+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa online application

Rabs84

Star Member
Sep 7, 2014
vinaypuri said:
Hi There, congrats, what Visa office did you apply it from?

We applied online but parents are in North India (Punjab, probably Chandigarh Visa office) on March 28th. No news yet. :(
Congrats... Wat is the validity of visit visa i mean how long u can stay there? Which doc do i need to apply?

razahnaqvi

Apr 25, 2015
while applying online is there a need to print and sign imm5257 TRV FORM and FAMILY INFO FORM IMM5645 or just write name in signature field. but there is no editable field in IMM5645 form to write a name on signature field. Please advise.

Seemaraj

Apr 6, 2015
gst8486 said:
You should call VFS to check what's going on. You can also go on BlueDart courier website and put the VFS number under the Reference Number, once you enter it the website will give you the status of courier (if the passports are couriered already), i thought i should share this info with you !

Hi Gst,
Online app : March 29th
Passport req : April 14th
Passport submitted : Apr 16th
Passport recd : April 27th
processing was done at bangalore.

Seemaraj

Apr 6, 2015
Bryanna said:
Congrats :)

btw the CVAC plays no part in processing visa applications.

The Chandigarh visa office handles TRV applications from Punjab/Haryana/Chandigarh.... though at times, it could be processed by the New Delhi visa office too
Hi Bryanna,

Thank you for your support and info throughout the process. My dad has got his multiple entry visa till passport expiry date .

Truly appreciate your selfless service here.

Time line for reference :
Passport recd : Apr 27th , processing done at Bangalore

Thank you

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Seema,

Finally, the long wait is over :) From your timelines, it has taken almost a month for processing from the Bangalore visa office.... phew

So happy for you.... really glad to know your dad got the TRV until the full validity of his passport.... have a wonderful time with your dad

Cheers :)

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Seemaraj said:
Hi Gst,
Passport recd : April 27th
processing was done at bangalore.

I am glad that the wait is over for you !

rupesh.gunapati

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
in Toronto downtown
My in-laws got their passport request. Since i am the authorised family representative, they need to go to Canadian VFS office in india to submit their passports/passport request letters along with some fees (19$/each) right ?

Any suggestions which i need to follow here ? Also we would like to get a return passport via courier.

Thanks,

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
rupesh.gunapati said:
My in-laws got their passport request. Since i am the authorised family representative, they need to go to Canadian VFS office in india to submit their passports/passport request letters along with some fees (19$/each) right ?

Any suggestions which i need to follow here ? Also we would like to get a return passport via courier.

Thanks,
Check the below link for the Fee schedule of VFS with details about courier fee & secure transmission of passport fee. You can also subscribe for an SMS update option (highly recommended)
http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/service_charge_schedule.html

MARCHIE

Jan 8, 2011
Vancouver ....Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC LONDON UK-----Transferred to PVO 7Feb 2013
NOC Code......
3152 ( Registered Nurse )
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 May 2010
Doc's Request.
18 October 2010
Nomination.....
CHC London 15 Jan 2011...
AOR Received.
1st AOR 18 Oct 2010 / 2nd AOR 16 June 2011..
IELTS Request
All Done..
File Transfer...
PARIS OFFICE
Med's Request
13 March 2013
Med's Done....
10 April 2013
Interview........
Medicals Results Received 15 Aug 2013...
Passport Req..
29 Sep 2013 Submitted @ Abu Dhabi U.A.E
VISA ISSUED...
01 Oct 2013
LANDED..........
Celebrated White Christmas in Vancouver..2013.
GUYS I am a PR in canada since 2013
I want to call my parents on visit i don t have LICO yet
can any one guide how much funds my parents need to show as bank balance to apply for visit visa

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
MARCHIE said:
GUYS I am a PR in canada since 2013
I want to call my parents on visit i don t have LICO yet
can any one guide how much funds my parents need to show as bank balance to apply for visit visa
Typically (as an unofficial guide) for TRVs: Your parents must show about CAD 1000 per person per week of visit + finances to purchase the tickets + surplus funds

jesuslu

May 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2012
AOR Received.
Dec 2012
Med's Request
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
09-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
1st Aug 2013
LANDED..........
14th Aug 2013
Seemaraj said:
Hi Vinaypuri,

We applied online on March 29th. My dad is from Chennai. The request for passport was made on April 14th through CIC website/ Email.
I have applied for my parents to come from Kerala.They have received passport request on May 2nd, I guess they should be sending it to chennai..how should they pay the courier fee for return passport? Can you please advise or anyone advise?

jesuslu

May 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2012
AOR Received.
Dec 2012
Med's Request
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
09-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
1st Aug 2013
LANDED..........
14th Aug 2013
Rajdurai Chitran said:
Bangalore now has a CIC office apart from NewDelhi and Chandigarh. If you are applying form South India it is better to send to Bangalore office.

The emails that you get stating that your application has been updated means your application is in progress and some changes are made in the background.

When you get an email stating that you have a "Message" in your CIC account , there is an actual status update or communication from CIC.

So open the CIC account to see when you get a message.

If the message that you received is for "Passport Request" most likely your application is approved. Still it will be mentioned that a decision has been made on your file. No indication that it is approved.

You will know it only after the Passport is stamped. Your online application status will be updated as "Approved"

Hope it helps.

Thanks.
Raj
Hi Raj,How to send passport to the nearest VFS. Since they are in Kerala, will be sending it to Chennai, question is: how to pay fee for return courier of passport? Can you please guide? Thanks.

kunjan09

May 4, 2015
HI,

I applied for Canada visitor visa online from New York City on April 20 2015.

1) Anybody has any idea about usually how much time does it take to call for passport submission.

2) I live close to Canadian embassy in New York City so can I submit my passport physically when they call for passport submission.

Thank you for reading this post.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
jesuslu said:
I have applied for my parents to come from Kerala.They have received passport request on May 2nd, I guess they should be sending it to chennai..how should they pay the courier fee for return passport? Can you please advise or anyone advise?
As per VFS website the nearest VFS office you have is in chennai, your parents can submit their passport personally by visiting their office or via a family member, they can pay for courier at the VFS office and i am pretty sure they take cash too. I will recommend you to call VFS helpline 022-67866002

P.Udayanga

May 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AH15 said:
Need a help!!!
do I also need to provide parents bank statement for online super visa? where should we attach the file?
there is no such link for that.

Thanks in advance.
Indeed,

You Can Merge Both Your And Your Parents Bank Statements As One PDF File.