april 2014,27 august2015
Interview........
waived
I applied online on 28 march from new Delhi BT no news till now :-\

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
butlergerrard said:
We applied online, and she is from Punjab, so may be Chandigarh or Jalandhar CVAC has processed her application.
Congrats :)

btw the CVAC plays no part in processing visa applications.

The Chandigarh visa office handles TRV applications from Punjab/Haryana/Chandigarh.... though at times, it could be processed by the New Delhi visa office too

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
'My CIC' profile of my family member got updated today:

Here is the Timeline
Applied: March-30-2015
Received about 3 to 4 emails in-between saying that there is an update on file (Though there was only one actual update i.e. Passport Req.)
Original Passport Request: April-14-2015
Passport Submitted via VFS: April-17-2015
A final decision has been reached, This application has been approved: April-22-2015
VFS Website says: Passport has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre on 22/04/2015

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi There, congrats, what Visa office did you apply it from?

We applied online but parents are in North India (Punjab, probably Chandigarh Visa office) on March 28th. No news yet. :(

gst8486 said:
'My CIC' profile of my family member got updated today:

Here is the Timeline
Received about 3 to 4 emails in-between saying that there is an update on file (Though there was only one actual update i.e. Passport Req.)
A final decision has been reached, This application has been approved: April-22-2015
VFS Website says: Passport has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre on 22/04/2015

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
vinaypuri said:
Hi There, congrats, what Visa office did you apply it from?

We applied online but parents are in North India (Punjab, probably Chandigarh Visa office) on March 28th. No news yet. :(
My family member is also in India.

Once 'Passport Submission Request' shows up on MY CIC, you can get your parents to submit their passports via VFS Chandigarh !
In the online application we only get to pick India as an option for application (No city specific option) but i think after the successful submission the application is redirected to the closest Canadian Immigration office, so i am assuming your family's application is getting processed in chandigarh. \

These guys take longer for online applications, paper applications are faster ! For New Delhi the processing time for paper application is 6 days and for us it took almost a month, for Chandigarh it's 15 days for paper application and i think for your family's application it is going to take about 40 days approximately.

I would recommend you to forward a Case Specific Inquiry to them, use the below link for that:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=chandigarh

Seemaraj

Apr 6, 2015
Here is the Timeline
[/color]
[/quote]

Congratulations GST,

We are still waiting for update after the submission of passport on April 16th at chennai VFS.
I wonder what is taking them so long..

Online app : March 29th
Passport req : April 14th
Passport submitted : Apr 16th
no update on status...

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
You should call VFS to check what's going on. You can also go on BlueDart courier website and put the VFS number under the Reference Number, once you enter it the website will give you the status of courier (if the passports are couriered already), i thought i should share this info with you !

Seemaraj said:
Here is the Timeline
[/color]

Congratulations GST,

We are still waiting for update after the submission of passport on April 16th at chennai VFS.
I wonder what is taking them so long..

Online app : March 29th
Passport req : April 14th
Passport submitted : Apr 16th
no update on status...

Nainarvet

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pbcanada said:
Friends,
Can you advise me ?
My case is :

I am a permanent resident of Canada along with my wife and son.
We got our PR in July-2014, and stayed in Canada for just three months.
Then we returned back to India and are now in India since Oct.-2014.

Now i am planning to return to Canada permanently in April-2016.
I want my parents to go with me to Canada and stay with me as long as possible.
As i don't have any income in Canada, so i don't fulfill the minimum income condition for supervisa.

Kindly advise, what are my options:

Should my parents apply for multiple entry visa-ten year for Canada.
and also
multiple entry visa-ten year for USA.

so that after every six month stay in Canada they visit USA by road for one day to get break
and return back Canada and then repeat the process after every six months.
until i generate the income required to apply for supper visa for my parents.

Both of my parents are retired from government jobs in India and getting pension in India.
and have property of around CAD$ 100,000 in India.

Kindly advise what should i do now?

regards,
While it would be ideal to wait until you reach LICO and then apply for Super visa, if your situation requires that they come with you, you can still apply for TRV and take them with you when you return to Canada. I agree with the previous suggestion that it may not look good to take advantage of a day break in US and re-enter Canada the next day. A better way is to remain in Canada and apply online for an extension of stay as a visitor. Hopefully, in the first six months of their stay itself, if you find a good job and are above LICO, then you can directly apply for super visa. Good luck!

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Finally Passport Received with VISA !

VFS Website says: Passport has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre on April 22, 2015
Passport Received with VISA Stamp: April 24, 2015

I want to convey my Thanks to the members of this forum who helped me !

sidaktoronto

Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
228X
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 7, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 28, 2015
Nomination.....
September 12, 2015
AOR Received.
October 7, 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with EE Application
File Transfer...
Not Applicable
Med's Request
Submitted with EE Application
Med's Done....
October 6, 2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 24, 2016
LANDED..........
March 8, 2016
gst8486 said:
Finally Passport Received with VISA !

VFS Website says: Passport has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre on April 22, 2015
Passport Received with VISA Stamp: April 24, 2015

Congratulations on grtting the visa ...
I had a question , on vfs website my passport is showing couriered but it has not provided me with any courier tracking number . But its written you can track it through courier partnet. How can i track it if no travking number is provided for courier. Did you got any of those details or you just waited for two days to get it ??

I want to convey my Thanks to the members of this forum who helped me !

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
As mentioned in one of my previous posts in this group, you can enter the VFS reference number in the Bluedart website tracking page as a refernece number (not waybill), then you should get the courier status.
Good Luck !