+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa online application

clarasclass

Jun 18, 2015
Bryanna said:
Your aunt's and uncle's retirement will not affect your TRV.... for a TRV, the applicant's financial situation + strong ties to his/her country of residence matter more than the Hosts' documents (although their documents are important too). You can also give proofs of how you are related to them.

You must provide evidence of your employment/business + financial situation (investments + bank statements) + family ties + property ownership/lease agreement + previous travel history helps (although it is not essential) + any other reasons for you to return home
Once again, Bryanna thank you for responding. I never imagined that forum sites would be this helpful and informative. This is my first time to join a forum.

I'll make sure that these documents would be ready before I head on with my intention to apply for a tourist visa. I pray that I get to be approved.

omoteek

Jul 9, 2015
pls I need advice, I applied for 6 month trv last month and the ties I have to my home country is my job.
so am just thinking how it might be for them to grant me a visitors visa. :(

omverma

Jun 26, 2015
Hello everyone, i have applied visitor visa online from india on 18 june and then i got two messages of update but no changes in the status then i waited for more days, after 2 weeks again i got the same mail of update but still it has no change in status, now its 22 days completed but no status update till now, can anyone help???

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
omverma said:
Hello everyone, i have applied visitor visa online from india on 18 june and then i got two messages of update but no changes in the status then i waited for more days, after 2 weeks again i got the same mail of update but still it has no change in status, now its 22 days completed but no status update till now, can anyone help???

My applications timeline might give you an idea

Applied: March-30-2015
Received about 3 to 4 emails in-between saying that there is an update on file (Though there was only one actual update i.e. Passport Req.)
Original Passport Request: April-14-2015
Passport Submitted via VFS: April-17-2015
A final decision has been reached, This application has been approved: April-22-2015
VFS Website says: Passport has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre on April 22, 2015
Passport Received with VISA Stamp: April 24, 2015

You will get all your answers in the below page:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/visitor-visa-online-application-t258887.75.html

omverma

Jun 26, 2015
thanks. from which country you applied? you got the passport request in around 15 days. my application has taken over 23 days. little worried and also too late now.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
omverma said:
thanks. from which country you applied? you got the passport request in around 15 days. my application has taken over 23 days. little worried and also too late now.
India (New Delhi)............. don't worry you will get an update on your application very soon !
And kindly share your detailed timeline here once your get an update, might help the other applicants.

Thanks

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
jashim said:
Hello Everyone,
I have some query regarding online application for my wife's TRV from Bangladesh:

1. To fill up the Employment section of IMM5257 form she needs extra space (she worked in four different position but the form has three slot) and the guideline says that If you need more space, print out an additional page of the form, complete this section and submit it with your application. My question is how can I upload the additional page as the online system allow one document only for the IMM5257 upload?

2. Also after completing the main/first IMM5257 form a barcode will be created after validation that will be devoid of her additional page information for sure. So the second IMM5257 form will have just one of her employment information. Does she need to create the barcode of her second IMM5257 form? If yes then again where she upload the second IMM5257 form?

3. In the family information form, Section B tells that If no children are listed sign below. However there is no way to paste signature or type name of that (IMM5645) form. what is the solution?

Waiting for your valuable suggestions.
Hello Jashim,
Did your wife receive TRV? Did you apply online to SVO? How many days SVO took to let you know the decision? Thank you.

MARCHIE

Jan 8, 2011
Vancouver ....Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC LONDON UK-----Transferred to PVO 7Feb 2013
NOC Code......
3152 ( Registered Nurse )
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 May 2010
Doc's Request.
18 October 2010
Nomination.....
CHC London 15 Jan 2011...
AOR Received.
1st AOR 18 Oct 2010 / 2nd AOR 16 June 2011..
IELTS Request
All Done..
File Transfer...
PARIS OFFICE
Med's Request
13 March 2013
Med's Done....
10 April 2013
Interview........
Medicals Results Received 15 Aug 2013...
Passport Req..
29 Sep 2013 Submitted @ Abu Dhabi U.A.E
VISA ISSUED...
01 Oct 2013
LANDED..........
Celebrated White Christmas in Vancouver..2013.
visitor visa online application for Parents.

Hey guys can you give some out put on candidates who would like to call their families on visit visa but cant afford super visa.
what all would be required to make the case stronger to get a TRV.

Is online option better or paper bases.

TorontoFerrari

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
11-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
28-02-2014
Med's Done....
03-03-2014
Passport Req..
18-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2014
LANDED..........
29-03-2014
Hi Senior members, I need help regarding online visa application for my parents living in India.
I have prepared all the document & they also prepared all documents except two related to financial :
1). My father is a retired government teacher & as per checklist he needs retirement certificate indicating amount of your pension. My father doesn't have such document, they can provide bank statement with pension amount. Is that sufficient?
2). House registry - As their house registry is in Hindi language. Do you think affidavit in English along with copy of first page of registry document will work? If so, what's the content for the same?

Thanks for your help.

MARCHIE

Jan 8, 2011
Vancouver ....Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 May 2010
Doc's Request.
18 October 2010
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
All Done..
File Transfer...
PARIS OFFICE
Med's Request
13 March 2013
Med's Done....
10 April 2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
01 Oct 2013
LANDED..........
Hi guys,

can i fill the online application on my dad behalf.

will the paper application be better than the online.

kinldy advise.

YQ

Sep 15, 2015
Hello. I need some some help regarding TRV that we get after Post Graduate Work Permit. I am currently outside Canada and have post graduate work permit.
Please guide me about following queries.

1) I am currenly in Pakistan and want to apply for TRV and the paper application form asks for proof of financial support. Can I attach bank statements of parents as proof?

2) I will soon be travelling to UAE so If I apply from there, can I use the same proof of financial support like the bank statements of parents whose bank accounts are in Pakistan?

Admin and other members, Please help! I am in a fix.. Or guide me to any appropiate link/ person that can help! Thank you.

MARCHIE

Jan 8, 2011
Vancouver ....Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 May 2010
Doc's Request.
18 October 2010
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
All Done..
File Transfer...
PARIS OFFICE
Med's Request
13 March 2013
Med's Done....
10 April 2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
01 Oct 2013
LANDED..........
guys/gals please advise,

i am applying TRV for my father (widower), but he is not able to attach the property documents in the application due to some disputes.
he is a retired govt officer and have his pension saved in the bank account with approx 20K$ in total bank assest.

kindly advise will the application without property doc suffice the requirement for TRV.

recruitskm

May 30, 2014
Can someone help me with the contact info for online TRV applications. I have submitted online application for my parents in India (they are currently in Punjab).
The system has transmitted the application online on 15th February and since then i didn't hear anything from them. There is no change on the online status of the application in these weeks, neither someone contacted my parents for additional information. CIC is showing the current processing time as 17 days however its been more than that in my case.

Does anyone in the forum share some expert's advise in such case ? that would be appreciable.

Sachin

pbcanada

Apr 16, 2015
Friends,
Kindly advise,

If for TRV of Canada, someone do not have invitation letter, is hotel booking sufficient ?
How much are the chances of getting visa with hotel booking compared to invitation letter?

Regards,