+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa On Hold Status - What does this mean? what do I do?

smarties786

Aug 31, 2012
Hello,

I am a bit confused over my father in law's visa application. I will give a quick summary. My wife is graduating, and so first my brother in law and mother in law applied for a canadian visitor visa (they are Tanzanian Nationals). Both of them were approved within 1 week of applying and got their visas.

My father in law applied at the beginning of May for his visa. On May 20th we received a letter saying that a decision had been made, and that they wanted the passport sent to them. This was sent on May 21st. Unlike the previous applications (for my mother and brother in law) this one did not return as fast. After 9 days the passport was still not returned. Finally, on May 31st he got an email that his MYCIC was updated. Except this time the status was changed to "on hold". I have never seen this status before, and no where does it explain why the status is such.

I have sent numerous emails - to no response.

My wife is graduating next week and it would be great to have him here...I just dont know what this means or what to do. Any ideas please?

propain

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2013
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They find something suspicious in that passport and it is being checked.

they hold in case of any doubt.

u may intiate case specific enquiry in ur mycic account but that could take upto 21 business days to complete

saleeem

Sep 2, 2014
HI Every one please help me . Me and My wife apply for tourist visa Canada in month of June we got her passport in July but mine still pending what should i do also no reply for them am tired to email also no way to phone call...please help me am very worried.Thanks