Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 May 2010
Doc's Request.
18 October 2010
Nomination.....
CHC London 15 Jan 2011...
AOR Received.
1st AOR 18 Oct 2010 / 2nd AOR 16 June 2011..
IELTS Request
All Done..
File Transfer...
PARIS OFFICE
Med's Request
13 March 2013
Med's Done....
10 April 2013
Interview........
Medicals Results Received 15 Aug 2013...
Passport Req..
29 Sep 2013 Submitted @ Abu Dhabi U.A.E
VISA ISSUED...
01 Oct 2013
LANDED..........
Celebrated White Christmas in Vancouver..2013.
today i got the courier for VFS global new delhi.
multiple entry visa approved for my father...
applied on 23 march visa approved within 05 working days.

paper based visa application filed.

Thanks

all praise to Jesus.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
PhdStream said:
Applied TRV (purpose of visit "Family Visits") for my father on March 26, from Nepal (VO is Delhi). Received 2 emails immediately with "You have a message" and there were messages about "Transmission" and "Application submission". Again receive a message with "Update" but no update. I am not expecting anything, either rejection or passport request, before May from them.
Very good news, received passport request this morning.

Ys246

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
If CIC requested to submit my passport to visa office, does it means a CIC decision is still under consideration or application is approved ?

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Ys246 said:
If CIC requested to submit my passport to visa office, does it means a CIC decision is still under consideration or application is approved ?
Nothing is sure unless you received the passport with visa stamp.

chau01

Star Member
May 29, 2006
PhdStream said:
Nothing is sure unless you received the passport with visa stamp.
And If CHC emials that application has been approved and submit passport, does it mean Visa approved?

M

mikeymyke

If they said your app has been approved, then yes you got the visa. If they simply ask for you to submit passport with no mention of approval or not, it doesn't mean you got the visa. There are many cases where people have passport request, thinking they got the visa, only to get a refusal letter instead.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
chau01 said:
And If CHC emials that application has been approved and submit passport, does it mean Visa approved?
I did not receive the letter suggesting application approval. Even I applied TRV for myself (in 2014) and my wife (in 2015), texts are more or less same, except personal info and bar codes. It just suggest that a decision had been made and they need original passport. Excerpt of the letter is as below

===========================================================================================
Dear Applicant<Full Name>
This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application.

Passport requirements

• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.

Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure
to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your
passport.

To find out where to send your passport, visit our website: www.cic.gc.ca/submit

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Attention: The unique client identification (UCI) number in the upper left corner of this letter is your personal identification
number. For your own protection, do not allow any person, other than an authorized representative, to use this number as
it provides access to personal information on your file.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada

chau01

Star Member
May 29, 2006
mikeymyke said:
If they said your app has been approved, then yes you got the visa. If they simply ask for you to submit passport with no mention of approval or not, it doesn't mean you got the visa. There are many cases where people have passport request, thinking they got the visa, only to get a refusal letter instead.
I so hope they dont change their mind by the time they get the passport :)..... they did say in email application is approved.

monish88

Star Member
Jul 16, 2014
MARCHIE said:
today i got the courier for VFS global new delhi.
multiple entry visa approved for my father...
applied on 23 march visa approved within 05 working days.

paper based visa application filed.

Thanks

all praise to Jesus.
Hi Marchie, Congrats for your Dad getting a multiple entry visa!
Could you help me on this one?

1)When you say you applied for paper based application, it means you applied through VFS?
2)Also, since I want to invite my Mom, Dad and Sis, shall I provide one letter of invitation to both Mom and Dad & then separate copy for my Sister?
3) Shall I create 3 different CiC Accounts for 3 family members on MY CiC?
4) I am planning to apply from VFS Mumbai now as I heard that online applications are taking time.

Mar 17, 2016
Can someone explain online vs in person application's to me?

There is purposely some lack of information on CIC's part here to keep people misinformed. Clearly the two processes are different, but nobody seems to know the actual answer, WHICH one is faster, and WHO processes them?

I applied online mistakenly thinking that an online application should obviously be handled by a visa center WITHIN Canada, which would make the most sense. When I called CIC they told me this isn't the case, and that it is forwarded to the visa application center corresponding to that country and they deal with it, in that particular country.

Now I am hearing from various sources that paper applications are faster and easier to get approval. There is so much misinformation here and conjecture. I purposely applied online because I was worried about corruption on the part of the officials working in the VAC in foreign countries. I'm confused why online applications are even sent there in the first place.

The real issue here is I'm applying for a TRV for a Vietnamese and the online processing time is estimated over 3 months, totally ridiculous. I need some real information whether to withdraw my application and reapply in person at the VAC in ho chi minh, which would make it much faster as we are in danger of missing the flights prepurchased.

My friend when visiting the VAC in ho chi minh was told by staff there that a paper application takes 2-3 weeks to process. What gives??

Agi2009

Nov 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th September 2015
Doc's Request.
20th may 2016 additional proofs was requested...may 26 2016, everything was sent
AOR Received.
November 2015
File Transfer...
24th Nov 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
July 4th 2015
Interview........
probably not
Passport Req..
by his light
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
the door will open soon
Good evening guys!!! I was just wondering...which from do I need if I wanna give my mum an invitation for a year plz? She is in Ghana coming to canada. And my next question is, will she need a police report as well as medical report? And where do we mail the application forms plz? And lastly, can me and my siblings join together to apply? Thanks in advance