Waived
Passport Req..
24-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
1st Aug 2013
LANDED..........
14th Aug 2013
gst8486 said:
As per VFS website the nearest VFS office you have is in chennai, your parents can submit their passport personally by visiting their office or via a family member, they can pay for courier at the VFS office and i am pretty sure they take cash too. I will recommend you to call VFS helpline 022-67866002
Can anybody go and submit their passport, or should they carry any authorization letter then? I thought we could send it by courier? Also, if my dad goes to submit, should my mom go personally too? Thankyou very much for your reply earlier.They called helpline but that guy said need to come personally...and submit, this may not be practical everytime right?
My parents applied online visa, so no agent involved, if now an agent is involved is it ok?

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
jesuslu said:
Can anybody go and submit their passport, or should they carry any authorization letter then? I thought we could send it by courier? Also, if my dad goes to submit, should my mom go personally too? Thankyou very much for your reply earlier.They called helpline but that guy said need to come personally...and submit, this may not be practical everytime right?
My parents applied online visa, so no agent involved, if now an agent is involved is it ok?
Don't involve agents in this. And i am assuming an authorization letter will be required but i will suggest you to contact VFS to get a definite answer

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
jesuslu said:
I agree with gst8486.... do not involve any agents.

Your parents cannot courier their passports to VFS Chennai. It must be submitted in-person along with the CIC letters for passport request.

There are three ways of going about this:
a. Both your parents can visit VFS Chennai and submit their passports.... in this case, your mom must submit her passport in-person IF she submits it after noon (do check with VFS Chennai for the time.... generally, it is after noon)

b. Your dad can submit both his/your mom's passports if he visits VFS Chennai pre-noon

c. Your parents can send their passports through an authorized representative (with relevant documents) anytime during VFS Chennai working hours

They must pay the VAC service charges.... sign VAC consent letters.... they can also choose to have the processed passports delivered by courier (Blue Dart) to their residence (for an additional fee)

All the best :)

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Thanks to Bryanna for adding more information, +1 for Bryanna. :)
If in case your parent's passports are getting delivered by an authorized person (with an authorization letter) please use the following link for downloading the VAC/VFS Consent form http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/southafrica/pdf/consent_form_south_africa.pdf
Download, print, fill this form (one for your mom and and one for your dad) and get your parents to sign the form. Ignore the third page of the form, fill and sign only Page 2. Once filled and signed this should be handed over to authorized person along with passport, CIC Letter for passport submission and authorization letter

jesuslu

May 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2012
AOR Received.
Dec 2012
Med's Request
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
09-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
1st Aug 2013
LANDED..........
14th Aug 2013
Bryanna said:
I agree with gst8486.... do not involve any agents.

Your parents cannot courier their parents passports to VFS Chennai. It must be submitted in-person along with the CIC letters for passport request.

There are three ways of going about this:
a. Both your parents can visit VFS Chennai and submit their passports.... in this case, your mom must submit her passport in-person IF she submits it after noon (do check with VFS Chennai for the time.... generally, it is after noon)

b. Your dad can submit both his/your mom's passports if he visits VFS Chennai pre-noon

c. Your parents can send their passports through an authorized representative (with relevant documents) anytime during VFS Chennai working hours

They must pay the VAC service charges.... sign VAC consent letters.... they can also choose to have the processed passports delivered by courier (Blue Dart) to their residence (for an additional fee)

All the best :)
Thank you very much for the responses everyone...
Question: I heard few people sending it courier by blue dart and paying upfront to blue dart for the return as well. Can't my parents do this? All this because they are old, I dont want my dad to travel all the way to chennai to submit the passport. I am in Canada.

jesuslu

May 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2012
AOR Received.
Dec 2012
Med's Request
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
09-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
1st Aug 2013
LANDED..........
14th Aug 2013
gst8486 said:
Yes they can pay for the courier at VFS office to avoid another trip for passport pick up
I think you didnt get me.
Sending passport by blue dart from Kerala to chennai VFS and paying the return courier fee upfront to Blue dart in Kerala.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
jesuslu said:
I think you didnt get me.
Sending passport by blue dart from Kerala to chennai VFS and paying the return courier fee upfront to Blue dart in Kerala.
My apologies .............somebody has to deliver the passport personally, for return courier is the option

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@ gst8486: That's right.... someone will have to submit the passports personally

It is unlikely that a courier company will accept passports..... because it is on the list of prohibited items that can be sent by courier/post.... even for domestic courier deliveries.

@ jesuslu: Maybe you can submit their passports through an authorized representative (like a relative or friend)

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jesuslu said:
I have applied for my parents to come from Kerala.They have received passport request on May 2nd, I guess they should be sending it to chennai..how should they pay the courier fee for return passport? Can you please advise or anyone advise?
Hi jesuslu, can you please let me know when did you file the online application? Just trying to estimate the online processing time. Thanks.

jesuslu

May 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2012
AOR Received.
Dec 2012
Med's Request
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
09-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
1st Aug 2013
LANDED..........
14th Aug 2013
shimnui1 said:
Hi jesuslu, can you please let me know when did you file the online application? Just trying to estimate the online processing time. Thanks.
I applied online from Canada for my parents on 27th April, got passport request on May 2nd, by God's grace.My parents are coming from South India so probably application must have gone to Bangalore or chennai office.
Thanks.

BamBamBing

Star Member
Jun 3, 2010
App. Filed.......
End of March
Doc's Request.
End of April and End of May
AOR Received.
Mid-April
File Transfer...
Mid-May
Med's Done....
Mid-May
Hi,

I saw several posts here about people receiving CiC update emails but cannot see any changes on the website. My case is slightly different

My in-laws received a mail today saying to connect on CiC as there was an update to their application.

I logged in with them and saw that Details in the section View my submitted applications where we can see their applications changed from Submitted to Updated.

I opened it...no change at all and the status is now back to "submitted"

Any idea what's going on?.

BamBamBing

Star Member
Jun 3, 2010
App. Filed.......
End of March
Doc's Request.
End of April and End of May
AOR Received.
Mid-April
File Transfer...
Mid-May
Med's Done....
Mid-May
Just found this post...guess it's the same reason (internal update no visible to user)

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cic-email-about-your-applicationxx-has-been-updated-but-no-new-msg-or-status-t206690.0.html

jashim

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Hello Everyone,
I have some query regarding online application for my wife's TRV from Bangladesh:

1. To fill up the Employment section of IMM5257 form she needs extra space (she worked in four different position but the form has three slot) and the guideline says that If you need more space, print out an additional page of the form, complete this section and submit it with your application. My question is how can I upload the additional page as the online system allow one document only for the IMM5257 upload?

2. Also after completing the main/first IMM5257 form a barcode will be created after validation that will be devoid of her additional page information for sure. So the second IMM5257 form will have just one of her employment information. Does she need to create the barcode of her second IMM5257 form? If yes then again where she upload the second IMM5257 form?

3. In the family information form, Section B tells that If no children are listed sign below. However there is no way to paste signature or type name of that (IMM5645) form. what is the solution?

Waiting for your valuable suggestions.

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

So i managed to apply for an online TRV for my parents 02 June. My parents are from Tamilnadu (very far from Chennai - 500kms).
Looks like there is a lot of wait time for processing online TRV's from India but in some cases passport request have happened around a week/ten days.

I see the online status as "Open". Bangalore VO indicates 14 days of processing time.

Is that still the case? Any one who applied recently for an online TRV from India.. what is the usual processing time. My parents are from Tamilnadu so the consulate should be Bangalore/New-Delhi?
Folks who have got passport request , submitting to VFS is the only way?

Thanks,