+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa online application

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
mickeyindia said:
Hi Guys,

So i managed to apply for an online TRV for my parents 02 June. My parents are from Tamilnadu (very far from Chennai - 500kms).
Looks like there is a lot of wait time for processing online TRV's from India but in some cases passport request have happened around a week/ten days.

I see the online status as "Open". Bangalore VO indicates 14 days of processing time.

Is that still the case? Any one who applied recently for an online TRV from India.. what is the usual processing time. My parents are from Tamilnadu so the consulate should be Bangalore/New-Delhi?
Folks who have got passport request , submitting to VFS is the only way?

Thanks,
Good luck for your parents application, the online application is convenient but it takes about a month to get processed (regardless of Visa Office). Please go through my previous posts (Mostly on Page 3) in this group to see how the case proceeds step by step and what to expect !

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@ mickeyindia

After you get passport requests, they must submit their passports to VFS/CVAC.... you can see the previous page for my post on how to do this

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gst8486 said:
Good luck for your parents application, the online application is convenient but it takes about a month to get processed (regardless of Visa Office). Please go through my previous posts (Mostly on Page 3) http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/visitor-visa-online-application-t258887.30.htmlin this group to see how the case proceeds step by step and what to expect !
Thanks a lot . the information you guys have on this forum is very handy and helpful..
My parents have previously visited canada on a TRV and they have a valid USA visa. will they be considered under CAN+ program? However i had not been able to select Can+ anywhere in the online application. I read the processing is faster... Anyone info on this?

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bryanna said:
@ mickeyindia

After you get passport requests, they must submit their passports to VFS/CVAC.... you can see the previous page for my post on how to do this
Thanks Bryanna.. I'll ask them to be prepared to travel to chennai to submit passport.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
mickeyindia said:
Thanks a lot . the information you guys have on this forum is very handy and helpful..
My parents have previously visited canada on a TRV and they have a valid USA visa. will they be considered under CAN+ program? However i had not been able to select Can+ anywhere in the online application. I read the processing is faster... Anyone info on this?
The form for TRV and CAN+ are the same..... that's the reason why you could not select CAN+ as such.

You must mention you are applying for CAN+ in the Invitation/Cover Letters.... even if you apply for CAN+, the visa office will decide whether or not your application will be processed under CAN+

Yes, processing is faster.... it is necessary to prove entry/exit stamps for previous visits to the US in the last 10 years

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bryanna said:
The form for TRV and CAN+ are the same..... that's the reason why you could not select CAN+ as such.

You must mention you are applying for CAN+ in the Invitation/Cover Letters.... even if you apply for CAN+, the visa office will decide whether or not your application will be processed under CAN+

Yes, processing is faster.... it is necessary to prove entry/exit stamps for previous visits to the US in the last 10 years
Thank you. I forgot to add request of CAN+ processing in the cover letter. However I have mentioned the previous travel to Canada and a valid USA visa.

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Folks,

I have got the online TRV message for passport request for my parent's online application.
However my parents couldn't travel to chennai and one of my uncle is willing to help submit the passport on their behalf.He is my mom's brother so surely will be safe to hand it over to my uncle.

I am thinking of asking my parents to provide authorization letter for my uncle to submit the passport on my parent's behalf.
Is there any available authorization letter on VFS that needs to be submitted? I can't find one. If there's any standard format can you please refer me to one.Basically looking for what details to include in this letter.If someone can please help here it would be great.

Plus thinking of the fees for passport submission for online application is it 579 + return courier of 342.
Is the Application Handling of 724 to be added as well? Just wanted to make sure we give instructions to my uncle.

As a Checklist for passport submission through a representative:
1)Original passport
2) Letter from CIC requesting passport
3) Authorization letter signed by applicant
4) 579 + 342 fees.
5) VFS consent letter with page 3 signed with the representative name

Will this suffice?

Thanks

clarasclass

Jun 18, 2015
I got a question too...

I have an Aunt and an Uncle who lives in Toronto. I want to apply for a Visitor Visa but if in case they would invite me for an interview, what documents should I bring along with me? Should I ask documents from my relatives living in Canada? If so, what kind of documents should I ask from them?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
clarasclass said:
I got a question too...

I have an Aunt and an Uncle who lives in Toronto. I want to apply for a Visitor Visa but if in case they would invite me for an interview, what documents should I bring along with me? Should I ask documents from my relatives living in Canada? If so, what kind of documents should I ask from them?
Interviews are quite rare for TRVs.... almost all applications are decided on the basis of the documents and evidence submitted.

If your aunt and uncle will host your visit then they should provide an Invitation Letter, copies of their passports, their immigration status, NOA/T4, bank statement, etc.... which you will include with your visa application

muzmurad

Star Member
Nov 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
AOR Received.
23-12-2014
File Transfer...
24-12-2014
Med's Request
25-08-2015
Med's Done....
Prior to App
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
13-10-2015
Hi. What are the different status updates online? For example right after applying I got the biometrics notification. Then there were a few emails that say updates but nothing appeared online. I got my passport request and we sent in the passport via VAC. Today the status changed to Approved, Closed. Does that mean the visa has been stamped on the passport or is there another step for that? I want to book my travel asap so I'd like to have a clear picture. Thanks!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@muzmurad

An 'Approved, Closed' status update means you have been issued the TRV.... and the visa has been pasted/fixed in your passport. There is no other step remaining

You can collect your passport from the VAC.... or it will be couriered to your address (if you chose this service)

muzmurad

Star Member
Nov 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
AOR Received.
23-12-2014
File Transfer...
24-12-2014
Med's Request
25-08-2015
Med's Done....
Prior to App
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
13-10-2015
Fantastic! Thanks for your reply :) Waiting for the VFS guys to let us know it is ready for pickup.

Bryanna said:
@ muzmurad

An 'Approved, Closed' status update means you have been issued the TRV.... and the visa has been pasted/fixed in your passport. There is no other step remaining

You can collect your passport from the VAC.... or it will be couriered to your address (if you chose this service)

clarasclass

Jun 18, 2015
@Bryanna Thank you for your quick response to this query. I forgot to include in my question that my Aunt and Uncle are on their senior years and are just enjoying their retirement. Would this affect my intention of applying for a tourist visa or not?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
clarasclass said:
@ Bryanna Thank you for your quick response to this query. I forgot to include in my question that my Aunt and Uncle are on their senior years and are just enjoying their retirement. Would this affect my intention of applying for a tourist visa or not?
Your aunt's and uncle's retirement will not affect your TRV.... for a TRV, the applicant's financial situation + strong ties to his/her country of residence matter more than the Hosts' documents (although their documents are important too). You can also give proofs of how you are related to them.

You must provide evidence of your employment/business + financial situation (investments + bank statements) + family ties + property ownership/lease agreement + previous travel history helps (although it is not essential) + any other reasons for you to return home

carteriv

Jun 23, 2015
hi
i applied for my trv and also done the biometrics(22nd june) as instructed but my status on cic website still shows " we need applicants biometrics"
processing time for my country is 5 working days. i am confused because i have called and also sent an email yet no useful response. any ideas on what's going on!