+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa or Express Entry

kynno

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
USA
NOC Code......
Hey Guys,

I'm new on the forum and I have never been to Canada before. I've been living in the US for the last 12 years but originally from Haiti. I'm looking to make the move to canada as a permanent resident via the Express Entry FSW program. I've been reading on it for the last few months and I have a pretty good idea of what the process entails and all that I have to do. I'm actually planning to start with it this week by scheduling to take the english test later this June and get my ECA completed via WES and then set up my profile.

My question now is, I was also thinking about applying for a visitor visa, can I still do that and also apply for the Express Entry FSW? Will that cause an issue with my application for EE? Or should I just save my money and just go through the process for EE?

Also, In general, anyone applying for PR via EE FSW, how long does the whole thing usually take?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you all. Any answers, advices, tips are all greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Arod

May 15, 2017
Also, In general, anyone applying for PR via EE FSW, how long does the whole thing usually take?
I´m not sure about the visitor visa thing. But regarding this question, it is my understanding that once you get an ITA it takes the Canadian government 6 months or less to complete your application as long as you provide all required documents.

Given that you are from Haiti I assume you speak French, so you could take the French test as well and add some more points to your score in case you need them.

kynno

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
USA
NOC Code......
Given that you are from Haiti I assume you speak French, so you could take the French test as well and add some more points to your score in case you need them.
Thank you for the response Arod. It is true that I know french as well, though not to the level I once had it 12 years ago. Unfortunately, I have not had any practice so while I do understand it really well, I can read it without any issues. The challenge is the speaking and the writing part because it's hard to formulate good sentences with proper grammar etc. At this point, I am more comfortable with English than I am with French, but as you mentioned it is definitely a backup plan for increasing my score once I see where I am at after setting up my profile.

kynno

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
USA
NOC Code......
Hi

You can apply for a TRV. It will not have any effect on a PR app.
Thank you for confirming. I guess I'll start with it at the same time then.

By the way, i know in my research to get the tourist visa, I'm seeing that I have to create an account, will I be using that same account to create the EE profile or will it completely different?

Please advise.

Thank you.

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
Thank you for confirming. I guess I'll start with it at the same time then.

By the way, i know in my research to get the tourist visa, I'm seeing that I have to create an account, will I be using that same account to create the EE profile or will it completely different?

Please advise.

Thank you.
You can use the same account

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
Thank you for the response Arod. It is true that I know french as well, though not to the level I once had it 12 years ago. Unfortunately, I have not had any practice so while I do understand it really well, I can read it without any issues. The challenge is the speaking and the writing part because it's hard to formulate good sentences with proper grammar etc. At this point, I am more comfortable with English than I am with French, but as you mentioned it is definitely a backup plan for increasing my score once I see where I am at after setting up my profile.
Even if it does not help much with the EE points it should be enough to help you getting a nomination from Ontario as French speaker. The test itself is not that hard.

kynno

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
USA
NOC Code......
Even if it does not help much with the EE points it should be enough to help you getting a nomination from Ontario as French speaker. The test itself is not that hard.
I didn't think about it that way. I guess that's why the forums are such great tools for sharing information. I will definitely look into it then.

Thank you so much for pointing this out.