+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa minor children

ASammy

May 25, 2023
Can I apply for visitor visas for my minor nephews through my own IRCC account? As they are minors and unable to consent, can a use of representative form be filled out on their behalf? Thank you for your assistance in advance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can I apply for visitor visas for my minor nephews through my own IRCC account? As they are minors and unable to consent, can a use of representative form be filled out on their behalf? Thank you for your assistance in advance
No they need their own account. They are not your children. You also will need to justify why these minors need to visit Canada without their parents and proof they will return home.

Reactions: YVR123

ASammy

May 25, 2023
Thank you for your response. I never said they were visiting without their parents. I just wanted to know how to put the application through as they are minors. One is too small to even have an email address so how can he create his own GC key? I was told that both applications could be submitted under the same profile so that was confusing for me as well. If you have any links to articles that could make the process clearer, that I would be grateful

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your response. I never said they were visiting without their parents. I just wanted to know how to put the application through as they are minors. One is too small to even have an email address so how can he create his own GC key? I was told that both applications could be submitted under the same profile so that was confusing for me as well. If you have any links to articles that could make the process clearer, that I would be grateful
It is an extremely odd question to ask if you can apply for your nephews who are minors under your account if their parents are trying to travel with them. If the children are trying to attempt to visit with their parents one parent can set up an account and their spouse and minor unmarried children can be included on that account. They don’t have to use one account but having them all be on one account for example with the father as the primary applicant is a very common way to apply.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Parents would be giving consent so they can set up the account. It is not through your account who is not even considered a family member.

ASammy

May 25, 2023
It is an extremely odd question to ask if you can apply for your nephews who are minors under your account if their parents are trying to travel with them. If the children are trying to attempt to visit with their parents one parent can set up an account and their spouse and minor unmarried children can be included on that account. They don’t have to use one account but having them all be on one account for example with the father as the primary applicant is a very common way to apply.