+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (Parents) January 2021.

mehsam009

Aug 19, 2017
Hi All,

I will be applying for visitor visa for my parents end of Feb as I plan to call them in Summers, my father already visited me back in 2018 but due to passport renewal I need to apply again for him. Is there any confirmation whether visitor visa is been approved lately ?

Do I need to send the exemption email before applying ? Anyone was able to schedule the biometric in India or it is still closed

Regards,
Sam

Debkumar

Nov 14, 2020
Hi I am planning to apply visitor visa for my parents. Since I am applying online do my parents need to sign the forms and then scan and upload or directly upload. But since my father is the primary applicant and along with my mother do I need to get the family representative form signed by my father for my mother or can I directly upload since this is an electronic application. Kindly help.

Russell123

Feb 15, 2021
I am a PR, from bangladesh and planning to bring my mother with visit visa to help my wife as we are expecting on Aug. I failed to locate the link to apply for her. I got PR applying by myself so it should be easy to nevigate the visit visa application.....but now it seems very confusing and I tried for last 2 days but failed to start the application online. Its like a never ending puzzle. Can I talk to someone who applied recently pls for some guidance? I can give my number if someone pls reply me in my email m.a.quiyum@gmail.com. please help. Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am a PR, from bangladesh and planning to bring my mother with visit visa to help my wife as we are expecting on Aug. I failed to locate the link to apply for her. I got PR applying by myself so it should be easy to nevigate the visit visa application.....but now it seems very confusing and I tried for last 2 days but failed to start the application online. Its like a never ending puzzle. Can I talk to someone who applied recently pls for some guidance? I can give my number if someone pls reply me in my email m.a.quiyum@gmail.com. please help. Thanks.
The link to apply for a TRV is here:

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

Hope this helps.

mehsam009

Aug 19, 2017
Hi All,

I will be applying for visitor visa for my parents end of Feb as I plan to call them in Summers, my father already visited me back in 2018 but due to passport renewal I need to apply again for him. Is there any confirmation whether visitor visa is been approved lately ?

Do I need to send the exemption email before applying ? Anyone was able to schedule the biometric in India or it is still closed

Regards,
Sam
Can someone please review and reply ?

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I am going to apply visitor visa for my parents and brother in next few weeks. I am a PR and have few queries related to the application. Would be grateful if someone from the forum can answer following queries from their experience:

1. Shall I have a single application for my parents and brother. My father is retired, mom is a house wife and brother is employed. I will be providing Proof of Funds and other documents for my parents and brother. I will also include employment related documents for my brother.
2. Can I mention pregnancy as the reason for them to visit or can this cause rejection considering the current pandemic situation.
3. I am planning to have a single invitation letter for 3 of them. Is this fine?
Have you made any progress on this front? I'm planning to bring my parents and brother as well.

newgirly2020

Feb 19, 2021
Hi all,
I am new to this forum., I am a PR and live in Canada since 1 year 3 months. I I want to invite my father who is Indian and lives in United Arab Emirates. ( his Canadian visitor visa expired a few months ago) to Canada to visit us, particularly our new baby son, he is the 1st grandchild in our family and to celebrate his 1st birthday. My mother has a valid visitor visa. I didn't find a job so far. My parents will take the responsibility of their travel and other all expenses from their own earnings and savings and will show the necessary bank statements.

They both have a good travel history and travelled to Canada too as tourists . If I send the invitation letter to my father, will the IRCC will consider since I can not give a job title ? I can provide accommodation since I have my own house.

Please advise. Thanking you in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all,
I am new to this forum., I am a PR and live in Canada since 1 year 3 months. I I want to invite my father who is Indian and lives in United Arab Emirates. ( his Canadian visitor visa expired a few months ago) to Canada to visit us, particularly our new baby son, he is the 1st grandchild in our family and to celebrate his 1st birthday. My mother has a valid visitor visa. I didn't find a job so far. My parents will take the responsibility of their travel and other all expenses from their own earnings and savings and will show the necessary bank statements.

They both have a good travel history and travelled to Canada too as tourists . If I send the invitation letter to my father, will the IRCC will consider since I can not give a job title ? I can provide accommodation since I have my own house.

Please advise. Thanking you in advance.
He has to show that he can afford to travel. You can send an invitation letter. You don’t have to mention your job title. If approved, both your parents will need to pre-pay the 3 day mandatory, hotel quarantine when arriving in Canada plus the negative Covid test prior to boarding.

newgirly2020

Feb 19, 2021
He has to show that he can afford to travel. You can send an invitation letter. You don’t have to mention your job title. If approved, both your parents will need to pre-pay the 3 day mandatory, hotel quarantine when arriving in Canada plus the negative Covid test prior to boarding.
Thank you so much for your response. I appreciate that.. Yes they will do. My father has to keep a copy of my mother's visitor visa? Is it possible to get any sample invitation letter?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you so much for your response. I appreciate that.. Yes they will do. My father has to keep a copy of my mother's visitor visa? Is it possible to get any sample invitation letter?
Invitation doesn't need to be fancy just be honest and short. Include the details already stated. If they have traveled to Canada before and not remained that helps approval. For a TRV a visitors savings is the most important. He should include proof of why he must return to the UAE. The fact that he is living in a 3rd country is the one issue that makes his application not as straight forward. Normally you have to show ties to your home country.

newgirly2020

Feb 19, 2021
Invitation doesn't need to be fancy just be honest and short. Include the details already stated. If they have traveled to Canada before and not remained that helps approval. For a TRV a visitors savings is the most important. He should include proof of why he must return to the UAE. The fact that he is living in a 3rd country is the one issue that makes his application not as straight forward. Normally you have to show ties to your home country.
Thank you so very much for your advice

David 0011

Feb 6, 2021
I apply for visa through the immigration in Canada and I did biometric on November 10 2020 but I have not had from them till now. Please tell me how to check my status online but didn't apply online so if there is away to check my status online let me know

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
I apply for visa through the immigration in Canada and I did biometric on November 10 2020 but I have not had from them till now. Please tell me how to check my status online but didn't apply online so if there is away to check my status online let me know
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html
Paper applications can be linked online, if that's what you are looking for. Please refer the link.