Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
My parents and brother applied for a visa renewal in Jan 2021 due to a family emergency. My parents got approved but my brother was left pending due to covid protocols.

It been over 1.5yr now and no response regarding my brother application. I've also emailed them and no response as yet.

Any suggestions on what to do? A few people told me to reapply but will I get back my refund for this application?

Thanks!

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
My parents and brother applied for a visa renewal in Jan 2021 due to a family emergency. My parents got approved but my brother was left pending due to covid protocols.

It been over 1.5yr now and no response regarding my brother application. I've also emailed them and no response as yet.

Any suggestions on what to do? A few people told me to reapply but will I get back my refund for this application?

Thanks!
Yes you must reapply

Once you reapply, which ever application is processed, the other application will be refunded and then withdrawn.
However not everyone is seeing a refund. So take note of that

Good Luck

Reactions: ajbear

ajbear

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
This will be a tough one since they applied as a family and most assets were from my parents.

Oh well, I guess I'll try to reapply and see how it goes.