able to track was the final tracking no that indicated the passport delivery.
Okay thanks, I will wait for an update, I have seen the same pattern for my passport renewal with vfs, they'll take time to update after we submit application.

faiqsheikh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
I'm submitting documents on IRCC portal. They are asking to provide documents in " Consent Personal Information" & "Additional Documents". Could you please confirm what type of documents I have to provide in these two fields.

Further, I have merged all PDF files but not more than 2MB we can add size.

deepurach1989

Mar 10, 2022
Hi All, Sorry to post this here.. I followed the thread and thought to ask my situation.

I'm still to receive my passport back. Anyone else still waiting with similar timelines?

Timeline:
Passports delivered to Ottawa - Feb 2nd 2022
Application approved and portal updated with counterfoil - Feb 24th
Passports sent back - still waiting

Courier: UPS
return label with envelope included in the original package along with my passport.
Country of residence: US
Visa Category: Visitor Visa
Passport: Indian Passport

Not sure what was the cause of delay. Couldn’t able to call them also . Any inputs on how much time it takes to get the passport from them after visa approval??

avlesk

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
I'm submitting documents on IRCC portal. They are asking to provide documents in " Consent Personal Information" & "Additional Documents". Could you please confirm what type of documents I have to provide in these two fields.

Further, I have merged all PDF files but not more than 2MB we can add size.
I have no clue about personal information consent form. But for additional documents, you can share any documents that you want to submit which you could not provide in the main application. In my case, I worked with more than 3 employers in the last 10 years. So, I expanded the missing details in a letter adding remaining employers that I couldn't submit in the main form. Think of it as a custom document that you can provide with relevant documents if they are not captured as part of the existing forms.