+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa online application

Seemaraj

Apr 6, 2015
Online app submitted : March 29
Update on my account to submit passport : April 14
I was wondering why the letter sent does not have any reference number or application number/ name.
Is this normal? How will they identify based only on passport?

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Seemaraj said:
I was wondering why the letter sent does not have any reference number or application number/ name.

The letter i received had an application number and UCI number on it, that's really strange that you letter doesn't have that, I am not sure if you have submitted your passport already or not but i would recommend you to attach an additional letter with your application number, name DOB, address on it. That could avoid any unwanted hiccups !

pbcanada

Apr 16, 2015
Friends,
Can you advise me ?
My case is :

I am a permanent resident of Canada along with my wife and son.
We got our PR in July-2014, and stayed in Canada for just three months.
Then we returned back to India and are now in India since Oct.-2014.

Now i am planning to return to Canada permanently in April-2016.
I want my parents to go with me to Canada and stay with me as long as possible.
As i don't have any income in Canada, so i don't fulfill the minimum income condition for supervisa.

Kindly advise, what are my options:

Should my parents apply for multiple entry visa-ten year for Canada.
and also
multiple entry visa-ten year for USA.

so that after every six month stay in Canada they visit USA by road for one day to get break
and return back Canada and then repeat the process after every six months.
until i generate the income required to apply for supper visa for my parents.

Both of my parents are retired from government jobs in India and getting pension in India.
and have property of around CAD$ 100,000 in India.

Kindly advise what should i do now?

regards,

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seemaraj said:
Hi Semmaraj, what is the home country of application, is it India, if yes, which part of India. We submitted app on March 28th. No news since then?

Also, did you receive Snail mail or an email?

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
pbcanada said:
Friends,
Can you advise me ?
My case is :

As i don't have any income in Canada, so i don't fulfill the minimum income condition for supervisa.

and also

so that after every six month stay in Canada they visit USA by road for one day to get break

Both of my parents are retired from government jobs in India and getting pension in India.

regards,
You can always apply for visitor's visa for your parents but there is no guarantee they will get them. Also, if the visa applications are successful there is no guarantee they will be given six months stay in Canada. The immigration officer at the POE will determine the length of stay and if they go to the US at the end of each period for which they have been authorized to stay and then turn around and attempt to enter Canada soon after this will likely cause problems as well and they could be denied entry. I would suggest that once in Canada (provided the are successful in getting visas) they apply for an extension of stay at the appropriate time.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/visit/extend-stay.asp

Seemaraj

Apr 6, 2015
gst8486 said:

The letter i received had an application number and UCI number on it, that's really strange that you letter doesn't have that, I am not sure if you have submitted your passport already or not but i would recommend you to attach an additional letter with your application number, name DOB, address on it. That could avoid any unwanted hiccups !
Hi Gst8486,

We did submit the passport with application number aswell.. Yeah, it is kind of weird though.

Thank you

Seemaraj

Apr 6, 2015
vinaypuri said:
Hi Semmaraj, what is the home country of application, is it India, if yes, which part of India. We submitted app on March 28th. No news since then?

Also, did you receive Snail mail or an email?
Hi Vinaypuri,

We applied online on March 29th. My dad is from Chennai. The request for passport was made on April 14th through CIC website/ Email.

tongstory_06

Apr 17, 2015
Hi I am from Australia and recently applied for online TRV to visit my sister in Toronto. Does anyone have any idea how long the processing is if applied in Sydney recently? The website says 24 days. Was there any instance that it is actually faster? Thanks.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
tongstory_06 said:
Hi I am from Australia and recently applied for online TRV to visit my sister in Toronto. Does anyone have any idea how long the processing is if applied in Sydney recently? The website says 24 days. Was there any instance that it is actually faster? Thanks.
I guess It just depends on the office, Based on the reviews are read on this forum and many other forums, the canadian high commission in New Delhi takes more time on Online Applications and less on Paper Applications. Last year one of my friend applied for his parents TRV (Paper Application) in Canadian High Commission, New Delhi (Via VFS Global) and at that time the average processing time for TRV application was 7 days, but they got their VISA within 2 days. And now when i applied for my family member (Online Application) as per the website the average processing time for CHC, New Delhi is about 8 days but it took about 14 days to get a passport call from CHC and once the passport is submitted it takes 5 more days.

But you never know, Sydney office might process is faster for you, please have a look on the following group pages:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/canadian-online-trv-visa-processing-time-in-recent-times-t148431.15.html

nehamerchant

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pbcanada said:
Friends,
Can you advise me ?
My case is :

and also

regards,
In my opinion let your parents remain in India till you achieve LICO.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seemaraj said:
Hi Vinaypuri,

We applied online on March 29th. My dad is from Chennai. The request for passport was made on April 14th through CIC website/ Email.
Thanks Seemaraj. my parents are in Punjab, let's see how much time it takes.